1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Closed Stardew Valley Multiplayer: Known Issues & Fixes

Discussion in 'Support' started by Katzeus, Aug 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grimmturd

Grimmturd Cosmic Narwhal

I agree. It may seem like such a silly, small thing, but the music is one of the driving aspects of daily life within this game for me. If it's a seasonal song that I'm fond of, sometimes I'll walk off my farm and back just to get it going again or I'll intentionally pause the game to do something irl if the time is before noon in-game so I can hear the "lunchtime replay" of the song. Rainy days when not in the mines is the only drawback with no music.

• leilacrystal

leilacrystal Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I made an individual thread about this, but thought I'd put it here since mods are checking this thread for patches!

Basically, I can't get any dialogue out of Willy or Elliott unless it's in a cutscene. I can't even click on Willy, and Elliott can be clicked once but doesn't say anything. (The dialogue box never pops up, tho when I hover over him before clicking there's a little message bubble icon).

I've reinstalled the game and deleted all my mods, to no avail.

I have two different save files, and I can't talk to these characters in either of them, so unless something is wrong with both save files, I don't know what else it could be. In one save, I get a cutscene with Willy about crabs, and in the other I get a cutscene about entering Elliott's house for the first time, but I can't talk to either of them beyond those cutscenes. It might be an event trigger gone wrong, I guess, but in that case I wouldn't expect to see the cutscenes.

• wozearly

wozearly Tentacle Wrangler

Tccoxon, here's a genuine tip of the hat to you (and the team) for fixing this. It's one of those bugs which, in the grand scheme of things, really doesn't matter much. But it's minor little details like this that help make the game so indescribably charming.

• BLos

BLos Master Chief

Awesome! Thank you so much.
          As a follow-up, I noticed that the ocean is inaudible during the Dance of the Moonlight Jellies. Instead, you hear night-time bugs chirping. Is this intentional or unintentional?

• _Devil__

_Devil__ Aquatic Astronaut

I'm unable to participate in activities in Festivals that have them. Like the Stardew Valley Fair's fishing and slingshot activity. I was unable to use either the fishing rod or slingshot during either of the games. I tried quiting the game and doing it again to see if that would work. But the issue persisted. Now I just did the Ice Festival and am unable to fish at all during it. Except at one point when I tried going to one of the two fishing holes that wasn't being used and tried to fish for the fifth time. Suddenly it worked and I could fish. But by that time the event was nearing the end so I gave up even trying. So I quit and tried the event again. Hoping it would just work this time. But it did it again. Except it didn't magically fix itself and let me fish. Having to instead stand there and wait for the event to end. I have no idea what has caused this to happen. I can fish normally outside of these special events and use the slingshot normally with no issues. This is my first playthrough for this game and it's the very first year currently ingame.

• heillon

heillon Big Damn Hero

I experienced that as well and I have workaround for it.
              It lags when it's windowed borderless mode, lag disappears mostly after setting it up to full screen. Unfortunately, resolution is not saved in config and reverts to something non native for my monitor. I have to do the steps every time I fire up the game.
              1. start the game, load save
              2. set to full screen 1080p
              3. zoom in, zoom out so I can my inventory not sliding out of screen.

As for processor usage. My core 0 also has 100% load, that introduces lag. My workaround is to right click on the process, select affinity and disable/untick core 0. Then stardew vally spreads load nicely among rest of the cores.

• Huanir

Huanir Void-Bound Voyager

The issue with the "Leah's Cabin" music still playing after you leave her cabin remains in place.

• dikitty225

dikitty225 Space Hobo

Hello! I hope this post finds you folks well.

I'm posting about a bug my friends and I have encountered while playing. We are in a 3 player game with one of my friends hosting. We all participated in the cutscene involving the Wizard to get access to the community center. I completed the first springtide foraging bundle and the other bundle rooms never unlocked. The bundle is cleared on all of our "version" of the farm but we can't seem to progress. My other non-host friend said he missed a community center cutscene but I'm not sure which he is talking about? At any rate, it's not activating. Otherwise, the game seems to run smoothly and we've been having a good time. Thanks for everything!

• cooolcat

cooolcat Space Hobo

Not sure if it's a Stardew Valley issue or mod issue, but I changed my tools to be used when the "N" key is hit. Sometimes, however, this instead opens a chat bar (which is tied to other keys, not the "N" key). This has only happened in the mine, and has caused me some troubles when I try to swing the sword to kill a slime and instead wind up opening a chat bar, while the slime continues to attack me. It has also happened with the "B" key, which is the one I use for opening doors and talking to people. I have also had the escape and "E" keys not open the menu as they should have. So basically, sometimes my keyboard shortcuts just don't work right. I have the UI info suite mod beta as well, so there might be some kind of interaction. It happens intermittently too, so it's hard to describe specific times or causes when it happens.

• TheRaven81

TheRaven81 Pangalactic Porcupine

That is Magnet Bait, it's supposed to work that way. Always has.

Sapador and One More Day like this.
                      • Sleeping Fox

Sleeping Fox Void-Bound Voyager

Version 1.3.27, Steam, Single player, no mods:

I got the Master Angler achievement (Catch every fish) today, even though I was still missing three fish (Lava Eel, Legend and Blobfish). Before the update I was missing three of the old fish needed for the achievement: the Lava Eel, the Legend, and the Glacierfish. Today I caught the Glacierfish and was still missing the other two. Then I went to the Night Market, where I caught two of the new fish instead (Spook Fish and Midnight Squid), which got me the achievement.

I guess the number of different fish you need to catch for the achievement hasn't been updated after the three new fish for the Night Market were added to the game, but getting the new fish nevertheless increases the number of caught fish, so you don't have to catch the last three missing fish (whatever they are) to get the achievement.

• jawsawn

jawsawn Void-Bound Voyager

Hey a really old bug still happens in 1.3.28

If you skip the intro on the main menu the top left leaf bugs out for a second. If you don't skip it, it animates normally.

Here is the gif:

[​IMG]

I tested it with fullscreen or without fullscreen, I use 1366 x 768 resolutions if it's going to help.

• Andunelen

Andunelen Space Penguin Leader

1. Item won/bought (that the character holds over their head) will change if you click on an item in your inventory:
                            [​IMG]
                            When I bought the painting at the Night Market and clicked on the coffees in my inventory this is what happened.
                            It's just a message/display error, I don't get additional coffees or lose the painting.
                            It also happened in the Skull Caverns with the Prize Chests.

2. At the Easter Festival, this Easter Egg is still unreachable:
                            [​IMG]
                            The message window stating it's Lewis' truck prevents you from claiming the egg and it shouldn't pop-up during the Festival.

• Grimmturd

Grimmturd Cosmic Narwhal

Not sure if this is a bug or not.
                              I had set Robin up to build/upgrade a farm building one day prior to the Luau and she mentioned in her confirmation dialogue that she'd start it the day after the Luau because she takes festival days off. That's cool to see the awareness of days, much like when you go to see her on a rainy day and she says, "You're soaking wet!". I had just visited her to build the 2nd farmhouse upgrade and the Stardew Valley Fair is tomorrow, but her chat says she'll start on it tomorrow and it'll take 3 days to finish.
                              She doesn't seem to recognize every festival day and the regular build time for farmhouse upgrades is 3 days.
                              It's only a dialogue thing, I am sure it will take 4 days with her taking the festival day off.

• davoker

davoker Cosmic Narwhal

In the main page before I put version "1.3.28", now it says "1.3.27", and tccoxon put the changes of version 1.3.28 even.

Is there a problem with version 1.3.28? curiosity.

• Grimmturd

Grimmturd Cosmic Narwhal

So the upgrade finished, and then this happened the next morning.
                                  20180813050958_1.jpg
                                  [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
                                  • Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Heh, that bug is as old as this game! wait til you have children around the house and they pull these shenanigans on the walls! though to be honest, I had not seen it in so long, I figured it had been exterminated!

• Grimmturd

Grimmturd Cosmic Narwhal

Might only be a rainy day thing since the dog would normally be outside before waking up. He was outside when I left the house anyways, so at least the option to pet the dog was still available for those who hadn't gotten full friendship with their pet yet.

• margotbean

margotbean Existential Complex

In support of the Skull Cavern being way too difficult in 1.3:
                                        https://old.reddit.com/r/StardewVal...ull_caverns_is_extremely_brutal_if_youre_not/
                                        and
                                        https://old.reddit.com/r/StardewValley/comments/96er6u/how_do_you_all_not_die_to_serpents/e41h0mc/

I've also found that in SP, monsters often move through you without taking damage, even if you're swinging your sword the whole time. I understand that "miss chance" is now doubled after reaching the bottom of the mines, but this seems to happen only when the monsters are in the same tile as your character. (This is what grubs used to do before they got fixed.)

• Grimmturd

Grimmturd Cosmic Narwhal

If that's true, then that explains why my revisits to the mines have been slightly more annoying since reaching the bottom. Here I thought I was devolving as a gamer.

margotbean likes this.
                                          Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.