1. Hey Guest! Our new game Wargroove has released! Check out the forums or wiki for more information!
    Dismiss Notice

Stardew Valley on iOS crashing

Discussion in 'Support' started by SVLover, Mar 16, 2019.

1. SVLover

SVLover Space Hobo

I searched the forums, and found some examples of others who have had issues with crashing on iOS. But the resolution used computers, which I don’t have access to. All I have is my iPad 5. So! Here’s my problem:

Game crashes as soon as I go to sleep.
    When I try to load my game from its most recent auto-save, it crashes.
    When I ignore the auto-save and reload my game, it starts over at that day’s beginning. Then the crash cycle repeats itself as soon as I sleep- and I lose an entire day’s work/progress.

Given that all I have is my iPad, and can’t use computer backup etc to try to solve this,what can I do? Love the game, but I’m stuck in a “GroundHog Day” moment here and can’t move on.

• Sugarbabylov

Sugarbabylov Space Hobo

Hello, i have the same problem since this night. I can t play anymore Stardew Valley on my iPad5. My game do not open any more :(
      I love the game, i m from France.

• willowb

willowb Space Hobo

Same bug here. On an iPad Pro 11, running 12.1.4. Game also started crashing on me last night, in a few different ways:
        * upon not loading from last save, it sometimes opens and I can play to a day but then it hangs at the black overnight screen indefinitely OR it crashes out of the game
        * on opening the app, it crashes
        * on attempting to load either of my saved games, it crashes
        I have restarted the game as well as the iPad.

Like the folk above, I do not have a computer to connect my iPad to. If hecka useful, I can connect to a friend’s computer to pull the files.

Thanks so much!

• willowb

willowb Space Hobo

Oh hey, the update that came out yesterday evening my time fixed this! Thank you.