1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Stardew Valley Multiplayer Beta: Known Issues & Fixes

Discussion in 'Support' started by Katzeus, Apr 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KirieZ

KirieZ Void-Bound Voyager

Me and my friends also suspects that Recycling Machine is the one causing lag.

• iaveina

iaveina Space Hobo

My friend is the host, I got kicked from the server and had to rejoin - turns out I've lost the 2k backpack/inventory space I bought. A bit sad :(

(Enjoying the co-op anyway!)

• SethSabaku

SethSabaku Void-Bound Voyager

third post on possible bugs/inconveniences observed while playing normally as a duo.

1. Tools duplicate when they are in the inventory of a different player (Player A's Hatchet in player B's inventory) when going to sleep/after festivals.
        2. Cutscenes cannot be enjoyed since the time goes on during them, almost forcing you to skip, even during main event cutscenes like the community center opening (which we both got to see at the same time after one of us entered the zone).
        3. When a player is fishing in a zone, and another player enters it, he sees the casting line of the fishing played across the screen (sometimes with the fisher standing at thee zoneline) until the cast is finished.
        4. If a player is in the mines and the other is not, having the worms morph into flies creates the buzzing sound for the other player as well.
        5. Sometimes when zoning outside when someone is in the dungeon, the dungeon music appears for that player.
        6. Finished bundles do not show up as finished when looking at the community center via inventory for the guest player.
        7. Rewards for turning in relics at the museum can be collected by each players (resulting in multiple finished relic trade-in rewards, like ancient seeds).

Sixx likes this.
        • Sixx

Sixx Void-Bound Voyager

Having an issue where if you pass out during Journey of the Prairie King, the music carries into the next day. Small issue!

• Inkyangel

Inkyangel Void-Bound Voyager

It does not. My steam name is inky. I've tried fully closing steam and relaunching. I've tried reinstalling steam and stardew valley. Nothing is working. It's not even in the bug list though. So it might be intentional for some users. I have a Vac ban on my account from years ago. That may be the issue.

• Inkyangel

Do you have a VAC ban on your account?

• Kosyne

Kosyne Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This isn't a crash but a lockup. Playing with one other player, if either one of us stays out past 2:00AM, the characters pass out, the game screen goes black.... and stays black indefinitely. We have to restart the game to continue playing.

• InkyQuill

InkyQuill Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Well, there are a lot of bugs, some of them were already posted here, but I'll still write them here, because I don't have time to read 36 pages:
                  - Noises from other players (host hears sounds from other players).
                  - there is a fun bug with host fishing when client changes screens, the client sees a line spanning across the map
                  [​IMG]
                  - big events are unplayable at all. (when getting to the festival there is a screen saying "Waiting for players", then... on egg hunting host sees an empty town, client sees a festival map, but all cutscenes are broken and there is nothing to do. Moreover, client cannot leave the place of the festival, because it is waiting for other players to leave the event map, but host is on another map at the same time and cannot leave.)
                  - Recycling machine after 18:00. That lags!
                  - Rings of light are broken, they work if you are alone on the map, but with two players on the map you only see light from another one
                  - Invisible grass in mines.
                  - Somehow host has to greet 28 persons, but client has only 27. Doesn't affect quest progress though.
                  - There was a bug connecting. I have a farm name in cyrillic letters, the client sees UTF-garbled name and crashes on login. After switching to english language client was able to connect. Host was still in Russian. After some time this bug corrected itself and client was able to log in in Russian.
                  [​IMG]

Game version is 1.3.4.

• ScottyVox

ScottyVox Intergalactic Tourist

A buddy, my wife and I are trying to do a 3 person farm, it doesn't matter who hosts the game but me and my buddy always have the game crash when trying to leave our cabin/house, anyone else having this problem or know a fix?

• TheYellingMute

TheYellingMute Void-Bound Voyager

I have found a few issues so far, i know a few have been mentioned but ill put them also in case it helps confirm an issue

-All sounds play regardless of distance if on the same map space, exception is the Caves which seem to play audio for all people despite being on separate floors
                      -Certain cut scenes will teleport ALL players to the location, perhaps its when the host triggers it but it doesnt seem to happen all the time. So far the cutscenes which cause these are (SPOILERS) first trip to Community Center and first cutscene in Pierres Store
                      -Items like furnaces will not show up for other players if they are removed and placed again(not 100% of the time though), doing it again while on the same map seems to fix this.
                      -One player could not complete the 'Initiation' quest by killing 10 slimes, instead he had to kill 10 skeletons, the quests did not update which monster type was necessary. (Note: another player had gone to floor 40 before this player had joined)
                      -When a player donates to the museum not all players get the information on the items already donated.

this one is only a slight annoyance but maybe it can be changed
                      -Items dropped in an attempt to be shared have a tendency to be picked up again by the same person. While giftable items such as foods can simply be given, items like weapons, rings, and boots cannot and either require a chest or multiple attempts to share by dropping them.

• StrykerSwat

StrykerSwat Void-Bound Voyager

A friend has donated items to the Museum, it gives her the information about the item but it doesn't show me the information, it only comes up when I'm inside the museum

• PoeyJoey

PoeyJoey Intergalactic Tourist

Crash when re-entering Pierre's shop after host triggers the Community Center cut-scene.

To be more specific, I went into Pierre's shop and my friend (the host) triggered the Community Center cut-scene. I was then warped out of the shop to the entrance to the town. I crashed after immediately trying to re-enter the shop.

Attached should be the ErrorLog from the event.

Thanks, and keep up the awesome work on the game! :D

Attached Files:

• psluiza

psluiza Master Chief

I'm having problems putting wallpapers since the update, I can not use them in the bedroom, livingroom and kitchen. When I go to the car it says it's sold off.

• Sayurichan

Sayurichan Space Hobo

Hey! My friends and I found this bug where one player starts floating in the position they're in when riding the horse. This happens when two players click on the horse at the same time and even when one player alone repeatedly clicks on the horse. When this happens, the screen is fixated on the horse and the player can "fly" out of the screen and actually out of the map and over water.
                              Here an image and two gifs (sadly I could not upload the gifs into this post). [​IMG]
                              https://gyazo.com/239ce2b272d22fb23fbcfee89b46fe66
                              https://gyazo.com/fc24cdfeeeec0627099bc3e38f607693

Hope this helps!

-Sayuri

• r0xaz

r0xaz Orbital Explorer

Hi, my GF and I started playing today and when the first festival (Egg thing) was due, it just wouldn't load. She is the Host and when she went to the town plaza it said "waiting for players" and as soon as i went there, we just switched scenery to the plaza but there was no event ongoing. Tried to reload it multiple times starting from the same day, different times of day but no luck. By now we just went on with it, checking if other festivals are bugged for us too.
                                Another thing is, that for me, the 2nd player the progress for the community center wont show unless im standing inside the building. Anywhere else and it shows no progress for any bundle in the UI.
                                Also I am only receiving the first recipe on the cooking channel over and over. Works fine for my GF.

• DJKhaos

DJKhaos Intergalactic Tourist

I started this save alone and played up to a few days before the egg festival, then I built a cabin for my brother so he can join. We played until we got to the egg festival, in the morning of the egg festival clint visits my brother (client). I attached the save, it should currently be the day of the egg festival.
                                  The bugs we encountered:

The egg festival isn't there, there is the notification saying it's starting now and entering the town requires both players but once we get in it looks just like a normal day in town. I tried doing the event by myself (while not hosting) and the same thing happens. to reproduce just load the save and walk into town. We tried about 5-10 times in various configurations of who's hosting and or playing but we couldn't get it to work.

Another thing that kept happening to us is that skin color and eye color get mixed up, I couldn't really identify when it happens. I (host) saw both of our characters with his eyes and skin while he (client) saw both characters with my eyes/skin.
                                  All of this happened on 1.3.4

Attached Files:

• Marble Leopard

Marble Leopard Space Hobo

Not OP but I'm having the exact issue, and I've no VAC ban on my Steam account so I'd say that it's unrelated. It's quite an annoyance to see how common this issue is without any acknowledgment by devs whatsoever.

I've tried:
                                    • verifying integrity of game files in Steam
                                    • reinstalling Stardew Valley
                                    • reinstalling Steam
                                    • restarting computer
                                    • restarting internet
                                    • disabling firewall & antivirus

VerticalWindows and viobeth22 like this.
                                    • sammg12

sammg12 Orbital Explorer

Been seeing a few small bugs that I'm sure others have already mentioned, but there is one that is making the game reeeeeeeally difficult to play.
                                      Ever since the 28th of spring, after 6:00 and only on the farm (not inside the player house) just the framerate(?) drops. Like it takes a prolonged click/keypress to move or do anything. So far me and my friend have been able to make it into our homes and sleep for three days in a row, but every night at 6 it just dies.

• generalzee

generalzee Space Hobo

I loaded an old file and anyone to whom I had given gifts have kept their "gifted" status, and I cannot give them any further gifts even after the end of the week.

• Inkyangel

Thank you for answering that. I have a VAC ban from years ago and I was concerned that this was the issue. I agree that it's very annoying that there's no response to this issue yet. It's all over the forums and we have nothing.

Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.