RELEASED Stardew Valley Package Manager - v1.11 with Save Backup and XNB Image Merge 1.16

SVPM is a tool which allows Users to easily modify Stardew Valley with User created mods.

1. SpringsSong

SpringsSong Cosmic Narwhal

It didn't like the \Content\Mods solution for Advize's mod:

So, I guess for now I'll just manually install the ones with custom .XNB files.

• NewSpecies

NewSpecies Industrial Terraformer

@SpringsSong Do you know if all dll mods with custom .xnb content are kept with the dll's? I just re-read the install info and missed the "or". :p So, technically all three could have been installed the same. If they're the same, I might be able to make a fix for this. It will be a troublesome one though...

• SpringsSong

Insofar as I've been able to tell, yes, these custom .xnb files are kept with the .dll files with the corresponding mods, since all of them look to \Mods\%modname% for the XNB file associated with it.

• NewSpecies

All of the things you suggested should be working now in v1.02.

• yuukiw

yuukiw Scruffy Nerf-Herder

why troublesome? Unzip the file and move the whole folder instead of just the files.

Nurio likes this.
            • NewSpecies

I was able to solve that with the recent version, pretty quickly too.
              https://www.dropbox.com/s/4snz8pis0cg69x5/Screenshot 2016-04-14 00.28.40.png?dl=0
              It wasn't as troublesome as I thought it would be. I thought it was going to be messy and I'd have to rewrite things, but it actually turned out just fine. :p

Edit: Also, that's not exactly how this program works. If every mod kept perfect folder structure, then just unzipping the file would be easy. But then any random folder structure would break it. Which is why this program does path searching on a per file basis, including dll files. That way I can make sure the files are going in to the right directories, regardless of what the zips folder structure is like.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2016
                yuukiw likes this.
              • SpringsSong

It's working wonderfully with those mods now, but I do have one question about a folder that seems to be getting added by the program, xcompress32. It has an otherwise mostly-empty manifest.json and a package.json, but SPAMI says that the DLL is empty. What is the purpose of this folder/mod?

• NewSpecies

Could you send a screenshot, or the files itself? I'm not actually sure.

• SpringsSong

Here's the folder, zipped directly from my Mods folder.

Attached Files:

• NewSpecies

So, I'm not sure why it's being added to the folder. It shouldn't, or it might be in a folder mod that was added. But on further inspection the files have to do with XNB Node.

https://github.com/Draivin/XNBNode

I'm not sure how they got in there since the program doesn't use those files.

It's likely that one of the mods contains the dll, and the program is just looking at the dll as a potential mod.

• SpringsSong

...you know, that's probably exactly how it ended up there, because I had used XNB Node to edit a few PNGs/look at some map files of some of the mods I have.

• NewSpecies

Haha.

What I can do. Is modify the search pattern when a temp manifest is generated to only identify dll's that are associated with the storm and smapi libraries. So that dll's which aren't mods won't get picked up by the program.

Edit: Okay, I added another search pattern. So, dll's that are in mods will be searched for the keywords "StardewModdingAPI", and "Storm.StardewValley" if they don't come with a manifest.json, and need to generate one. So this should prevent any dll's that aren't mods from being loaded.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2016
                            Nurio likes this.
                          • NewSpecies

Put up 1.03 with some small changes, performing an update will bring it up to the newest version.

The next future update will probably involve save files. If anyone has any suggestions for more future updates or are having any issues just leave a comment.

yuukiw likes this.
                            • Jinxiewinxie

Jinxiewinxie Farmer Fashionista

Thanks for adding support for Loved Labels (and other mods that load custom .xnb's from their individual folders in AppData\Roaming\StardewValley\Mods ^_^

NewSpecies likes this.
                              • NewSpecies

foxflowers and yuukiw like this.
                              • yuukiw

-appears on launch
                                -it also doesnt detect manually installed mods.
                                -possible bug: you can open several browser windows at once.

sugestion:

1. You could change the text of the launch button if smapi or storm are selected.

Example (smapi selected)

Launch StardewValley -> Launch SV with Smapi

2. In App seetings Window

Last edited: Apr 22, 2016
                                • NewSpecies

@Jinxiewinxie
                                  You're very welcome. :)
                                  As you can see, I wasn't all that familiar with the kind of files dll mods use. I hope those changes resolves any issues that dll mods would have.

@yuukiw
                                  - This is actually intentional. If the application exists in the steam folder and no API is selected it launches Steam.exe with an argument so that when Stardew Valley loads it gets the Steam Shell. (So they can Shift+Tab, and communicate while in-game) I could also interpret your statement as that it prints the waiting and exit before Stardew has exited. Actually, there isn't much I can do about this. When steam is loaded, it runs StardewValley.exe with the Steam shell. Steam.exe then finishes before Stardew Valley quits. So, technically it is working, but I can't use proc.WaitForExit() the same way with Steam.exe.
                                  - Yeah, it doesn't. For /content/ xnb mods, it can't because it doesn't know what's original. For DLL mods it leaves them alone instead of importing them. Importing them would be a simple process, but it would take away the freedom to manually install mods. So, I'm kind of on the fence with this. If people want to manually install, and use the package manager then far be it from me to take that away from them. :p
                                  - The browser being opened multiple times isn't really a bug, the browser being non-blocking is intentional, it won't cause any problems if the user has more then one open. Allowing it to be non-blocking makes it easier to sort, order, or launch without having to close the browser down. If you have tabs open you don't want to close yet, then it's useful.

1. Launch StardewValley could be extended with "via Steam", "via SMAPI", "via Storm" just to fill out the button. But surely this small cosmetic change isn't really necessary with the combo boxes below.
                                  2. App Settings Window?

• yuukiw

-Define launching, do you always let the programm first launch steam or did you combine the call?
                                    Do how mean like this?
                                    (Process.Start(Sfolder & "\Steam.exe", "-applaunch 413150")

-i get you thinking but they are Potential sources for conflicts, something you want to about with your laodorder.

1 yeah it's cosmetic
                                    2 as far a i understand you currently can only change setting via the ini file (?) , why not implementing it in an own window instead? This would make it easier for normal user.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G925F mit Tapatalk

• NewSpecies

- Yeah, instead of having a Process.Start for every executable that can be loaded; the call is combined.
                                      2. That might be useful for settings like where the browsers point to since those can change. Since a lot of the other settings are kind of fixed in place, and don't necessarily need to be changed. What I could do is add a bookmark function in the browser that updates the url lists. That might be better and alleviate the need for a settings window with only 2 or 3 options. :p

• SpringsSong

When mousing over the "Install Build" buttons for both Storm and SMAPI, it lists the current build as "Unknown". I know for SMAPI it should read 0.40. at least.