1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Stardew Valley Multiplayer Beta: Known Issues & Fixes

Discussion in 'Support' started by Katzeus, Apr 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. therealmeridah

therealmeridah Space Hobo

Hi, thank you for your response. I have never done any modding, I think there was simply an error with my download. Doing the "verify game integrity" via Steam revealed some files which were either missing or broken.
    Thanks again!

Katzeus likes this.
    • RBRC

RBRC Space Hobo

Checked the list and didn't see these:
      Game sometimes crashes when you speak to Jodi in the general store, had it happen a couple times.
      Game crashed when (as the joining farmer) I repaired the bridge on the beach.
      Again, while playing on a hosted farm, Community Center Bundles doesn't allow me to look at any of the others outside of the initial Foraging Bundles and show them as incomplete, despite having completed several. Forgot to grab screenshots and can't now since that person isn't online currently.
      Dunno if its worth mentioning but I've had the game crash two different times during/on the day of purchasing a backpack upgrade, again as a non-hosting player, and when that happens I've lost both 2k gold and the upgrade. Was talking to Sam? Maybe Penny out in town.

Fishing also is having some strange shenanigans going on, hosting player was nowhere near me and suddenly appeared catching their fish. fish1.png

And I don't even know whats going on here, to be honest. fish2.png

• TheFacelessOne

TheFacelessOne Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I've got this crash when loading the co-op or solo save - Just started summer, a few days in.

Attached Files:

• bluumberry

bluumberry Void-Bound Voyager

There's a few option buttons missing at Robin's. They were there when I played yesterday.

https://imgur.com/a/w5hERGj

I don't know if it affects anything but I was hosting and my farmhand was on the farm during this.
          [​IMG]

Last edited: May 2, 2018
          • Frxstbyte

Frxstbyte Aquatic Astronaut

My friend was hosting and I asked Clint to make me a Copper Axe. I picked it up, put it in our chest so my friend could use it, and accidentally disconnected. When I reconnected, I went to Clint so he could open a geode for me and he gave me another Copper Axe.

Also, if Player 1 gives something to the museum, Player 2 will only be able to read it’s description inside of the museum. Otherwise P2 will get the message “Gunther can tell you more...”.

Last edited: May 2, 2018
            • Phritz

Phritz Space Hobo

I had an (small) issue with an item. When I picked up a stone and a geode at the same time (it was the first geode in this save), I got the "found new item/artifact" animation and sound, but with the stone instead of the geode. The text also said "You found a stone".

• Letty86

Letty86 Space Hobo

Hello, a friend of mine has the problem that in the beta in the multiplayer only the option ' Join LAN session ', the other options that you can host or so, are not there. What can we do?

• Tamsin

Tamsin Void-Bound Voyager

More info on 'framerate drop in evening' bug:
                  I am playing single-player, not co-op. I've been experiencing the framerate drop when entering my farm via any entrance at night.

I read here that removing the recycling machine may help, so I trashed my recycling machine. It DID help. I am now able to enter my farm at night using any entrance.

The framerate 'jitters' just very slightly, but I can basically move around normally.

• FakeSama

FakeSama Aquatic Astronaut

a bug that is happening a lot with me and my friend is that of swimming the chest is empty, sometimes even the chest itself some

• Tamsin

Tamsin Void-Bound Voyager

I often experienced this bug before the multi-player beta was released - not posting this to give you a hard time; I just want to clarify the info for the developers!

Phritz likes this.
                      • Something Fawful

Something Fawful Seal Broken

Still happened. Waited on title screen for several minutes. I also tried running steam in Konsole so I could see the stdout. The result (with Windows EOL for your convenience) is attached. You'll notice my original error I posted a yesterday occurs on line 483. If you look at MysticTempest's post you can see what the output is supposed to be. I've quoted it for convenience.

Also notable differences between our settings include the fact that he's on 16.04 and I'm on 17.10.

Attached Files:

Katzeus likes this.
                        • Smorelover

Smorelover Space Hobo

Was in the cave and friend went into store, there was a cut scene and when I skipped it it teleported me to the store with her when I was previously in the cave

• tronhammer

tronhammer Space Hobo

• Radakiel

Radakiel Intergalactic Tourist

I've had three bugs so far, playing during a livestream yesterday
                            > Bin under Jodi's house sometimes bugs. I can enter Pelican Town and harvest item from it. Then I can leave PT, go back and harvest item again
                            > I was in the mines and got sap from a barrel. It had sap in it. When I took sap my player showed it above his head like if it was a book
                            > When Vincent saw me going through trash (while exploiting bug 1, maybe that's the reason) the game crashed. Can't attach save, because I'm not host and save is probably deleted, but I've got log

EDIT: Actually four. I also got a Wood Club from a barrel (I think) and it got stuck in a wall in the mines. I Couldn't collect it at all.

Attached Files:

• Gehstuhl

Gehstuhl Space Hobo

-Me and my Friends got a bug that if someone gets knocked out and we are trying to sleep, the game turns black and stays like that, we can hear the music playin but nothing happens and it stays black

-The Fridge sometimes gets empty without anyone taking something out of it

-Some Donations to the museum dissapeared for no reason

-Sound bugs: for example i can hear my friend cutting grass.

-I dont know about this one but shouldnt it stop the time if someone has a Cut scene? For example my friend trys to date Abi and she has a cut scene late at night so he had the cut scene and the time ran normally so he got knocked out cuz he couldnt get to bed quick enough

- Okey we got another bug and this is just not nice, as soon as Jason joins my Server my game crashes but this is just with his char which he created with me together on a new farm. If he creates now a new char and joins the game doesnt crash and we can play, but we dont want to start all over again please help :/

Last edited: May 3, 2018
                              • Rojonite

Rojonite Space Hobo

I have The Lan only bug, and i bought The game about two years ago. Muito friends who bought The game recently didn't had That bug.

• Radakiel

Radakiel Intergalactic Tourist

In the first post there's an update and it's written, that these options were temporarily removed due to bugs, so when these bugs are fixed, moving and removing building will be brought back

• hwcxx

hwcxx Intergalactic Tourist

Having troubles going to sleep/saving, having to get out and back into bed for it to work. If the player doesn't go to sleep before 2am the game freezes and gives me the spinning loading wheel of death and making me force quit the game!
                                    Also having difficulty going into town and gives my friend a black screen for a few minutes when going by the bus station.

• ShadowCatMewMew

ShadowCatMewMew Space Hobo

I keep getting a no items for sale message every other time I go see the travelling merchant.

• VerMon

VerMon Space Hobo

CPU: Intel Core i5-2310 2.90 Ghz
                                        GPU: Intel HD Graphics 2000

RAM: 12GB
                                        :nuruflirt::nuruflirt::nuruflirt:

Thread Status:
                                        Not open for further replies.