1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Stardew Valley Multiplayer Beta: Known Issues & Fixes

Discussion in 'Support' started by Katzeus, Apr 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valtsu0

Valtsu0 Poptop Tamer

this does not matter but did you realise that the (fixed) in
    • (Fixed) Crash when swapping from tool to food and quickly eating
    has diffrent color?

• Tahelis

Tahelis Void-Bound Voyager

I have a bug with the large backpack. MY friend bought their backpack first, then we got enough money for me to buy my backpack, so I went and bought it immediately. I left the store, then realized we had a bit more money and I wanted some seeds, so I went back in. On the loading screen back into the general store, the game crashed.

I loaded back into the game, and the extra unlocked slots in my inventory were crossed out like I never bought the backpack upgrade. Whenever I filled up the hotbar full, it would say my bag was full. But I could go directly into my inventory and move items on my hotbar into the locked slots that I should have had, even though they still looked locked.

I ended up buying another backpack upgrade, and that ended up fixing it, but my inventory acted pretty weird until I got another backpack.

• d0x7

d0x7 Void-Bound Voyager

I̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶i̶c̶e̶d̶ ̶a̶ ̶v̶e̶r̶y̶ ̶a̶n̶n̶o̶y̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶b̶u̶g̶.̶ ̶W̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶m̶u̶l̶t̶i̶p̶l̶a̶y̶e̶r̶ ̶a̶f̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶s̶l̶e̶e̶p̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶e̶n̶e̶r̶g̶y̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶a̶l̶w̶a̶y̶s̶ ̶f̶u̶l̶l̶.̶ ̶A̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶m̶o̶m̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶I̶'̶m̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶y̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶m̶u̶l̶t̶i̶p̶l̶a̶y̶e̶r̶ ̶(̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶s̶o̶l̶o̶,̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶b̶o̶d̶y̶)̶,̶ ̶I̶ ̶w̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶s̶l̶e̶e̶p̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶n̶o̶w̶,̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶n̶e̶x̶t̶ ̶m̶o̶r̶n̶i̶n̶g̶,̶ ̶I̶ ̶o̶n̶l̶y̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶1̶4̶1̶ ̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶2̶7̶0̶ ̶e̶n̶e̶r̶g̶y̶.̶

Nevermind, I went to bed too late or I was exhausted.

Last edited: May 2, 2018
        • DirtyLibrary

DirtyLibrary Yeah, You!

I’ve noticed that on the end of every day, the game freezes for about 12 seconds before going to the end of day figures of what you have made. Before, it was a black screen that almost instantly went to the end of day screen, now it’s super laggy.

Also, performance as the evening goes on decreases and the game becomes slower and slower. Until the new day?

One final bug, some (not all) of my sheep can freely roam around the farm, walking through fences and walls?

Using an iMac Pro if that helps at all, posting from iPhone though so no save data right now.

• Kyuriii

Kyuriii Space Hobo

thanks! this fixed it for me

• Koihime Nakamura

Koihime Nakamura Ketchup Robot

Reported on Discord: The quest 'Initiation' doesn't reliably work to pull Green Slimes, especially if the overall mine level for the group is high.

• Valtsu0

Valtsu0 Poptop Tamer

Sleeping at the end of the day will fully restore the player's energy bar. If the player passes out or is exhausted when they go to bed, they'll wake up in the morning with less than 100% energy (roughly 50% - 75% energy). If the player passes out and is found by a Joja Team Member, a medical team will be summoned and the player will be charged [​IMG]1,000g for the service.

• Camlevesque

Camlevesque Lucky Number 13

Here are some of the bugs I've noticed so far:
                  - Can't access community center bundles from the inventory menu (can see the Crafts Room but can't use the arrows to switch between rooms, and can't see that bundles have already been completed in the Crafts Room)
                  - Can no longer till the soil/sand areas in the mines
                  - Can't see my friends' host in the main co-op menu. Can only choose Invite Code or LAN, even though I am friends on Steam with my game host
                  - When I break a barrel in the mines, the barrel-breaking animation and sound occur twice even if there was only one barrel
                  - If two players use their axe on the same piece of wood at the same time, they both get the wood (same for stone)
                  - Can no longer retrieve tree seeds from the ground with the axe
                  - Descriptions of items donated to the museum don't seem to sync up between players (Player 1 donates an item, Player 2 finds same item again but the description is still "Gunther can tell you more about this if you donate it to the museum")
                  - Major cutscenes transport all players to the site of the cutscene
                  - Duplicated basic tools. A 3 player group ended up with 4 pickaxes and 4 watering cans

ZorinIchiona likes this.
                  • Zaflis

Zaflis Pangalactic Porcupine

More from wiki about sleeping:
                    Sleep will restore the player's Energy and Health to full if they go to bed before 12:00AM and are not exhausted, and to half if they pass out or are exhausted. The longer past midnight the player stays awake, the less energy they wake up with, with about 50% if they sleep right before 2:00AM.

Also i noticed that if you stay inside the bed area you slowly gain energy and health. You don't need to actually sleep, just stay in that bed area. It's easier than walking all the way to bath house, so maybe a bug...

• ekffie

ekffie Phantasmal Quasar

Second player can't catch any fish on the fishing farm map.
                      ver 1.3.4
                      We started a fresh save host and one joined player on the fish farm map.

The host player can fish on the farm map normally.
                      The joined player got trying for 3 ingame days trash only - his fishing lever was already 3.

Since we are using some mods (Timestop for slower days, better Rng) can please somebody playing vanilla retest this?
                      Thank you

• Knightofmana

Knightofmana Void-Bound Voyager

So far my 2 different sessions have found 3 bugs
                        1. Only the host can use the hoe on the tillable soil in the mines. This is very easy to reproduce.
                        2. You have this listed already but ill add my details. When i entered town, i saw my friend fishing from the entrance of town. I also got an achievement but i dont know if that was part of what caused the glitch.(pic included)
                        3. Random flickering of other players who are off screen on left side of my screen, It didnt happen to me as a host, but as a farmhand it did. Other players reported this glitch when i was the host but i was unaware.

Attached Files:

• krolikov

krolikov Space Hobo

Hi,

three bugs to report:

1. Game crashed just before the save would occur. The save didn't happen - all unsaved progress was lost. I was hosting a game over LAN. save_crash.zip contains error log, a copy of save file used to host the game, and just in case another copy of the same save file collected after the crash - https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Trpe1dvwPaLnw98w5UZPn_VMIZjcLWD6

2. Travelling cart shows "Out of stock", impossible to purchase anything. Reproduced this on two separate machines (different save files, both single player and coop). Save file - https://drive.google.com/open?id=1RPi7TpCYc5I2tP-gv3SOoXiLJ02JUKoG

3. After yesterday's update I'm unable to invite steam friends or generate invite codes. Server parameter shows Online. In the first hours of the beta this worked well. Not sure what info to collect in this case.

Thanks!

• alexratman

alexratman Void-Bound Voyager

Still happening as of the latest patch

• d0x7

d0x7 Void-Bound Voyager

Oh, I see. My bad in this case, didn't knew that. In SP I always went pretty early to bed, that's why I always had full energy in SP.

• nightleld

nightleld Space Hobo

I'm having an issue on the Co-Op Menu where there is no option to join anywhere. I've tried to join my friends game via the friends list, and that did not work. Also there is no Friends-Only option. I am definitely connected to Steam matchmaking.
                                Screenshots:
                                https://www.ultraimg.com/image/MSnY
                                https://www.ultraimg.com/image/MSnG
                                https://www.ultraimg.com/image/MSnM

I'm on the latest version of the game as of rn

(had to switch as imgur was having problems)

If it helps I'm running Windows 10

Specs (idk if this helps)

AMD Ryzen 3 1300X
                                Zotac Mini 1050ti
                                8GB DDR4
                                500GB 7200RPM Hard Drive
                                idk anything else oops

I also tried on another PC (a laptop this time) and had the same results.

That was running (also the latest version of the game with same results)
                                Intel Core i3-3217U
                                Intel HD Graphics 4000
                                4GB DDR3
                                Windows 10

Thanks!

Edit:
                                a different user named 'wells' posted that and it did resolve the problem for me.

Last edited: May 2, 2018
                                • wells

wells Master Chief

To fix the "lan only" problem download visual c++ redistributable 2013, the x86 version.

nightleld likes this.
                                  • Slendermando

Slendermando Intergalactic Tourist

New bug found:
                                    The game crashed while I was in the mines. It happened as I was surrounded by a lot of cave flies, and I was trying to beat'em up.
                                    The number of the error is : [14424]

• irohforpresident

irohforpresident Master Chief

The weather report was incorrect in a 2p game.

The current day was raining. The host player checked their tv and it said the next day was going to rain. The client player checked their tv and it said it would be sunny. The next day it rained so it was consistent with the host players report.

This only happened once so far in the ~2 hours that’s we’ve played. I think it was on day 4 or so of a new game.

• khaotick2525

khaotick2525 Void-Bound Voyager

Noticed people talking about frame rate drops in the evening, but I haven't seen much mention of chickens relating to them. The frame rate drop happened every single time the chickens would go inside for the night, when we close the gate so they can't leave, we have no issues.

• nightleld

nightleld Space Hobo

omg thanks dude

Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.