RELEASED Stardew Valley Package Manager - v1.11 with Save Backup and XNB Image Merge 1.16

SVPM is a tool which allows Users to easily modify Stardew Valley with User created mods.

1. peroxidewren

peroxidewren Void-Bound Voyager

Hey, this might be a silly question with an obvious answer, but I was wondering if there's a way to get this working on Linux? I have Wine installed but I can't seem to get SVPM working with or without it. I'm sure it's because I'm a bit of a Linux noob and I'm doing something wrong, but I figured I'd ask since this application seems to be the best way for me to merge xnb files!

• igoutta

igoutta Void-Bound Voyager

I have a several bug with the last version of SVPM 1.15. The system (W7) put a window with the error details and let choose betwwen go on or exit. This is the debug:
      Consulte el final de este mensaje para obtener más detalles sobre cómo invocar a la depuración
      Just-In-Time (JIT) en lugar de a este cuadro de diálogo.

************** Texto de la excepción **************
      System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: No se puede encontrar una parte de la ruta de acceso 'C:\Users\GA\AppData\Roaming\StardewValley\Mods'.
      en System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
      en System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1.CommonInit()
      en System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1..ctor(String path, String originalUserPath, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption, SearchResultHandler`1 resultHandler, Boolean checkHost)
      en System.IO.Directory.GetFiles(String path, String searchPattern)
      en Stardew_Valley_Package_Manager.DirectoryEx.BuildFileDirectoryListing(List`1 input, String root, String path, String searchPattern)
      en Stardew_Valley_Package_Manager.Form1.CopyFiles(String from, String to, Boolean overwrite)
      en Stardew_Valley_Package_Manager.Form1.PatchMoveModDLLDir(String newPathUnResolved, String oldPathUnResolved)
      en Stardew_Valley_Package_Manager.Form1.SVPMStartupProc()
      en Stardew_Valley_Package_Manager.Form1.Form1_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
      en System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
      en System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
      en System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
      en System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
      en System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
      en System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
      en System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
      en System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
      en System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
      en System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
      en System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
      en System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Ensamblados cargados **************
      mscorlib
      Versión del ensamblado: 4.0.0.0
      Versión Win32: 4.6.1087.0 built by: NETFXREL4STAGE
      Código base: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
      ----------------------------------------
      Stardew Valley Package Manager
      Versión del ensamblado: 1.0.0.0
      Versión Win32: 1.0.0.0
      Código base: file:///C:/Users/GA/Documents/Games/Stardew%20Valley/Stardew%20Valley%20Package%20Manager.exe
      System.Windows.Forms
      Código base: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
      System
      Código base: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
      System.Drawing
      Código base: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
      SevenZipSharp
      Versión del ensamblado: 0.64.3890.29348
      Versión Win32: 0.64.3890.29348
      Código base: file:///C:/Users/GA/Documents/Games/Stardew%20Valley/SevenZipSharp.DLL
      System.Configuration
      Código base: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
      System.Core
      Código base: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
      System.Xml
      Código base: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
      mscorlib.resources
      Versión Win32: 4.6.1055.0 built by: NETFXREL2
      Código base: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/mscorlib.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_es_b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.resources.dll
      System.Windows.Forms.resources
      Versión Win32: 4.6.1055.0 built by: NETFXREL2
      Código base: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_es_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll

************** Depuración JIT **************
      Para habilitar la depuración Just In Time (JIT), el archivo de configuración de esta
      aplicación o equipo (machine.config) debe tener el
      valor jitDebugging establecido en la sección system.windows.forms.
      La aplicación también se debe compilar con la depuración
      habilitada

Por ejemplo:

<configuration>
      <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
      </configuration>

Cuando esté habilitada la depuración JIT, cualquier excepción no controlada
      se enviará al depurador JIT registrado en el equipo
      en lugar de controlarlo mediante el cuadro de diálogo.

• ibrokemypie

ibrokemypie Orbital Explorer

Does this support macos?

• NewSpecies

NewSpecies Industrial Terraformer

Ladysarajane likes this.
        • NewSpecies

NewSpecies Industrial Terraformer

@ibrokemypie Currently, no. But I'm thinking of just releasing the source code on GitHub. It's kind of a mess though, I originally wrote the application in a weekend and have been adding to it since. But, as long as some things are updated. I don't see a reason why it couldn't be run on OSX\Linux with Wine.

This program doesn't do anything too fancy, so as long as the dll's can be loaded, and the paths in the generated .ini file are set. It should work with Wine. I'd need someone to test that though.

If someone wants to help me with porting it, send me a PM on Reddit. I respond back a lot quicker there. (Same username)

@igoutta
          There must have been a directory change at some point, I don't exactly remember why this was made. Basically, SVPM is looking for the "mods" folder. But you likely have a "mod" folder.

Go to "%AppData%\StardewValley\SVPM", and rename folder "Mod" to "Mods".

@peroxidewren
          Message me on Reddit. If you send me images of the errors you get on Wine, I might be able to get a stable version running.

• Ladysarajane

Ladysarajane Existential Complex

@NewSpecies I have been away from Stardew Valley for awhile although I have browsed the forums, I haven't actually played. Downloaded the update 1.16 updated and all seems good with Stardew's new update. Thanks for your work on this. :)

• neonnep

neonnep Big Damn Hero

am I the only one who can't get SMAPI to work with this mod manager? if it helps I'm using the newest version of both smapi and the mod manager, it also says when I try to launch with smapi it says something like "make sure stardewvalleymodding.exe is running". its been broken for me since stardew updated with more language support.

• Ladysarajane

It has been a while since I played SDV (since May), so I haven't tried it with the newest Smapi. I hope this will continue to be compatible with Smapi 2.0 coming out. I am waiting for that to come back out rather than fighting all the mods again.

• yuukiw

yuukiw Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Are you still around?

• Ladysarajane

If you are asking about me, I hang around the forums a couple times a day.

• Meridias

Meridias Space Hobo

Ok, I'm a little confused now. been using the package manager for about a week now with no issues once I figured out how to get mods working. Today I wanted to get the steam overlay working and followed (I think) the instructions as to do that. Add the smapi.exe to steam's game list, make a shortcut to that from steam and add it to the PM settings. Now, steam overlay works but no mods are loading. This is from the console output:

and it says application has exited as soon as the game loads up. What am I missing?

nevermind, got it working.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2018