Tool Stardew Valley Save Editor (1.3 Compatible)

Discussion in 'Mods' started by etsmsj, Mar 6, 2016.

1. dotc0m

dotc0m Intergalactic Tourist

Question - when I've saved my edited file, and I select it in Stardew now, it just kicks me back to restarting the game (the intro screen, as in, re-opening SDV altogether). I've got the latest version and I'm on Winows 10 as well. It allows me to do everything else.

Edit: I reloaded all original files from the saves (I made a separate copy on my desktop) and went in to only add one item to the inventory, and this seems to have bypassed whatever the glitch was. I believe perhaps changing my character's name caused the glitch? Does anyone have anything to weigh in with on that?

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
    • etsmsj

etsmsj Phantasmal Quasar

It's been a while since we last updated this post. Which version do you have of the tool? I'm updating the post today. We're rewriting the tool though to allow multiplatform and the upcoming new version of the game.

• dotc0m

V 1.0.0.2 it looks like. I was doing okay but for some reason it's doing it again with two of my files. :S

• etsmsj

etsmsj Phantasmal Quasar

Do you have discord? If so, go into the discord to the help section. We'll help you there

• dotc0m

I don't, sorry. Don't even know what that is.

• Stryder87

Stryder87 Giant Laser Beams

I was trying to do a few edits using v1.0.0.2 and continually run into the same issues:
              1) When trying to upgrade my tools, I tried replacing them with the iridium ones and it wouldn't work, just drops them down to the basic tools. So I saw the post to change the level. I tried it, but when I press Update, I get the (frequent) Error Updating Item dialogue box. I also get that error box when changing the amount of items, but it does save the changed amount. Adding new items into my backpack works fine. It just simply will not upgrade my tools (with the one exception mentioned below).
              2) Storage Select just plain doesn't work, yet it did in the older version I had. The drop down is empty. Very weird.
              Those are the two biggest things that I run into. Oddly enough though, I somehow managed to upgrade the Watering Can from basic to Iridium. I have no idea what I did, since clicking on it never showed it as having changed from the basic one, but when I went back into the game it was upgraded. I've never been able to duplicate it on anything else. It was a one time event. No amount of changing the level or quality makes a difference. Nor does 'Replace With'. It just sits there and teases me with dreams of greatness. :)

• kitty_pooh

kitty_pooh Space Hobo

Everytime I load my save file the tool crashes :"( ? Does anyone have any idea why? Please help :(

upload_2018-4-13_22-44-45.png

• Carlie

Carlie Intergalactic Tourist

Every time I try to load a save file into the editor the client crashes. The first and only other time I've ever used this client was a few weeks ago and I had no problem with it. I've tried deleting and redownloading it twice and it does the same thing.

• MidgetMan

MidgetMan Big Damn Hero

BitterBeard likes this.
                  • LucyMax

LucyMax Space Hobo

• LucyMax

LucyMax Space Hobo

Update your version

• spiritofjon

spiritofjon Void-Bound Voyager

Is there direct non windows tweaking/bypassing install? This new WPF version wants me to bypass windows 10 security features... um nope.

Last edited: May 16, 2018
                      • Wiqkszon

Wiqkszon Void-Bound Voyager

It only update my old file(2017) so, I created a new game, uploaded to the program and it stopped working.

• LJ Neveral

LJ Neveral Big Damn Hero

Not sure what you mean by bypassing. You will get a smartscreen warning but that is the same with any application you download from the internet. Although if you add https://stcodematrix.com to your trusted sites then download it again you wont get the smartscreen warning..
                          For faster support i would suggest using the techhelp channel in discord.

• LJ Neveral

LJ Neveral Big Damn Hero

Please see discord for support

• LJ Neveral

LJ Neveral Big Damn Hero

• pancakepuffball

pancakepuffball Space Hobo

wheres the avatar editor at?

• DangoRon

DangoRon Space Hobo

Honest Question: (but perhaps off topic?) If i save edit something using this, such as relationships. Would it affect my co-op partner?

• Ryudo24

Ryudo24 Intergalactic Tourist

wheres the apperance change in this ? i see in the pictures it was in the old one but in the new one theres nothing about apperance change

• lordglythglyth

lordglythglyth Pangalactic Porcupine

hey can you add a way to to import n export items i have a hacked sword id like to start a new game with