1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Closed Stardew Valley Multiplayer: Known Issues & Fixes

Discussion in 'Support' started by Katzeus, Aug 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. margotbean

margotbean Existential Complex

Aye, that makes sense. Alas, I was playing quite late at night, and experienced a silent tree somewhere in the valley (outside the desert) when I thought it made noise in v1.2. It must have been a pine tree on the farm in winter, but this morning I can't say for sure. Blargh. :p

• spacedoggity

spacedoggity Void-Bound Voyager

Festival of Ice is broken for me - I'm not being provided a fishing rod, so I can't actually participate in the fishing tournament. I can walk around and interacts with characters, but when I click on any of the fishing holes nothing happens.

Edit: Tested the festival again, and this time I also got the wrong music for the festival - the Winter Star theme was playing instead.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2018
        margotbean likes this.
      • margotbean

margotbean Existential Complex

I'm seeing a lot of Shadow Brutes increased speed upon first entering a mine level. I've taken care NOT to reach the bottom of the mines, to avoid the increased monster difficulty, yet the Shadow Brutes still seem to have it. They move super-fast until hitting an obstacle (like a rock), and then they slow down to normal speed. I've also seen Shadow Shaman do this.

Edit: +1 for the wrong music at the Festival of Ice.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2018
        • spacedoggity

spacedoggity Void-Bound Voyager

I've noticed this happening in my game, too!

margotbean likes this.
          • Andunelen

Andunelen Space Penguin Leader

Got the pop-up message that a "Train is passing through" while I was at the Bus stop. I used the mine carts to reach the mountain and ran to the station (had a coffee boost for speed). I'm certain it took me less than 20 in game minutes to get there, but when I reached the station no trained passed. I didn't even get a glimpse of the last cart or anything. It's happened before but I wasn't sure then, paid extra attention now. I'm thinking maybe using the mine carts is causing the glitch?

• Desmond0815

Desmond0815 Orbital Explorer

The Brown Bar right of the Bridge should be Willy maybe doing some fishing.

saw him coming from Town, turning left and becoming a brown Bar.

Attached Files:

• Grimmturd

Grimmturd Cosmic Narwhal

I also had this similar circumstance, although it wasn't while I was using a minecart. I was outside Robin's Carpenter Shop when the message popped up, then I went inside to purchase some wood/stone and new barn building. The entire transaction took maybe 10min game time, due to game being paused for most of it, but probably about 2 minutes real time since I was slightly hesitant about where to place the actual barn of a few locations. Since I was in the area, I was fully intending to witness the train passing by just out of curiosity as to which train cars I'd see. There was no train or debris from a train when I went there. I assume the animation may run on a timer that is separate from that of the game time itself. I've noticed that since playing the game again during the last month of multiplayer beta until now, all the trains I have witnessed don't seem to drop much, if any at all, debris like I remember them doing. Was in Calico Desert and got the notification that a train was passing through Stardew Valley, which seemed kinda silly since I was, in theory, nowhere near it.

Separate issue altogether, although I'm not sure if it's a bug or a double-edged exploit. I've used the "exploit" for honey of purposefully not collecting "wild honey" a day prior to the nearby flowers reaching full bloom since they will become that version of honey once they do reach maturity. I noticed today, however, that upon returning to my farm at 1am on the eve of Winter, my honey farm was ready to harvest so I grabbed it all up in a haste to get indoors before 2am. I was also scooping up all the remaining Fairy Roses while doing so, but actually missed 2 honey houses until after I grabbed all the flowers, resulting in the last 2 honey collected being "wild".
                Again, not sure if this is a bug or an unintended exploit.

Andunelen likes this.
                • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

The HoeDirt.dayUpdate method doesn't account for the new IsGreenhouse property, though other code does. Can you change it from this:
                  Code:
                  if (environment.isOutdoors && Game1.currentSeason == "winter" && (this.crop != null && !this.crop.isWildSeedCrop()))
                    this.destroyCrop(tileLocation, false, environment);

To this?
                  Code:
                  if (environment.isOutdoors && !environment.IsGreenhouse && Game1.currentSeason == "winter" && (this.crop != null && !this.crop.isWildSeedCrop()))
                    this.destroyCrop(tileLocation, false, environment);

• Sleeping Fox

Sleeping Fox Void-Bound Voyager

Version 1.3.28, Steam, Single player, no mods:

1.) My game crashed after Year 2 because Grandpa forgot to visit me. I went to bed on the 28th of Winter in Year 2, got the shipping screen and then instead of getting Grandpa's evaluation, I woke up in my bed but wasn't able to move or open the menu, and the date/money display and the backpack display were missing (like in screenshot mode). I had to force shut-down the game. Luckily, the game started with Grandpa's evaluation (four candles + Statue) when I restarted, so everything was alright. I have no idea what caused Grandpa to not appear and crash the game the first time. Has this happened to anyone else?

2.) My animals aren't always able to find their way back to the barn at night when I am working on my farm. I found two pigs and a goat still outside at 6:30 pm and watched the poor things go back and forth the same path for hours like they were trapped in an endless loop. They always walked a straight line until they reached an obstacle (fence/barn), then turned around and walked back the same straight line until they reached the fence/barn and turned around again, but they were unable to go in any other direction (the pig on the left could only move left and right, the pig and goat on the right could only go up and down). At 10 pm, I finally put them out of their misery by entering and leaving the stable, which reset the farm map and put them in their stables. I guess this is similar to the spouse and kids being buggy when I stay in the farmhouse when daytime changes to nighttime.
                    animals.png

margotbean likes this.
                    • whiteboyslim

whiteboyslim Big Damn Hero

Hello,

I'm having some trouble with the Stardew Valley Multiplayer on a farm I run with two other guys. At the end of the night when all three players go to sleep one player almost always loses connection. It's always the same player and it's always when we get the end of day report. His game doesn't crash so I don't think there are any crash reports to upload, he just gets kicked out to the main title screen. He can immediately rejoin as soon as we start the next day but it's pretty annoying, as you can probably imagine.
                      There are some nights he doesn't get dropped but we can't figure out any particular pattern to when he keeps connection and when he loses connection. It's not the time we go to sleep or in what order the players go to bed (tried both).
                      All three of us play the steam version. I'm the host and the player who gets dropped is one of the farmhands.
                      Is this is a known issue? I couldn't find this particular bug anywhere on the forums.

• Andunelen

You know that makes sense. One time I was super close to the Station when I got the popup message, but as I entered the Station Harvey's 10-Heart Event kicked in. The whole cut scene froze and I was trapped there, but I could hear the train sounds/passing. So that has to be it, the Train doesn't pause with the game does.

I've had that same problem before, try waiting for them inside the barn. It takes a bit of time but one by one they'll appear inside.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2018
                        • khasya

khasya Space Hobo

Hey all!
                          I just faced a weird thing in Switch Version: when you are in the library and want to place a present, you can’t place anything on the lowest table as your “bag” windows covers the library’s table

CH-Domi likes this.
                          • abajour

abajour Yeah, You!

Version 1.3.29, Steam, Multiplayer, no mods
                            Around 10 AM when we get the chicken eggs and the second player gets the milk from the cow, the game crash, but it doesn't happen all the times.
                            ErrorLogs and Saves as an attachment.

Attached Files:

• CH-Domi

CH-Domi Space Hobo

I have the same problem.

• SFur

SFur Aquatic Astronaut

While playing multiplayer I was in the mines and after I mined a ruby node the thing dropped 4 rubies. We both had the geologist profession and happened to mine the ore at the same time. There are 3 possibilities; 1 two nodes spawned on top of each other. 2 we both mined it at the same time, ala the two captains one spray Pikmin glitch, 3 the geologist profession stacks between players? The last one is very unlikely.

Similar in pc as well

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2018
                                • TheNewSon

TheNewSon Space Hobo

Hello everyone! I'm new here so I'm a bit lost... Are we supposed to report non-multiplayer bugs for "v1.3.29 beta" here? I'm asking because I was redirected here from wiki, but title implies that this thread is meant for multiplayer bug reporting. Can someone please enlighten me? Thanks in advance!

(PS: I already reported a bug here and I have a new one to report, but I'm not sure whether I should report it here or create a new thread for that.)

• Koihime Nakamura

Koihime Nakamura Ketchup Robot

Feel free to report bugs in this thread. SP bugs should probably also be reported here.

TheNewSon likes this.
                                    • sirsilica

sirsilica Void-Bound Voyager

You can get around it by scrolling down first before selecting the item you want to put in. For switch, you might have to also turn on smart cursor or whatever it's called in settings. I don't have a switch, but I faintly recall someone mentioning that before on reddit.

Edit: Unrelated to the above, but I saw this in the description of a mod that supposedly fixes the artifact system so I figured I would post it here.

"The biggest bug is in the primary table. For these eleven artifacts: { Prehistoric Scapula, Prehistoric Tibia, Prehistoric Skull, Skeletal Hand, Prehistoric Rib, Prehistoric Vertebra, Skeletal Tail, Nautilus Fossil, Amphibian Fossil, Palm Fossil, Trilobite }, the list of drop chances is written on the wrong line, so the game doesn't read it! This renders the eleven artifacts unobtainable from the primary table. Eight of the items are written in the secondary table, so they can be obtained from artifact dig spots. The remaining three: Skeletal Tail, Nautilus Fossil and Amphibian Fossil are completely unobtainable from artifact dig spots! You can only find them through the mines or fishing chests.
                                      This is the main bug this mod patches."

Last edited: Sep 1, 2018
                                      • TheNewSon

TheNewSon Space Hobo

Koihime Nakamura,
                                        Thank you for kindly answering my question! Ok then, here goes nothing:

- Weather forecast channel: It's failed a few times. First time, it said next day (Spring 4th) would be rainy, but it was sunny. I thought it was a rare ocurrence, but I started a new game (again) and it failed twice in a row: next day was supposed to be sunny, but it was rainy, and then the next day after that was supposed to be rainy, but it was sunny. For these last two occurrences, I don't recall exactly when they happened, but it was still the first Spring week. To me, it happens on both "v1.3.28" and "v1.3.29 beta". (I reported this bug earlier here.)

- Cherry bomb crash: Cherry bombs are making the game crash during the flash effect (when the bomb explodes). It happened twice to me when I was inside the mine, on different floors. I can't say if this is only happening with cherry bombs, since I still don't have the other bombs to test further, but this topic suggests that any bomb is making the game crash when it explodes. To me, it happens only in "v1.3.29 beta".

- Dialogue repeats:
                                        Usually, when an NPC has nothing more to say, players can't click them anymore (or at least the dialogue icon doesn't show up anymore), but sometimes a few NPCs seem to repeat the same dialogue over and over, until I meet and talk to them somewhere else. This seems to happen quite often with Gus when he is inside the Stardrop Saloon, while when he is talked to somewhere else, his dialogues seem to work normally. I noticed this "problem" since the very first time I played "Stardew Valley", but I'm not sure if this is a bug or if it's intended to work like this indeed.

- No introduction:
                                        I've never been able to trigger the introduction dialogues from Jas, Penny or Shane, if there is any. I don't know if there are conditions or exceptions to trigger their introduction dialogues, or if there's a bug preventing that, but I think it's worth a check after higher priority bugs are dealt with.

• Andunelen

I placed a slime incubator at the Bus Stop and right now a green Slime had a speech bubble saying "Good morning, Pam!" as Pam was walking to the bus.

I died laughing, is this normal?

EDIT: Finally got a pic
                                          [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 4, 2018
                                          Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.