1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Stardew Valley Overture keep duplicate to Jukebox everytime I start SDV

Discussion in 'Support' started by Iroaseta, Aug 14, 2017.

1. Iroaseta

Iroaseta Guest

How to reproduce the bug :

1) Start SDV
    2) Go check out Jukebox and turn to the last page and it'll be a duplicate of Stardew Valley Overture despite it had been heard numerous times
    3) Save
    4) If you close SDV and start SDV again the bug will reproduce again

Methods I've tried :

1) Deleting the <string>MainTheme</string> in the save files, with one or none left, bug still occurs
    2) Mute the music for the intro and main menu interface, bug still occurs
    3) Creating a new save and see if the bug will still occur, it still occurs
    4) Remove all the mods and start a clean one, even verified game integrity, it still occurs

Some extra information :

1) I play it on Steam with Overlay turned on
    2) I use SMAPI and I use ""C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\StardewModdingAPI.exe" %command%" this quote (without quotation marks) to launch it via Steam
    3) The bug will not occur with any other music, just Stardew Valley Overture / MainTheme alone

This bug doesn't seems like a common bug, but can be found in :
    1) https://steamcommunity.com/app/413150/discussions/1/1290691937712549436/
    2) http://community.playstarbound.com/...dtrack-replacement.110785/page-3#post-2840705

• Faeryheart

Faeryheart Weight of the Sky

This has always bothered me too and it's not fixed in the beta, it's even worse. Most of the songs are Stardew Valley Overture.

• ArcboundX

ArcboundX Void-Bound Voyager

Is this bug caused by any specific mod or it happens even in unmodded games?
        I've encountered it twice so far, back in my 2016-2017 save and just recently in my current beta playthrough.
        Has anyone else encountered this bug recently?

Edit: After scouring the whole internet in vain for an answer, i tried the same that the original poster, deleting the <string>MainTheme</string> in the save files (All 4 of them, the two for the current day, and the two "old" ones for the previous day), leaving none left, and it successfully got rid of the extra SDV Overture entries in the Jukebox, however, as the original poster mentioned, a new SDV Overture entry will be created in the Jukebox at the very end of the list (Alongside the original SDV Overture) once you save & exit your game and come back, however repeating this process without deleting the existing entries again didn't create a third SDV Overture entry in the Jukebox.

My old 2016-2017 file had as much as 7 <string>MainTheme</string> clone entries, while my recent 2018 one only had two so far, which leads me to think it's an ongoing problem, and more clone entries may spawn over time under unknown circumstances, so this might need to be addressed.

As much as this method is just a temporary solution, since you'll have to routinely cleanup your save file of the extra clone string entries, it allows you to at least have some measure of control over the issue, and also allows you to transfer Jukebox lists among savefiles, maybe also modifying the order in which the Jukebox displays songs/unlocking missing songs, but this requires further testing.

Hopefully this will help someone who comes up with the same problem in the future, at least until it gets officially addressed. Cheers.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
        • Blorp

Blorp Big Damn Hero

Is the latest version still adding duplicates then?

• ArcboundX

ArcboundX Void-Bound Voyager

I can only speak for myself but i still have a duplicate entry for SDV Overture in my save, and i started it after 1.3.22's launch.
            However i haven't seen it's string go haywire and replicate ad nauseam as it used to do, only 2 string mentions of "MainTheme" so far.