Announcement Stardew Valley on PS Vita Out Now on EU & US PS Store!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by superconsole, May 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SSShakuras

SSShakuras Big Damn Hero

Three random crashes since my last post, each unrelated to the previous one.
    Starting to wonder if there's a memory leak somewhere.
    Any chance for a fix ?

• teyavatch

teyavatch Astral Cartographer

God, I hope so. I’d really like to be able to make use of a fully functional skull cavern. I mean, there are other things to do, but it’d be nice to be able to get some iridium.

• Lintton

Lintton Guest

So, given that it is cross buy on the vita and ps4. is it possible to migrate saves between the two?

Furaando likes this.
        • superconsole

superconsole Queen of Chickens Chucklefish

Hi all, the port team have been working on a new bugfix update, which is deploying right now, so should be available later today.
          Change log includes:

- Fixed crash which could occur when using the hoe in the mines
          - Fixed crash during Shane's two-heart event.
          - Fixed issue causing music to stop (and not resume) when the app is hibernated or a screenshot is taken
          - Fixed periodic crash which could occur after several hours of gameplay

As always, give or take a few hours for PS Store to update itself depending on your region!

cddiede27, teyavatch and TakaMyo like this.
          • teyavatch

teyavatch Astral Cartographer

This is great news! Any chance it addresses the repeating floors thing too, or is that for another day?

e: Nope. Still got that little bug, but at least it’s safe to dig now!

Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
            • macman_MD

macman_MD Space Hobo

I owned CD copied of stardew,so i have to buy another digital??? =\

• Rockydog

Rockydog Space Spelunker

Two patches now and the eyecolor still reverts to standard as soon as you exit the game.

Start issuing refunds, this is stealing peoples money.
                Can't think of anywhere else a company would get away with selling broken products.

• SSShakuras

SSShakuras Big Damn Hero

Any chance the next update fix this crashing mess FOR REAL ?
                  cause, you know... it's still crashing and losing progress again and again and again is getting kinda old.

• plattym3

plattym3 Aquatic Astronaut

The repeating floor thing in Skull Cavern is annoying, but ok if I get a good level.

Other than that, the only crash I've had in a month is when I just hibernate my Vita and play and rinse and repeat for a couple of days. Gotta remember to let it shut down and restart every real day or 2.

• SSShakuras

SSShakuras Big Damn Hero

And yet another crash.

It's been two patches & more than one month since release which was obviously not beta tested at all beyond "does it launch ? yes, ok, relaese it."...
                      And it's still a crashing mess with the poorest optimisation of every Vita game I ever played.
                      God do I miss the old era when there was no internet on console, and therefore when Developper did bother with PROPER beta testing....

Any chance to see this fixed before 2019 or even at all ?

• oldmanstu

oldmanstu Starship Captain

Just created this account so I can ask if there is any work being done on the repeating floors in the Skull Cavern on Vita version?

Played this a ton on PC and was hyped for Vita version. It's great but Skull cavern is boring beyond measure. Just did a run where all 27 of the floors I visited were the same tunnel with the minecart at the end and looked exactly like the normal mine floor 1-10.
                        I got ZERO Iridium nodes all run. I know from the PC version that Iridium only gets really abundant much lower down, but there is usually a node or two early on as well.
                        So far in 20 or so Skull cavern runs have gotten 28 Iridium ore. Useless.

Please just let me know it's getting worked on.

• plattym3

plattym3 Aquatic Astronaut

60 hours in and my 5th crash. Put a big bomb down in the ever-repeating Skull Cavern. It blew up my game I guess. Had just turned on the Vita too, so can't blame a long playtime on it like I have previously.

Hadn't applied the 2nd patch yet as I'm away from wifi for a month. I did son via my phone after. We'll see how it goes.

• SSShakuras

SSShakuras Big Damn Hero

Not to be THAT guy, but any official news regarding this mess yet ?

• Doctor23

Doctor23 Aquatic Astronaut

Is the secret note event on the ps vita?

• TakaMyo

TakaMyo Orbital Explorer

secret notes 1.3X ,ps vita editon 1.2.36 :)

• Doctor23

Doctor23 Aquatic Astronaut

Nice one, thanks for the reply.

• oldmanstu

Hang on, so does that mean the Vita version doesn't have it if it's only at 1.2.36 instead of 1.3?

• TakaMyo

TakaMyo Orbital Explorer

that's it ,and the 1.3 update is still in beta on pc ,the vita version is pretty like the other actual official console version i think + 2/3 crash or something :rofl:

• oldmanstu

Right, gotcha. Cheers.

• Furaando

Furaando Space Hobo

I'm interested too

Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.