1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Stardew Valley Multiplayer Beta: Known Issues & Fixes

Discussion in 'Support' started by Katzeus, Apr 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Macho__

Macho__ Space Hobo

Played as a guest and noticed a consistent crash in between days. If my host stayed on the sales screen for too long (or longer than me), my client would crash in the middle of saving. We worked around this by having the host quickly move past that screen and on to the next day. It seemed that I (as the guest) could stay on that sales screen for a while longer than the host and still get to the green "game saved" message and the next day.

Attached Files:

• RC 1148

RC 1148 Space Hobo

im not sure if its a bug, but my friend was hosting her farm and it seems like time had accelerated a fair bit since we started playing.

another issue that came up was "animal name has no product" while i was in the character creation screen the first time. then again when i went to talk to willy at the docks for the fishing rod

• Philferd

Philferd Space Hobo

When going to sleep, the game freezes on a black screen, not prompting the save. Playing with 3 people, and this occurs for all players; the game does not crash. It just gets stuck. With about 5 hours on the beta, it has happened 3 times.

• urlocalfyapowa

urlocalfyapowa Void-Bound Voyager

egg festival doesnt work at all, just says festival has started but when u go to nada, and all the doors are locked

• Mythrelia

Mythrelia Intergalactic Tourist

Not sure if this can be fixed or is just a risk with connection issues. I was playing multiplayer with 2 friends and, while having bade connection, bought a backpack expansion. It didn't fully register, I can put items in the second line manually but if the first line is full I can't pick up new items. Second I donated some items to Gunther and found a book. The book and some items disappeared from the museum.

• junji

junji Space Hobo

There is a bug for wallpapers. No one can place them when the friends house are upgraded. You can only change the floor and wallpaper for the kitchen area when you upgrade the house. Everything else disappears when you try to replace the wallpaper/floor.

• beakanson

beakanson Yeah, You!

hello there, i am playing with my boyfriend and we found some bugs in multiplayer mode

-about caves in montain lake, we reached the stardrop but it looks like only one chat can pick this stardrop, and its impossible to the other one to get this (and the other prizes from caves too) - not sure if its a bug or the multiplayer gameplay
                -sometimes when going sleep the game crashes and we lost the entire day
                -there's some ways to duplicate the items, like puting the item in the ground and both trying to pick (sometimes the item appears in both backpacks), and when mining, both using the pickaxe in a single rock get the double of items
                -i'm the host, when he disconnected the game, he lost the mission he won during the day (it was level 5 in the mines, then the mission from level 40 never appeared)
                -about community center, i (host) can see in the backpack everything that remains in the bundles, but he only can see the first page and nothing more

• thordred

thordred Space Hobo

First crash last night while in the mines, stabbing frantically at cave flies with the Wind Spire. Cave flies in general seem to be a bit bugged, with locations and hits not seeming to register properly especially in their larval phase.

Attached Files:

• Pawfect

Pawfect Void-Bound Voyager

A few issues encountered:

I was host, game for my GF (who sits next to me) started to lag. Appeared to have been occuring as I was loading new mine levels, whilst she was walking through town. Then she joined me in the mine. When we were on the same level, as I took the ladder to the next level her game crashed.

This crash occurred on day 5 and has appeared to have had the following impacts:

1. When re-joining the game within the same day her fatigue was reset to full
                    2. When we slept the next night, she advanced to level 2 foraging (which was achieved already on the night prior). The same message popped up on the following night as well.
                    3. TWo days passed while collecting ~50 farm items without a level up. However on day 8 farming level 1 was achieved (this seemed much, much slower than usual).
                    4. Whilst swinging my sword in the mine, a 'ghost' scythe cut grass on the farm and several patches of grass was cur (no visual queue other than the grass disappearing)

Improvements for consideration:
                    A. Similar to chests, only allow 1 person to interact with shops at a time. It appeared that as I was purchasing seeds, and my gf was selling some forage items money was lost (This is not confirmed).
                    B. Consider a pause function which can be used by any farmer (E.g. for answering a phone call etc...)

Will restart and test if player skills function better without a crash.

• Adamantini

Adamantini Intergalactic Tourist

If you take a quest, but for some reason you disconnect from server, sometimes the quest will disappears (not so bad for quests on Pierre's store, but in quests like "joining in the adventurer's guild", will make a mess). We can't take the missed quests again

• Derpkidd

Derpkidd Seal Broken

Hey, it's Day 2X of Spring in my game with my GF. She's hosting the farm and we're playing through the Steam friend system; no LAN or invite code.

The good news is so far we haven't had any crashes. First we both played with SMAPI then eventually we uninstalled it to see if it'll fix some issues. I'll update my post if any further issues occur without SMAPI.

With SMAPI:

1. Biggest problem right now is with de-syncing. Not sure if this is a problem with latency/our internet or if it's a bug, so just reporting for now. I'll always be lagging (in-game time-wise) behind my GF eventually if we're off doing our own thing in different areas throughout the day. No framerate drops, just that at times, I'll eventually be a couple/few hours behind my GF in game (e.g. 6PM on my end while it's 9PM on her end). I can even see her character doing actions that she did five minutes ago once we're in the same area again. Maybe my in-game clock is slower than hers? This desyncing also causes a few problems:

a. I get long loading times whenever I move from area to area, which compounds the problem even more.
                        b. I can't open chests when I'm behind in time.
                        c. When out of sync, the game also doesn't register us going to sleep, even after pressing 'Yes'. We just have to lie there until it's 2AM to pass out before the next day starts.
                        d. Sometimes even when 'Waiting for other players to sleep' is at 2/2, we still have to pass out manually. One of the workarounds we found out was to do almost everything together and go to bed at the same time in the same bed.

1.2. One exception to doing everything together is mining: the out of sync problem is even worse when we go through the mines together, especially moving from level to level. We'll always end up with mismatched times by the time we get out.

2. This has been mentioned before, but my community center bundles in the pause menu don't update in tandem with the host's. It's stuck with only the Crafts' Room available. But it matches up when my character is physically in the comm center building. Another mentioned problem is me as a guest donating stuff to the museum but the info box for me still says 'Gunther can tell you more about this...' etc.

3. The light around the furnace is still there, even without anything burning at the time.

4. Sound effects of monsters still persist even when exiting the mines.

5. I can't enter the Egg Festival as a guest. My GF also can't start the Egg hunt either (Waiting for other players...) unless if I log off. I saw that this might be an issue with SMAPI itself so we've uninstalled it for now.

Without SMAPI so far (will probably add more, I haven't gotten very far to recreate the issues above):

1. As a guest, the environment around me 'staggers' sometimes/doesn't scroll smoothly when I move around. I didn't have this problem when SMAPI was installed.

That's it for now. Being out of sync is actually the most frustrating problem because as a guest I have shorter days, longer loading times, inaccessible chests, etc. Thanks for reading!

Farmer Luny likes this.
                        • Dysana

Dysana Space Hobo

Went to sleep after day 2, but day 3 didn't load and the whole program crashed. Not sure if this counts as failure to load the new day or if this is crashing at a slightly different point.
                          Error log attached.

Attached Files:

• beakanson

beakanson Yeah, You!

queen of the sauce did different recipes in the same day from different players

• Adamantini

Adamantini Intergalactic Tourist

as I said before, sometimes, after you disconnect from server for some reason (leave, crash), you can loose items from your inventory (including main tools, like mining pick, axe...). If this occurs with your tools, you will never take another again. I passed all day trying take another one (bugs, waiting some NPC send me in mail), but I failed. If someone have a tip to take my tools back, I will be gratefull

• yarncandy

yarncandy Void-Bound Voyager

It takes forever for me and my friend to get the game to progress to the next day when we go to sleep (i'm pretty sure that once it hit midnight for one of us while we were in bed, we would go to the next day). I think it's due to differences in what time it is in our characters - I would have to tab out a lot which makes the game automatically pause. Once i turned off auto pausing it went by a lot faster, so implementing a permanent fix for this in multiplayer would be good to see.

• PowerOfNames

PowerOfNames Space Hobo

Hi everyone, and sorry for my bad english ;)

I started the beta with a friend, so we were 2 players in this session, and I was the guest, while he hosted. We were playing normally via steam and here are the bugs/issues I encountered:

1. The community area pages are not available for me as guest in my own menu, I only have access to the first page, but the arrows wont do anything. Also already spend items wont show up there, i had to go into the community house to look them up, but made achievements got updated in my ,,inventory''. As long as i stay in the community-house though, i have access to all pages in my inventory.

2. Donations to the museum werent updated in my inventory. E.g. if i have a gem in my inventory, it always that i have to go to gunther, who can tell me more about it, but as soon as I go into the museum, it updates, which resets as soon as i leave the museum again.

3. When either Im in the mine or at my farm, and my friend as host is at the other place, it occurs, that some of his actions, like cutting grass at the farm, appear at my screen as visual glitch. It then appears, that a ghost cuts grass at my screen, where no grass is. Same goes the other way around, if he slays monsters with a sword in the mine, it sometimes occurs, that grass gets cut at the farm, but for real this time. The grass is visually and physically been removed from the farm.

4. Huge framrate issues in the evening (it only occured at the end of our session yesterday). We had a recycler running and 5 conserving bins, a coop with one chicken, the little cavern with mushrooms growing in it and some crops and 2 scarecrows and 1 rarecrow. The framedrops spiked to a nearly freezed screen and extemely laggy key-input/reaction near our silo, which is located in the top left corner of the farm, near grandpa's shrine, and only if the silo was fully at the screen. After sleeping it was normal again.

4.1 Edit to the framerate issues: Those framerate drops appeared the first time during the night from the 6.th to the 7.th of summer (as far as I remember now) during rain. Silo, recycler and bins were already in use for a couple of days at this time)

(6. The sound the other player makes seem to travel a little bit too long, but it is not really an issue, its just confusing to hear the other player running on the topside of the farm, or them hearing me eating, while he is on the topside of the farm, and me being on the far bottom)

(7. Also not quit sure, if its an issue or intended, but the chest-items in the mine are only available for one player)

But for the rest of the game: It makes much fun to be able to play with friends now, and Im eager to see what we can discover over the next few days ^^

• alukard1001

alukard1001 Void-Bound Voyager

Got the Community Center cutscene with Lewis, in winter after doing the Joja Warehouse side.
                                    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

• pwoolford

pwoolford Space Hobo

If you are playing the arcade game in the saloon when the day ends, it keeps playing the arcade music forever.

• alurkingcat

alurkingcat Intergalactic Tourist

In both single and multiplayer if you are in bed and get the "Go to sleep?" prompt, your energy starts recharging before you select anything.

• deek0146

deek0146 Space Hobo

Players with multiple glow rings do not work together.

Its inconsistent what goes wrong, but something almost always goes wrong when multiple players in the same area have a glow ring enabled. Usually its the local player's glow ring that stops working.

urnk likes this.
                                          Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.