1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Stardew Valley Multiplayer Beta: Known Issues & Fixes

Discussion in 'Support' started by Katzeus, Apr 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpookyBoo

SpookyBoo Space Hobo

Experienced a crash from friend connected to me as host. He experienced a random crash while I was in the mines and he was in the library. When he left the library there was a disconnect and I had to leave the mines in order to get him to reconnect. All progress was lost on his end. (i.e. All items collected/bought were gone.)

• Jacky2611

Jacky2611 Space Hobo

Ok, so we tried to somehow keep playing, but this CTD bug on day 6 of summer (and the following days) makes the game unplayable.
      We somehow managed to get to day 7, but for some reason our game keeps crashing to desktop with the same error log.
      As far as I can tell it looks like a "simple" nullpointer that is triggered by the eat animation, but it might also be a lot more complicated. So far we haven't checked if eating something really is what triggers this bug. Would really really appreciate a hotfix.

Attached Files:

• Ronan22

Ronan22 Space Hobo

I had an issue where the game crashed while fighting grubs/cave flies in the mines. The game crashed (game closed) when i kept attacking the pupating grubs(when they turn blue and wont take damage), after the first crash i tried the same thing again and the same crash happened. I was using the steel smallsword both times, i cant remember the floornumber of the first but the second time i was on floor 27 when it happened.
        My version is 1.3.4

Attached Files:

• parabolic paradise

parabolic paradise Subatomic Cosmonaut

I've also seen what another here has reported: Gifts don't reset on the first Sunday on a fresh new save, instead resetting on Monday. I'm also a little bothered by hearing doors loud and clear no matter how far away from them I am, and the furnace doesn't have quite the same "whoosh" that it used to.

Minor things, admittedly. :p I am playing single-player on a file created after the beta began.

• SpookyBoo

SpookyBoo Space Hobo

[​IMG]
            Double Clints lol

• bepboopbep

bepboopbep Aquatic Astronaut

after the first couple keypresses, pressing C opens chat box instead of using selected item. Changing keybindings for 'use item' doesn't fix (first couple presses will work & then starts opening chat box again). Pressing T or ? still also open chat. '09 Macbook, OSX El Capitan 10.11.6

• Katzeus

Katzeus Chucklefisherman Chucklefish

We're still investigating this one - and haven't been able to reproduce yet. If player impacted by this can verify they've followed the blog steps, especially updating your profile settings in steam so friends can see your game library, we can eliminate those which could be configuration issues from those who may be having a bug.

We've read every report in this thread (and a bunch in other places) about this one, but still don't have details to understand the problem. I'll update the OP that we need more details on this one - please continue to report any new information.

Hesberto likes this.
                • Probopassed

Probopassed Space Hobo

When I opened the game for the first time, my bottom floor rooms reverted to the default wallpaper and I cannot change them to anything else. I have tried closing the game and reopenig it, unimstallig and reinstalling it, but no matter what I do he wallpaper cannot be changed. The top rooms can be changed to whatever I want, but the bottom rooms just won't change. It's a pretty minor issue, but I figured I should point it out. I haven't seen anyone with the same issue before.

• SpookyBoo

SpookyBoo Space Hobo

I dont have a photo to show but my boyfriend was fishing in town on the bridge but on my screen he was standing in town square with a massively long fishing line stretching across the screen. When he caught the fish it returned to normal and he de-spawned from the incorrect spot on my screen.

• IceCreamKing

IceCreamKing Void-Bound Voyager

My friend is having an issue where he can't join my game because it won't let him press the ok button to finish creating his character...

• Funcrunch

Funcrunch Void-Bound Voyager

I got "Out of Stock" from the traveling cart today as well, playing on a save file I'd started pre-beta.

ETA: I'm on macOS 10.12.6 (Sierra), no mods. I am not using the multi-player features at this time.

maraskywhiner likes this.
                        • algiukas222

algiukas222 Intergalactic Tourist

I can hear my friend using his scythe on other parts of the map.
                          And he mentioned a visual bug, i didn't see it personaly but he said that when i casted a fishing line, it flew across the whole screen for him

• EnviMea

EnviMea Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Backpacks seem to only be Host-side? I attempted to buy an upgrade for myself and it didn't register at all (but did take my money, so we're out $2,000 :zzz: ).

Additionally, events only Host-side? Attempted to go to the Egg Festival and it prompted that it needed both players, as soon as the Host joined the Festival he could participate etc but I didn't see anything but the vanilla town square with nothing in it (it didn't allow him to start the egg hunt without me though, so I had to log out to allow him to progress)

Macho__ likes this.
                            • Katzeus

I've been seeing some reports in the past few hours which should have been fixed in the hotfix this morning. Make sure all players are on the most up-to-date version of the patch (which is currently 1.3.4) if you're seeing a bug listed in the OP.

• JD_a

JD_a Space Hobo

Issue 1 :
                                Host crashes when friends join the game the first time. This only happens the very first time they join. We are not friends on Steam. 100% reproduction.
                                Issue 2 :
                                Player crashes (not host) whenever changing screens away. Seems like netcode still processes while a location is unloaded/loaded. 100% reproduction.
                                Issue 3 :
                                Very often the hosts/clients will be stuck on a black screen after sleeping. Sometimes it resolves after 30sec+, sometimes waiting even 5 minutes does not help. Occurs only when latency is a little high (100ms or slow conn speed from clients)

All issues occur on 1.3.4

Attached Files:

• Eliatrope

Eliatrope Space Hobo

-When mining and getting the chest at the end of a set of floors, only one person can receive the item. Unsure if this is a glitch, oversight, or regular function, but just a thought.
                                  -Host had an event, and it dragged me from my location to theirs after it ended.

• Pyxillis

Pyxillis Space Hobo

Very minor issue but when I was out mining stones on my new farm, I found a geode and rather than it saying "you have found a geode!" it said "you have found a stone!" which, although exciting, probably isn't what you were hoping for! As I said, very minor but I just wanted to let you know! :nurutease:

• kyanitte

kyanitte Intergalactic Tourist

Can the problem with only being able to click to close dialogue be changed? I really liked when we could use the keyboard shortcuts to continue/close the dialogue, it makes it more tedious to play having to click all the time.

• Katzeus

Devs think it's possible this is a modding related issue. You may need to do an uninstall/reinstall if you'd been running any mods before the update.

• Isabaka

Isabaka Poptop Tamer

You can clone items in LAN.Drop a amount of items, the second player will pick up them but they don't disappear and you can pick up them again.

Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.