1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Stardew Valley Multiplayer Beta: Known Issues & Fixes

Discussion in 'Support' started by Katzeus, Apr 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theoriginalkea

theoriginalkea Orbital Explorer

I've encountered a bug that won't let me go to the flower dance. Before 9am it won't let me go to the forest because they're "setting up", but after 9am I go and there's no dance. The villagers are walking around doing their thing but every building is locked. I've tried restarting the game a few times and loading without any mods

• Katzeus

Katzeus Chucklefisherman Chucklefish

Yup, this fix should resolve your issue. Please report if it's still happening

• Neverisme

Neverisme Space Spelunker

Installing visual c++ redistributable 2013 worked for me, however i did reinstall the game after I downloaded that for good measures.

• bpanne

bpanne Aquatic Astronaut

That fixed it for me!!

• Togepeep

Togepeep Void-Bound Voyager

Reporting some bugs this caused in singleplayer mode for me (Year 4)

-Candles have been snuffed at Grandpa’s shrine
            -Unable to change wallpapers in the house
            -Game resolution seems to reset every time start/turn off the game

I have encountered some other bugs in multiplayer but I will report on them later once I play today with my friends (I don't know if today's patch fixed anything or not)

• sikarevelle

sikarevelle Void-Bound Voyager

Nothing popped up when I tried to search for this, and the few pages I looked through didn't mention it, so hopefully not reposts.

When playing Prairie King in co-op, time doesn't stop even if all players are playing. There's no way to see the time while you're playing.
              Which leads to: both players fainting from gaming in a bar too late, and Prairie King music going on loop until you restart the game (since Prairie King didn't close naturally).

When opening the Community Center Cutscene at close to the same time: second player who enters will have the footstep sound on loop. (This was kinda funny, since he had normal music, Prairie King music, and looping footsteps all at once.)

Player, not Host: Uses scythe, will hit invisible (?) grass that gives fiber and wild seeds

• OSvan

OSvan Space Hobo

Hello,

After a game crash, one of my members who are joining my farm do not have the furnace blueprint, nor can they trigger the cut scene for it again.

• Something Fawful

Something Fawful Seal Broken

I would, but uh, I'm running Linux. That's a windows program. I'd need the Linux equivalent of the missing dependency.

Also thank you for also being someone who is willing to look in and try and give a useful bug report. Not going to lie, as someone who has worked in QA before, some of the bug reports people have offered here bother me with there lack of detail. Maybe that's why I posted like 6 messages.

• WithOutGender

WithOutGender Aquatic Astronaut

Hi, I'm using Google translator! Playing with a friend I noticed that you can build a building on the player.
                    And another problem that host does not experience. When one of the players enters another location, it appears on the screen for a second on screen other players (except host)
                    unknown.png unknown (1).png

• HollowRoots

HollowRoots Intergalactic Tourist

Strange bug that black screens when one player fails to make it to bed before 2 am and the other is already in bed waiting.

• TheGibbonOfLif

TheGibbonOfLif Space Hobo

[​IMG]All 9 of those crops were watered yesterday, and I came out today to a crop having not grown. This has happened multiple times so it's repeatable at least on my system/save file.

• david1602

david1602 Void-Bound Voyager

I'm not sure if this has already been reported - but there seems to be a bug in the mines with... the bugs, ironically.
                          You can hit them once or twice but after that you cannot hit them anymore, then they just turn into flies and my coop partner crashes. I'm unaffected as host.
                          He was hearing them on the next floor then, where they also popped up and he crashed then. We had it 3 times and now reached floor 40 and are happy we got rid of it, but this should defniitely be reproducible.

• Ensuk

Ensuk Space Hobo

• Thazzrill

Thazzrill Space Hobo

Hey, started yesterday trying to play with my friend, but something seems wrong in my game.

He can invite me and so on, but I don't recieve the invitation.

I'll attach 2 screenshots, cause I'm missing the options to invite him before I start the game and also the ingame option to send him a code to invite him.

Attached Files:

• Katzeus

Could you all make sure you've got this morning's update and check again?

• Rafffina

Rafffina Space Hobo

I found the frame rate drop occurred when putting items in the furnaces outside my house. The more items I smelted the more lag.

Then at the same time each day frames would drop when entering the farm area.

Quick restart of the game seemed to solve this temporarily.

• OSvan

OSvan Space Hobo

bump

• Katzeus

Linux shouldn't need it. Linux users who still have the problem should make sure that:
                                    1. Their Steam client is running.
                                    2. Their Steam client is not in offline mode.
                                    3. They launch the game through Steam.
                                    4. They leave the game on the title screen for a minute or two before opening the co-op menu (perm fix for this is incoming).
                                    Can you try leaving the title screen for a min before launching co-op? That may be the step here you're missing

• nightleld

nightleld Space Hobo

If mine was bad sorry lol

• Yukon_Hero

Yukon_Hero Space Hobo

I don't know if this has been mentioned or not, but if say... player 1 is sleeping and waiting for player 2 to sleep, player 2 can swing their sword at player 1 repeatedly and it will pop up with the "do you want to go to bed for the night" message over and over again. Effectively, locking player 1 into an infinite message screen and not letting them move. It's good fun with friends, but it only takes 1 bad apple.

Edit:
                                        Wanted to add something else I found, probably the worst bug that my friends and I encountered. Whenever a guest player would encounter a Cave Fly, the host would also be able to hear the Cave Fly. The guest could then defeat the Cave Fly and the noise would go away, but for the host, the Cave Fly noise would linger. The only way we found to get rid of the Cave Fly noise was to enter into a building. Just leaving the area didn't always fix it, but entering into a building did.

Last edited: May 2, 2018
                                          nachopique likes this.
                                        Thread Status:
                                        Not open for further replies.