1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Stardew Valley Multiplayer Beta: Known Issues & Fixes

Discussion in 'Support' started by Katzeus, Apr 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adamantini

Adamantini Intergalactic Tourist

Bugs: when I fish, other players see my fishing float and line, in far away places.
    I can hear my friends all the time, even when they are far far away.

I suggest add two more houses, for 6 players to play together.

sorry for grammatical errors, my english is rusty

• Thadius

Thadius Void-Bound Voyager

Any word on the bug that causes my farm to chug before ultimately saying 'no more playing after 6pm'?

It's not a crash to desktop bug, it happens the second day after I patched to 1.3. The 1.3.4 fix made it so I could progress a little, but I still can't go to the next day unless I get in my house by 6pm.

• Zephixis

Zephixis Seal Broken

so i spammed bait on a crab pot after placing them, this is what happened, the right crab pot is some black mess glitching, others say that my inventory is full meanwhile it isn't.
        the right crab pot started as glitching with all the sprites of the items going through a loop or some sort, now its just a black mess glitching
        here is a gif of it
        https://gyazo.com/8f79b9ed1719f80a50014fae4e6a1243

Jacky2611 likes this.
        • Mr. Dennis

Mr. Dennis Void-Bound Voyager

I'm having an issue where the moment it hits 6PM on my farm, the framerate drops a lot, probably below 10 frames. I have a feeling it has to do with the fact that the lighting changes at 6PM, but I'm not certain.

• xYuna

xYuna Void-Bound Voyager

People report it could be the Recycling Machine, since a lot of people have issues with that.

• Ergot695

Ergot695 Intergalactic Tourist

When players break or pick an item at the same time, it will duplicate the item. Only tested with 2 players, works on everything but chests and furniture that we've seen so far.

• Illsister

Illsister Space Hobo

I'm having an issue where the game crashes if I'm loading to an other part of the map (every time).

• splashofwatermelon

splashofwatermelon Lucky Number 13

I can verify, I followed all the steps and my friends can see my game library. I don't have the problem on my desktop, but I do on my laptop. I tried the process you mentioned in one of your earlier posts (Completely exit Steam and wait at the title). I've tried changing Steam accounts, uninstalling and reinstalling the game, and even going to my public library to try it on another network. The only difference I can think of between my laptop and desktop is that I only purchased and installed the game the day the beta came out on my laptop, in contrast to having it installed on my desktop for a couple months before the beta (Was playing through family sharing).

Sorry if some of the stuff I did is stupid, I'm just trying to give you guys more info about the problem.

• Katzeus

Katzeus Chucklefisherman Chucklefish

Devs suspect this may be hardware related - could you share the screen resolution, graphical specs and any other hardware specs for your wife's computer?

Thanks a bunch!

• Iraida09

Iraida09 Space Hobo

Visual bug and teleport in the event of Joja's owner entering in the Pierre's shop

I have a visual bug that time when the joja's owner enters in pierre's shop, my friend was in middle of the fishing minigame when he teleport to my location, loosing the catch, the fishing line appears across the screen,then we go out from pierre's shop and the fishing line is still there.

https://gyazo.com/4af8a72c03c26e4f2af95e1d2abf19f4
                      upload_2018-5-1_20-26-9.jpeg

Last edited: May 1, 2018
                      • tkcar2k

tkcar2k Space Hobo

This is what my privacy settings look like. i hope this helps.

Attached Files:

viobeth22 and Katzeus like this.
                        • Star Wolf

Star Wolf Aquatic Astronaut

Small bug that isn't too major but still irritating:

I was in the forest beneath the farm and in the Leah and animal lady area, I saw a worm/artifact spot and mined it, I noticed my inventory was full so I dropped some dandelions in front of me, but in the little artifact action that shows you holding up what you got I picked the dandelions back up and since my inventory was the full again the artifact just disappeared. So I dropped an item, picked up an artifact, but while it showed the artifact cutscene I picked up the item I dropped because it was in my pick-up radius which meant I then had a full inventory mid-cutscene and the artifact was now gone.

I don't have any mods, i'm in fullscreen, and i'm on windows.

• Katzeus

Katzeus Chucklefisherman Chucklefish

Here's a reply from ConcernedApe about this one;
                            Still investigating the cause - thanks!

• kpryzk

kpryzk Space Hobo

I am playing my single player game on Fall Friday 19 and the Traveling Merchant displays an "Out of Stock" message.

• Eliyellowbear

Eliyellowbear Space Hobo

My partner and I are having lag issues. When entering our farm at the end of the day we both lag and the frame drops but once we are able to get into our houses the lag goes away. We are year 1 summer day 3, we had to repeat the day multiple times in hopes it was our end, but our internet connection is fine.

Edit: This is happening as soon as 6pm hits

Edit 2: We got rid of our recycling machine but it still lags at 6pm, (im not too sure how to upload my save file and log through steam) We both on windows 10 and our PCs meet the requirements. We have been playing since released yesterday. And it continues to happen after Summer Day 3 Year 1. No matter which side we come into the farm is the frame drops after 6pm, it seems to get worse throughout the night making it almost impossible to reach our beds in time

Last edited: May 1, 2018
                                • brelyna

brelyna Orbital Explorer

I found an interesting bug where Willy fishing in the lower area will replace his fishing pole with his own model. (see attached picture) [​IMG]
                                  Also, whenever my boyfriend or I break a rock and receive a geode, our character will hold up the stone and say that we received a stone instead of the geode.

• Thunder78man

Thunder78man Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Don't know if this has been addressed but if someone has a network issue, they seem to fall behind the host of the farm. One way or another, if the person is having net issues, they become out of sync with everyone else and will have problems doing either client- or server-based activities like the bed sleeping or even just changing areas. Activities and loading areas become slower. Chests react rather slowly or not doing anything after the person touches it. Sleeping in beds become near impossible if they are out of sync. I believe it also causes duplicates if they are with people currently doing stuff like cutting trees and rocks. The only way for them to re-establish the sync with others is to reconnect to the game each time any of the stuff happens.

• Ludacryst

Ludacryst Void-Bound Voyager

The most I can provide on wallpaper issue, it doesn't happen until after you upgrade the house once. At least not for me. It's the same with flooring. It doesn't affect the left side of the house.

• JorbisOvyrn

JorbisOvyrn Space Hobo

I am having an issue where when I am outside the community center I can't use the arrows on the community center menu (as if I hadnt completed the first room), but inside I can see that the host completed the first room and I can contribute and see contributions to other rooms.

• GoldfishClancy

GoldfishClancy Space Hobo

I got the new beta version yesterday and today it won't launch without it being unistalled and reinstalled. I played with friends and one says they don't have this problem it might be a bug but not completely sure.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.