1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Stardew Valley Multiplayer Beta: Known Issues & Fixes

Discussion in 'Support' started by Katzeus, Apr 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Isabaka

Isabaka Poptop Tamer

My friend can't join my room and also host a room.When he tries to join,only the LAN appears for him, and when he tries to create one, only "Offline" and "Online" appears in his options.I tried to invite him for my room, but it didn't work too.

viobeth22 likes this.
    • Vapeur10

Vapeur10 Intergalactic Tourist

I had the exact same issue playing as a farmhand on my friend's new farm. It was either day 2 or day 3 and my forecast said it would be sunny and his said it would rain. It did rain the next day. Haven't seen it happen again, but we have been going off his TV and it's been accurate.

• Sixx

Sixx Void-Bound Voyager

Can confirm, ran into a moment ago.

• Breadxd

Breadxd Space Hobo

You cant complete praire king on multiplayer as there is not enough time.(I tried it at 8:00 am and by 2:00am i was only at stage 3-1)(Via Prarie arcade at home)
          Horse visual glitch when switching the horse between players.(Only when there is one horse)
          Return scepter is bringing everybody back to spawn point.( I recommend that you just return one instead of everybody)

• RubyNyx

RubyNyx Void-Bound Voyager

My girlfriend and I played the beta all day yesterday and encountered a few bugs.

-Only the hosts TV is working properly and gives the correct information like luck and weather for the next day. Other players have different weather and luck displayed but only the hosts is actually correct. Also the Living Off the Land never has anything for players except the host.
            -Not sure if this is a bug but we are able to hear the other players footsteps and actions anywhere within the same location, even if we are on opposite sides of town I would still be able to hear them as if they were on my screen. Got slightly confusing at times. On a slightly related note, when a player is in the mines and one isn’t, they are able to still here the other player battling monsters. I would be working on my farm when I suddenly hear bat noises from the cave, as well as the cave music. There would also be a constant buzzing sound even if there were no Cave Flies around. Got quite annoying after a while.
            -When killing Grubs in the mines, after a hit or two I wouldn’t be able to hit them anymore and kill them before they go into their green cacoon and turn into Cave Flies. This was also the case for many mobs, sometimes we would try to hit them but it would do no damage to them. I noticed this might be a sync error as I would see one player trying to hit a mob that wasn’t there, therefore causing no damage to it.
            -When doing some actions, such as breaking rocks/weeds or eating, it will do the action sound twice.
            -Not sure if a bug or intended but when another player encounters a cutscene, it will sometimes also trigger for the other player and once the cutscene is over it will teleport the other player to the spot the cutscene was triggered. Example: If I triggered the Community Center opening with Lewis in town while the other player was forging in the forest, it would also trigger the cutscene for them with my character and once it is over it teleports them to town.
            -There is a few bugs with the chests. Sometimes my girlfriend would try to open a chest and wouldn’t be able to, but I would see her character no where near the chest she would claim to be at. Not sure if that’s a bug though or just a connection problem but there were a lot of instances where she wouldn’t be able to open chests, and when she got them to open they would stay open even after she was gone from them so I wouldn’t be able to open them until they closed. There was also an instance where the chests were not opening no matter how many times she tried, so she left the cabin where the chests were located and the next time she went inside the cabin the chest opened as soon as she walked in without her being at the chest.
            -There was a one time where we both were in bed but the end of the day and earnings screen wasn’t triggering until we both passed out at 2am. On my screen (host) it said 1/2 players were in bed but on her screen it said 2/2 players.
            -There was an instance where I was at Pierre’s buying seeds when my screen went completely hectic. My mouse was clicking and buying seeds that I was hovered over without me doing so and selling them when I hovered over them in my inventory, and kept opening and closing Pierre’s shop.
            -Only the host is able to see the community center bundles properly on their inventory screen. Other players can’t see what items have been completed within the bundles, or any of the other bundles besides the first one unless they are inside the community center. It’s a bit frustrating when they are unable to see if an item has been donated or not unless they walk all the way to the CC.

Last edited: May 1, 2018
            • Jacky2611

Jacky2611 Space Hobo

Haven't experienced it myself, but I think I can remember someone else mentioning that some machines (recycler???) cause extreme lag after 6. Might want to check that.

• MatchaTea

MatchaTea Space Hobo

Hi, I have seen several issues on my gameplay so far.

1. I can't open the chest (sometimes it will take sometime to open, and sometimes it will crash the game). Usually after the chest bug, the next loading screen will crash the game. [THIS HAPPENS THE MOST, MOST OF THE TIME TO BE FRANK.]

2. There are random fiber showing up from cutting grass when there is nobody there (usually happens after I'm cutting grass)

3. My friend has done a bundle from Community Center but my community center is still not done (from inventory menu) however it is done when I go directly to the Community Center building.

4. Problem with leveling up on skills. It keep showing up the same level up 1 skill on the next night.

5. After the crash, I come back to the game and the energy is full again. (This can be done on purpose)

6. I cut down a tree and the bunch of stuff are taken. My friend is seen to be cutting the same tree (which I have cut and I see no more tree) after it is cut down by me.

Most of the time, I can't connect to farms and it will say connection failed. That's all I can think of right now.

Good job on the game and thanks for your hard work!

Attached Files:

• felipe.morais92

felipe.morais92 Void-Bound Voyager

Can anybody confirm that you can't get rid of your children in The Dark Shrine of Selfishness? If you give a prismatic shard it prompts the message saying 'goodbye kid's name" but nothing actually happens. The children are still at the house

• Lun4ti0n

Lun4ti0n Space Hobo

Me and my friend found a bug with the Recycle Machine. If you place it on your farm your game fps will drop to 1 fps until you destroy them. :)

• bluepheonix13

bluepheonix13 Void-Bound Voyager

I can confirm the egg festival not loading with 2 players and some mods installed. Going in solo and deactivating mods worked as a workaround though.

Installed mods: CJBShowItemSellPrice, ConsoleCommands, LookupAnything, NPCMapLocations, SaveBackup, TractorMod

Also, the treasure chests in the mine are missing (at least the first few and when the client enters the layer first, haven't tested the later ones and host entering yet).

Edit: Deactivating mods for Host seems to have fixed the first problem, so it might the fault of one or more mods, treasure chests still missing though.

Attached Files:

• WiktorDxD

WiktorDxD Space Hobo

• WiktorDxD

WiktorDxD Space Hobo

• Hoixe

Hoixe Space Hobo

I loaded a game that was on the day of the Fall Festival, and the festival notice shows up, but when I enter the town the festival is not actually happening and the game continues as a regular day.
                          Installed mods: Console Commands, NPCmaplocations, Lookupanything, and (inactive) Automate.

• Randalf

Randalf Space Hobo

We encountered a bug.
                            When our host got her cat, and named it, both coop partners disconnected (timeout). After a few minutes the host received the message that we were gone, and in that exact moment the cat first spawned. After that we were able to reconnect.

• Pokeshadow

Pokeshadow Space Hobo

I saw other people mention this but not go into too much detail. There's something up with the wallpapers, basically my kitchen wallpaper is the only thing that's working. The one in my main room and bedroom have reverted back to the default, trying to change the livingroom paper changes the kitchen one, and the bedroom one just gets consumed. Here's a video I took of the bug, hope that helps https://gfycat.com/CreativeAdmiredHarpyeagle . Also as a super minor thing that doesn't really matter too much, I noticed the weathered floorboards in my chest were slightly too large and clipping the chest box. This is an old v 1.2 file if that helps.

• Krumm

Krumm Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Ok so I didn't save any logs so might not be much help but I crashed twice last night but didn't have time to report.

one was when I talked to Linus the first time. I was running around the first day and when talking to Linus I crashed me and my friend thought it might of been because she was moving my house to a better location. Work fine next time.

The second was the cutscene u get the fishing pole from Willie.i skiped OT and crashed and I couldn't rejoin until my friend reloaded the file. Worked fine the next time.

Other than that I noticed some texture bugs with the mines with boxes not showing up grass being invisible. I guess my friend saw me fishing and I was pointing the wrong direction, I didn't get a picture sry.

Last don't know if it's a bug but we were both able to sleep in the same single person bed in the workers hit we didn't try in the main house. U do wake up in the bed u sleep in as far as I am aware so might not be a butch bit just in case.

• Zanite

Zanite Space Hobo

Hey! Just had a bug that made my Gf pretty mad at me :halo: So, the thing that happend.
                                  I passed out while she was in bed. And that crashed the day and removed all the progress that we have had. We had just cought some rare fish we needed and so on. So that sucked. Thought id leave it here.

Have a great day!

• DaavWB

DaavWB Space Hobo

So I think I discovered a glitch, my daughter decided to become a ghost and phase through walls. I have no idea how it happened but I DID manage to screenshot it, this was last night and it was super late, so I apologize that I can't give more details.:chrono:

Attached Files:

• hannahwho

hannahwho Space Hobo

Mounting a horse while it is grazing and then running horizontally in the direction it is facing results in no running animation until you turn the other direction or run vertically.

• xYuna

xYuna Void-Bound Voyager

That happened before the update too, had it often enough.

Thread Status:
                                        Not open for further replies.