Tool Stardew Valley Save Editor (1.3 Compatible)

Discussion in 'Mods' started by etsmsj, Mar 6, 2016.

1. MidgetMan

MidgetMan Big Damn Hero

Ahh that version is so old that the bug for the updater was changed in v.0.5.0 I would go to the download page and get a new version.

andreym_costa likes this.
    • andreym_costa

andreym_costa Void-Bound Voyager

The inventory editor doesn't work, I wanted to pick up Iridium Pickaxe but it comes with Common Pickaxe...
      V: 0.0.12.3

• MidgetMan

MidgetMan Big Damn Hero

Change the level of said PickAxe. The reason it works that way is techincally there is no new PickAxe when you upgrade it in game, it just goes up a level. The Save Editor Emulates the same process.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2017
        • alcas1

alcas1 Space Hobo

Hi i got a question. Does the save editor have all the item values saved? I was trying to edit up my fish caught in my saved xml file because my game glitched and never gave me the dark talisman quest after the railroad cutscene.

• MidgetMan

MidgetMan Big Damn Hero

Yes it does, it pulls all the items from the YAML files themseleves.

• DahniMae

DahniMae Void-Bound Voyager

hey, so for some things editing the inventory just does not work, i can put in new items like gold bars and stuff, but trying to turn my pickaxe into an iridium pickaxe just does not work, no mater what variable i try, the level function seems borked in general for all items. and currently anything i do on the map editor is not actually saved once i enter the game, its like i didnt edit it at all
              I am using the latest version of stardew valley, could that be messing with it?
              its so hard to find an update save editor for this game >.<

• MidgetMan

MidgetMan Big Damn Hero

Did you press update after editing Item Information?
                Map Editor issues are a new thing to me, did you press save after editing the information??

• DahniMae

DahniMae Void-Bound Voyager

Yup, pressed update after editing each seperate item, in game it still didnt change
                  as for the map I found out it seems to actually save my edits very randomly, sometimes it will and sometimes it wont and i can't figure out what I'm doing differently each time

• MidgetMan

MidgetMan Big Damn Hero

Could be a bug on our end, Ill take a look at it.

• danielee

danielee Master Chief

Does it recognize spouse? I saw that the maximum heart limit in this editor is 10 hearts for everyone, so it basically reset my spouse to 10 heart rather than remain the same.
                      Not a too big deal for me because I can change the save directly.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
                      • MidgetMan

MidgetMan Big Damn Hero

Fixed in the Beta Version.

• danielee

danielee Master Chief

Any estimate about the time to release or update to the next version?

• MidgetMan

MidgetMan Big Damn Hero

We are slowly working on Minor Bugs, I was hoping to have a full version 1.0 sometime in a few weeks once its fully compatible with MONO for mac and linux

danielee likes this.
                            • Xyphon

Xyphon Void-Bound Voyager

Hey, I noticed that the editor places duplicate entries into the save file for the professions. This may cause some lag when playing the game or straight our corruption. I was able to correct this by removing the professions in the save file, saving, and re-adding the professions.

NOTE: This happens in an older version of the editor, not sure if this has been corrected in the new version or not

Last edited: May 14, 2017
                              • danielee

danielee Master Chief

cool! new version!

• Sydeygremlins

Sydeygremlins Space Hobo

Hi, I was wondering how this works. Is it in-game or is it in some form of editor?
                                  Thanks!

• MidgetMan

MidgetMan Big Damn Hero

Its actually a totally separate program so you don't need to mod the main game.

• AutobotPrincess

AutobotPrincess Big Damn Hero

Just stopping by to thank you for this <3
                                      It's the only mod I use and I love it. Now I can fish and play with crops and not have to worry about making all that moneymoney~

• Cafekko_Shannon

Cafekko_Shannon Space Hobo

I just downloaded this mod so I could get the yellow scroll and a prismatic shard because I'm on year 3 in game and still haven't found either and I'm finally getting pissed. I normally want to work for my achievements in games or I don't feel like I actually achieved anything, but these items have me too angry. But now I'm more angry because even though I downloaded the editor and unzipped the file, the application will not run on my computer at all. I'm running Windows 10 and don't have any virus software running when I downloaded it or try to use the program but it will not run no matter what I do! Can someone please help me to figure out why the hell it won't run?? Also help in how I would gain those two items once I can actually get the editor to run would be amazing... Thanks in advance!!

• Mschol

Mschol Space Hobo

for me it crashed when starting normally, but choosing "run as administrator" (right click on the program) worked for me.

Which error message do you get?