1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Closed Stardew Valley Multiplayer: Known Issues & Fixes

Discussion in 'Support' started by Katzeus, Aug 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. margotbean

margotbean Existential Complex

I wouldn't mind hearing more from others who've actually played the game and experienced the difference.

• Funcrunch

Funcrunch Void-Bound Voyager

Luau music is also broken for me, same as described above. Also, there is a still a typo which existed pre-beta, when speaking to the mayor a second time: He spells "governor" as "governer".
      [​IMG]

[​IMG]

• diwu13

diwu13 Space Hobo

I've found a bug: Robin is stuck upgrading a farmhands cabin! Playing version 1.3.27

1. Farmhand (lets call him A) initiated cabin upgrading from Robin
        2. Farmhand A logs off while host and Farmhands B and C continue playing.
        3. Robin does not finish Farmhand A's cabin after 3 days (since A is logged off, probably coded similarly like the blacksmith not progressing either)
        4. HOWEVER, even when Farmhand A logged back on to play for 3 more nights, Robin is still stuck "upgrading" his cabin even though it did not upgrade after 3 nights.
        5. Even an additional 2 nights did not result in Farmhand A's cabin to finish upgrading, nor are we able to do any new building with Robin (moving existing buildings are allowed, as is "upgrading" other Farmhands cabins)
        Is there a way to edit the save file to ensure she stops working on the cabin and allow for new buildings to be placed? We are kind of at a standstill because of it.

Thank you

Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
        • AlixBalica

AlixBalica Space Hobo

Hi! I've got two issues in the latest version on singleplayer:

1)The town and Luau themes are missing. And when exiting Leah's cottage the music will keep playing until you enter your farm, the secret forest, the sewers or the town, this bug has been there since pre-beta.
          2)The fishing tackle acts as if it was a piece of bait and will be consumed as such. The only way around this is restart the game and buy another fishing rod. If you simply buy another rod without restarting the game it won't work.
          [​IMG]
          [​IMG]

• tccoxon

tccoxon Procedurally Generated Programmer

Hmm... Which language modes are you both playing in? Which version of the event does she get if she plays in the English language mode?

Multiplayer through Steam/GOG requires Mac OS 10.10+. If she's on 10.9 or under, only the LAN options are available.

That's a magnet. It works like bait: https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Bait

• storcs

storcs Master Chief

During the Stardew Valley Fare, one of us (4 players) couldn't do any of the minigames which include an item (slingshot/fishing). He got into the tent and didn't got the item in hand he needed.

During the fishing game first his then mine game crashed randomly when the timer hit 0 (first time I played ~6times before the crash occured, second time ~3 times). Also the fishing game seems to be buggy as from time to time I got a fish on my hook instantly after pulling out some trash.

Here is a clip of both of the last 2 bugs happening (2nd time it crashed for me) : https://clips.twitch.tv/ObedientKawaiiEndiveCoolStoryBob

There is no crash file (neither for the game itself nor SMAPI)

Also I'm using follwing mods: Better Crafting, Community, Mod Update Menu, MTN.

In the support section of game modding in discord they told me that it's a known vanilla bug which should have been fixed.

The save file included is a couple of days after the fare.

Attached Files:

• tccoxon

Thanks for the report. I've been looking into this and I think I have reproduced your bug. The bug is that if the farmhand player disconnects before sleeping after paying Robin for an upgrade, she can sometimes forget that she's going to upgrade the cabin.
                1. You've said that "Robin is still stuck upgrading his cabin," but how are you inferring that Robin is still upgrading the cabin? Is she standing inside or near the cabin (even though she is not meant to for cabins)? Just trying to understand if there's something more to this.
                2. When you say that you're not able to do any new building with Robin, are you sure you have the resources to build? Robin is normally able to provide services to other players even while performing a cabin upgrade for a farmhand. In this case, I believe she is not performing an upgrade, so it should be business as usual.
                3. When farmhand A talks to Robin behind her counter, does he get the option to shop, upgrade or build as usual? If Robin is performing an upgrade for a farmhand, she will only provide the shop option.

diwu13 likes this.
                • LazyCatNap

LazyCatNap Void-Bound Voyager

I can't place flooring where I want because clicking the desired tile opens up the chatbox.

upload_2018-8-6_13-43-56.png

margotbean likes this.
                  • Chezzik

Chezzik Seal Broken

I've hit a multi-player bug with upgrading pick axes.

If you give your pick to Clint to upgrade, and then pick up (even for a second) your partner's pick, then when you talk to Clint, he'll say "I'm sorry, it won't be ready today."

Since I've been doing the mining while my partner has been farming, I was using my partner's pick. Day after day, Clint would refuse to give back my pick. I tried putting my partner's pick in a chest, then trying again, and I still got the same message. It took me a while to figure out how to get around the bug.

• keytars

keytars Void-Bound Voyager

Thanks, updating the MAC OS fixed it.

A possible issue though: the drop rate on tree seeds seems severely nerfed? In a new file made today I(the host) wasn't able to get any tree seeds, while my farmhands were but said they were still very scarce.

• arkminecraft

arkminecraft Guest

I think I have a solution?
                        Go into your options.
                        Go down until you see the keybinds. See "Check/Do Action, Right-Click"? Set that to whatever available key you want. I guess you can use that to place the last remaining tiles.

• margotbean

margotbean Existential Complex

On Winter 15, Shane's supposed to go to the night market, based on his schedule file. But he doesn't, he seems to get stuck in front of the microwave inside Marnie's kitchen, because Marnie shows up and stands behind him. Marnie can't be interacted with at all.
                          NightMarketShane.jpg

Attached Files:

Sapador likes this.
                          • chubbygamergirl

chubbygamergirl Void-Bound Voyager

Hello everyone. I was playing in single player mode and noticed my two junimo huts aren't harvesting my crops at all. They're out and about like they are, but none of my crops have been harvested.

• Dirly

Dirly Aquatic Astronaut

New
                              I can not play the multiplayer in any way. I've tried a thousand and one ways to fix it that exist on the internet, but nothing revolved. All updated, Steam platform, Windows 10. In the multiplayer in-game settings only appear online and offline, and I can only invite someone when she is with the game closed and still the error that I am not on any server. Please, help!

Attached Files:

• OnlyMarvellous

OnlyMarvellous Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I've come across a few sound bugs that have been mentioned in this thread already, but I'll mention them again.

1. Pelican Town theme music doesn't play at all. I first noticed it when seasonal music ceased completely whenever I entered Pierre's store, but no music would play after that as it has in the past.

2. Luau music doesn't play at all. I entered the beach while the season music was playing, and then it cut out and left silence on the beach. I restarted the day and got the same result. I did it once more, this time waiting until the season music had ended before entering the beach, and then the seasonal music started playing again instead of the Luau music once I arrived.

3. The music that plays in Leah's cabin did not stop upon leaving it, and it also prevented music from playing during Emily's two-heart cutscene when I entered her house while Leah's music was playing. Reloading the day and entering Emily's house while the seasonal music was playing allowed Emily's music to play, so I believe it failed the first time because of Leah's music.

EDIT: I should also note that I'm not playing multiplayer. These occurred during a single-player game.

Huanir likes this.
                                • tccoxon

I can't reproduce this in v1.3.27. Actually, I fixed an issue very much like your description and screenshot in v1.3.24... Are you sure this is still present?

• ricardo.klever

ricardo.klever Space Hobo

• diwu13

diwu13 Space Hobo

Thanks for replying. I thought that might be the case. To answer your questions:
                                    1. When Farmhand's cabins are being upgraded Robin stands in her house, but when you talk to her, the option to build new farm buildings is "greyed" out. You can purchase supplies and move buildings around, but the add new buildings options is not there until she finishes upgrading the Farmhand's cabin. I found that this was always the case even in the Beta.
                                    2. I just went back to Robin with the required resources and it seems a new load of the game allowed me to build buildings now. I believe what you said is correct and that she "forgot" about the cabin being upgraded. However, the gold was still deducted from our total.
                                    3. When Farmhand A goes to talk to Robin she says she will go and upgrade his house to the 2nd tier (and not 3rd). So she definitely forgot she was upgrading it
                                    We are pretty sure that Farmhand A slept one night before quitting, since that is the only time the game saves onto the host's machine? He didn't play any more nights after the save completed though.

Regardless, thank you for figuring out what happened. We were afraid that Robin would be stuck in limbo forever! Not as serious of a bug as we originally thought!

• kyle788

kyle788 Big Damn Hero

Bug Report: In multiplayer, other player's interactions to crops/grass/bushes when passing through them is not displayed on other clients. Usually crops/grass/bushes bob back and forth when you run through them but it is not displayed when other characters do so. Additionally, when other characters chop down trees it will move back and forth upon axe impact but this also is not shown in other clients (plus some foliage scraps being knocked down is also not shown).

• SalmonberrySauce

SalmonberrySauce Void-Bound Voyager

Multiplayer Bug Report: My partner and I are unable to play co-op together, since neither of our games are showing the "Invite Code" button on the Co-op menu, and there's apparently no option in Steam to send invites or join each other's games. We've both tried: uninstalling/reinstalling the Microsoft VC Redistributable, disabling all addons/SMAPI, opening ports, adding exceptions to our anti-viruses and firewalls, disabling AV/firewalls temporarily, and setting our Steam accounts to public.

The added frustration is, we were able to play together when I was visiting and we were on the same network. Now that I've returned home, neither of our games has the options to launch co-op play. Anyone have any advice?

Edit: We're both running Win 10 Home 64-bit. One fresh install, one upgraded from Win 7.

Thread Status:
                                        Not open for further replies.