1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Closed Stardew Valley Multiplayer: Known Issues & Fixes

Discussion in 'Support' started by Katzeus, Aug 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. longlashedlady

longlashedlady Aquatic Astronaut

Hi! I don't know if this is something you've heard of recently, but for some reason when I updated the game to the beta version my Galaxy Sword disappeared? Super huge bummer, given how rare the Prismatic Shard is. Any ideas as to why?

• Sigilmancy

Sigilmancy Void-Bound Voyager

I can't seem to build farm buildings at all in co-op mode. When I go to Robin's and click 'construct farm buildings' the chat bubble vanishes and then reappears and nothing else happens. Same thing happens when my friend tries to do the same.

I tried loading the game in singleplayer instead of co-op, but the same issue happens and it's persisted after closing and restarting the game. Frustrating, as obviously we need to make coops, barns and other things in order to make any decent progression in the game ):

• HerraAntti

HerraAntti Master Chief

Hello, In our 4-player multiplayer game we went into the Stardew Valley Fair -event in Fall and as a host I was unable to do the fishing and darts minigame. In both any key did not work at all and I was forced to just stand in place.
        This is a quite new save in year 1.

Attached the save files in this post.

Edit: After continuing the event for a while as I waited my friends to finish the event getting the starfruit which I was not able to get we appraised our 9 items and I was actually pretty lucky doubling my tokens with fortune wheel to 2k but before we left the event area the game did crash for me.

After a reload of the same save I was able to do these minigames properly. So now Im pretty confused what was wrong on the first try.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 4, 2018
        • DragonOmnus

DragonOmnus Void-Bound Voyager

DxDiag attached.
          You are correct, saying only "cores being used" doesn't provide much useful info. However, I provided MUCH more info in my 1st several posts on the problem. They were all completely ignored by you people. Why would I waste my time retyping all of it if you people repeatedly ignored it? Which is why I simply stated the problem still exists but didn't waste my time typing extra info which you would probably ignore based on your past behavior. Don't criticize me because you people aren't doing your jobs correctly and only just began to listen to my reports on the problem. However....

I noticed the problem due to a massive drop in game speed. FPS would drop to around 3-5 FPS & everything in-game became much slower. I did a little checking & found SV is maxing CPU core 0 at 100% usage every time the game becomes slow. This problem didn't exist prior to the multiplayer beta but has been in every version of the 1.3.X software I tested, since somewhere around beta 1.3.8. I didn't test earlier versions of the 1.3.X betas so I can't say if it existed prior to that. All this info was included in my initial posts on the problem. Antivirus is set to ignore the entire directory so it isn't a factor. I do not run any mods so they aren't a factor.

Attached Files:

• Koihime Nakamura

Koihime Nakamura Ketchup Robot

Bluntly: One persons's unverified report is.. just that. Secondly, even if you are observing it, I can't replicate it, and I tried. So... you'll have to understand why we're looking for why your computer is doing the thing that only a few others are, and it could be something like, I dunno, a program that *purposely* does that. Which we'd need information from you to rule that out.

The | Suit likes this.
            • pajrc1234

pajrc1234 Poptop Tamer

Hi!
              It is currently winter of year 2, and I have not been able to get the magnifying glass from the quest, or even start the quest.
              I have walked into the bus stop yes from the farm yes while walking and yes in 1.3 (PC)
              I looked it up and the only thing I found was to change the language for a day (for some reason), that didn't work.
              I'm using a few mods:
              1. More Than Necessary and Community (with community map). I really hope this one isn't the problem because then I would have to entirely restart the game, and I don't want to do that
              2. CJB Item Spawner and Cheat Thingy (which I don't actually use)
              3. Tractor Mod. I'm pretty sure I can disable this for a little with no problem, but I haven't tried it yet.
              4. UI Info Suite
              5. SMAPI, which lets me run all these.
              Below are my saves, @Pathoschild told me on the discord to say this on here and put my files on it.

Attached Files:

• One More Day

One More Day Cosmic Narwhal

For once I'm running a new farm past the end of spring..... I just got Linus to 3 hearts and was expecting to receive the recipe for sashimi, which I would use to make lots of delicious money, but instead I got the recipe Fish Taco, which is supposed to be for his 7 heart event

margotbean likes this.
                • margotbean

margotbean Existential Complex

Run the game without mods. I was able to trigger the cutscene in singleplayer and multiplayer when not running through SMAPI. It's a good idea to always try the game without mods before reporting a bug, that way you can post to the mods forum if a mod is broken.

• pajrc1234

pajrc1234 Poptop Tamer

Okay so I ran the game without mods and it worked.
                    BUT
                    my map is modded--all the items on it are in weird places relevant to the map because the map's different. When I go back to the modded map, will I still have my farm?
                    EDIT: It saved a bit of the map, but not all of it. The greenhouse is still the same (as expected), but one of my chests is floating above the pond and some platforms nearby and all the other stuff is going right, off of the farm map. Farmhouse is also the same, which is also expected.
                    EDIT 2: nvm actually, i'm going to risk it pretty much lol.
                    EDIT 3: It worked, but it did get rid of my winter seeds. Oh well, thanks for the solution though! Way more worth those foragables I can still gather!

Last edited: Sep 4, 2018
                    • Prajdo

Prajdo Scruffy Nerf-Herder

[​IMG]
                      1. I know this was posted already but i hate this bug so much and can't wait for it to be fixed.

[​IMG]
                      2. That was cactus fruit seed earlier.

[​IMG]
                      3. This one is also so annoying. Can't wait for it to be fixed.

sirsilica likes this.
                      • CH-Domi

CH-Domi Space Hobo

I found the answer:
                        „You have to scroll down with the item selected, deselect it, and then select it again. The inventory should then move accordingly.“

• davoker

davoker Cosmic Narwhal

https://community.playstarbound.com/threads/the-magical-thread-of-slimy-awesomeness.127962/

I do not know if it's normal or something done on purpose as something funny in the game, but it's something that has been known for a long time, act as NPCs and greet other NPCs xD

PS: If by my outside, I would remove that from the game, the slimes do not speak, not with humans at least xD

• One More Day

One More Day Cosmic Narwhal

Further to this, I also got the bean hotpot recipe from Clint at 3 hearts, it's also supposed to be a 7 heart recipe.

And I also got the rhubarb pie recipe from Marnie at 3 hearts, which is also a 7 heart recipe.

Even more curiously, in all three cases I also got the correct 3 heart recipes from Linus, Clint and Marnie, ie sashimi, algae soup and pale broth respectively, the day after getting the wrong one

There's definitely something not quite right there. I went through and checked what else I had along these lines, and everything else seems ok at the moment, but I'm not a big one for gifting in the first year, so I don't have everyone at 3 hearts yet and there might be more

• davoker

davoker Cosmic Narwhal

I do not understand how the game can have so many bugs at this point, every day there are bugs, in multi and in single player.

Then people report errors but no one gives the .log file, which is a requirement to be able to see where the error comes from, no capture or .log file or save file, they are necessary things to solve these errors.

There are people who have errors and there are others who do not, I can only imagine that most people are using savedatas of games before 1.3, or savedatas of games from previous versions that still contain errors.

It is also likely that there are people with games "pirates", the errors of games of dubious origin are not reliable...

• Koihime Nakamura

Koihime Nakamura Ketchup Robot

Eisenbugs are eisen. More broadly, a .log file wouldn't actually mean much for some of these errors. Also, a lot of these errors are probably from post 1.3 saves.

sirsilica likes this.
                                • davoker

davoker Cosmic Narwhal

I suppose that people who play with a new game in the latest version of the game and "have no errors", do not post here because they have no reason to do so, if there are no errors in their game they have nothing to say here.

I would like to know if someone is playing the game and already has an advanced game and has not had any errors (at least in single player), I am not playing the game since it was updated to version 1.3 because I did not want to find bugs that spoil me the departure hehe

• foxingworth

foxingworth Master Chief

Hi, got quite a few crashes when playing for the first time since in a month or so. Playing LAN multiplayer, both clients on 1.3.29, one on GoG and one on Steam. Made it through a few days without crashing at all but a few late in the day put a damper on things.

One crash appeared to be caused by exploding a bomb in the quarry, but the others seemed fairly random, just doing things like fishing or exploring the mines.

Edit: Also I've been meaning to mention, the farmhand in our co-op game can't place new museum items on the furthest south shelves (east or west side) in the library, so I have to give any new items we find to the host to donate. This isn't a new issue but I'm reminded of it every time I find a new artifact.

And a final issue is that there used to be an problem a while ago with the farmhand losing progress in certain scenarios when crashing and rejoining a multiplayer game. Apparently this happened many patches ago in our game on the day the farmhand should have learned the furnace crafting recipe and to this day they still can't craft it. I don't expect a future patch to address our bogus saved game if the actual cause has already been addressed but figured I'd finally report it.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 9, 2018
                                      abajour likes this.
                                    • sharonsz

sharonsz Intergalactic Tourist

I'm having this same problem. I'm running 1.3.29.125537 on GOG, no mods, and I tried reinstalling visual C++, disabling my firewall, reinstalled the game--I even ran the verification through GOG after reinstalling. Nothing's working. As a result, I'm unable to play multiplayer at all, since I'm trying to crossplay, even though it worked completely fine before this most recent update.

I checked my wifi, which seems to be running fine (12 ping, 40 down, 12 up at the time), and tried running it through my phone's hotspot, too. The buttons just don't show up for me at all, similar to what people were saying in this thread.

• abajour

abajour Yeah, You!

I got very similar issues in my game.
                                        *Fishing crash the game sometimes.
                                        *Reorganizing the backpack or the chests also can crash the game.
                                        If one of the players is playing with an Xbox controller and this player changes the page of the backpack, it crashes the game.
                                        *The bombs or cherry bombs crashes the game.
                                        And we also think that if the host player goes to bad and the other players take to long (like more than 2 minutes) it crashes the game as well.

Those items with * are absolutely sure that happens because of those things, the others we got the game crashed sometime because of them but we didn't decide to really test if is it or was something else.

• MrSose

MrSose Space Hobo

Thread Status:
                                        Not open for further replies.