Tool Stardew Valley Save Editor (1.3 Compatible)

Discussion in 'Mods' started by etsmsj, Mar 6, 2016.

1. etsmsj

etsmsj Phantasmal Quasar

Yes, but I'd like to have it so that I can see what the program did for your save not to be readable

• OrSpeeder

OrSpeeder Phantasmal Quasar

It it shows on the inventory, then it DOES work, that was only the part I was unsure.

what it do is that when the game calculates your daily luck (that can range from -0.1 to +0.1) if you have the special charm, there is a 80% change of it being +0.1 fixed.

etsmsj likes this.
      • Miraje

Miraje Void-Bound Voyager

Sup, i'm having a similar save issue where my save file wont really read? any thoughts?
        http://prntscr.com/ace3ls

Edit: forgot to add report, super sorry

See the end of this message for details on invoking
        just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
        System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
        at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
        at System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
        at System.Convert.ToInt32(String value)
        at Stardew_Valley_Save_Editor.Form1.ExtractCurrent()
        at Stardew_Valley_Save_Editor.Form1.browseFile1_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
        at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
        at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
        at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
        at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
        at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
        at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
        at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
        at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
        at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
        at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
        mscorlib
        Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
        Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34209 built by: FX452RTMGDR
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
        ----------------------------------------
        Stardew Valley Save Editor
        Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
        Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Miiraje/Desktop/StardewValleySaveEditorV.0.2/Stardew%20Valley%20Save%20Editor.exe
        System.Windows.Forms
        Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34251 built by: FX452RTMGDR
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
        System.Drawing
        Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34285 built by: FX452RTMGDR
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
        System
        Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34238 built by: FX452RTMGDR
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
        System.Xml
        Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34283 built by: FX452RTMGDR
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
        To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
        application or computer (machine.config) must have the
        jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
        The application must also be compiled with debugging
        enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
        <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
        </configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
        will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
        rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2016
          FinchyFeathers likes this.
        • etsmsj

etsmsj Phantasmal Quasar

I see, that makes sense. Thank you

• etsmsj

etsmsj Phantasmal Quasar

Hmm... It's funny. It seems to be having problems when reading your save file. Have you tried running as admin? It's really weird though.

• MidgetMan

MidgetMan Big Damn Hero

etsmsj, some odd reason it decided to Delete values from the XML they posted.

• FinchyFeathers

FinchyFeathers Void-Bound Voyager

I am getting the exact same thing as Miraje. I've tried running as admin, as sugested by etsmsj. It does nothing differently. The program was running just fine for me the last few times I've used it, but it suddenly doesn't like my file.

• etsmsj

etsmsj Phantasmal Quasar

I'll check if ConcernedApe has updated the game and if he has changed the way the game saves... It's really weird that all of a sudden, it won't let people edit their files... Could you DM me your save file please?

• FinchyFeathers

FinchyFeathers Void-Bound Voyager

Apologies but, DM? May I ask what you mean by that?

• etsmsj

etsmsj Phantasmal Quasar

Direct message. Send them through a private conversation, or as you prefer

• TheForlornScribe

TheForlornScribe Void-Bound Voyager

Took another crack at my save file tonight while I wasn't so tired. It appears to be under "<slimesKilled>473</slimesKilled>" and a larger section titled "<specificMonstersKilled>".
                        I was originally searching for the number posted in the Adventurer's Guild. Tonight I searched just "Slime" and found the correct section.

Based on my understanding, it appears the save keeps track of each monster killed. The slimes appear to be kept separate and then added together in the "slimes killed" section.

Furthermore, it seems slimes killed in the enchanted forest may not count towards the Adventurer's guild statistic, as the number listed on my save file is larger than the number posted on their board.

Not sure if any of this his helpful, but... there it is.

etsmsj likes this.
                        • BasicallyAWizard

BasicallyAWizard Void-Bound Voyager

Are you in the beta test for the updates by chance?

• Miraje

Hey again. I myself am not apart of of beta, I did opt in and then opted out after some mods worked up. if you would like to i'll just leave my save file here so if anybody would like to take a crack at it they can figure out whats going on. Havent tried admin out yet but ill give it a shot, however from what others have said probably not going to change much :/

Thanks for all the help nonetheless, glad to help improve the engine.
                            https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B0vm1S8pKEXBZzYxeVRNSS1DeGM&usp=sharing

etsmsj likes this.
                            • MidgetMan

MidgetMan Big Damn Hero

The problem is a coding issue with how the Program reads the XML, I already have patched it and sent the source to etsmsj and hopefully will be uploaded soon. I also have patched it so it auto backups your xmls on load so if it breaks something you can restore it. So just watch for an update.

etsmsj and Dejiax like this.
                              • etsmsj

etsmsj Phantasmal Quasar

I'll go into it as soon as I have time, it shouldn't be an issue, but I do have a lot of stuff planned. I will realease a hotfix version to address the issues that people are having when reading the save file though. Thanks

• etsmsj

etsmsj Phantasmal Quasar

The bug has been found by @MidgetMan and fixed by him as well. I will soon upload the fix, and it should then be fine

BasicallyAWizard likes this.
                                  • etsmsj

etsmsj Phantasmal Quasar

Uploaded the fix guys!

• Miraje

Ah! Well glade to hear! Ill make sure to download the update.

Update: so I downloaded 2.1 and unpacked all the files but the application just endlessly loaded.
                                      Im going to see if the application does this if I run admin and remove process but hopefully this can be resolved with a tweak or two...

Edit 2: http://prntscr.com/acp4sm all processes of the save editor

Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
                                      • etsmsj

etsmsj Phantasmal Quasar

I think that is more of a specific problem. Do you know in which conditions it happened? It's really weird that it's continuously opening

• Fyrnty

Fyrnty Void-Bound Voyager

Hey, I love this program, and I was wondering when the version with the inventory editor is scheduled to come out. I mean no disrespect, I'm NOT like "You guys need to hurry up, blah, blah, fuck you!", I'm just curious as to when it's coming out.