1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Stardew Valley Multiplayer Beta: Known Issues & Fixes

Discussion in 'Support' started by Katzeus, Apr 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ludicrous

Ludicrous Seal Broken

As a guest-player, I am unable to complete the "Craft master" achievement, because guests can't have basements/cellars, meaning you never get the crafting recipee for a "cask".

margotbean likes this.
    • Gojan

Gojan Space Hobo

Multiplayer 1.3: return scepter teleports all players to the host his house.
      Also. every time the other players except the host their house get randomfied. as in they make their house look totally red for example. and a day later it gets changed randomly to something else.

• SamuelVu

SamuelVu Big Damn Hero

Everything I put in the fridge disapeared after logging out for a few hours (and I'm a farmhand if it helps)

• TheIvoryKitty

TheIvoryKitty Poptop Tamer

I have a new issue with the Barn (first version barn, not Deluxe), wherein even though I had grain in each of the stalls, the cows had not eaten the next day and were angry and 'looking a little thin.' The grain, however, has disappeared as if they had eaten.

This is different than the other known bug of the same sort which has already been reported in this thread, since the other bug only appears to occur with animals fed by the auto-feed system in nicer barns. I had not had the issue previously while playing the multiplayer beta, and interestingly enough, the next in-game day, the problem seemed to have resolved itself.

We are playing multiplayer on LAN with two people. I am the host. We created a new multiplayer game together when multiplayer came out and do not use add-ons.

• 7firebolt

7firebolt Intergalactic Tourist

3 bugs all occurred in a multiplayer game
            1) Spouses and the dog occasionally glitch out and end up in accessible spots on the farm(First and Second picture)
            2) Multiple spouses on one farm glitch out when they're in the garden(Third picture)
            3) If you close and re-open the shop in the sewer the inventory of the shop is restocked(infinite iridium sprinklers if you have the money)
            20180527114037_1.jpg
            20180530120452_1.jpg 20180526180505_1.jpg

• jl1573

jl1573 Space Hobo

Alex is being weird, sometimes in single player he will end up behind the coop first thing in the morning instead of his usual spots. He does eventually get sent somewhere else (he never walks, just disappears). This has happened a couple of times.

upload_2018-5-30_14-44-50.png

Last edited: May 30, 2018
              • Rexsmom

Rexsmom Space Hobo

I went to upgrade my coop to a big coop and it's not available. The only thing available is the deluxe coop, which shouldn't be because I only have the base model! Help anyone?

• spacedoggity

spacedoggity Void-Bound Voyager

The alternate break up scene with the male bachelors where you avoid it by bringing a rabbit's foot with you seems to be broken - it launches into the break up/cold shoulder version of the scene immediately after, and the bachelors will only give you the dumped dialogue if you talk to them after. You remain at 10 hearts with them despite that.

Tried reloading the day a second time, got the same results.

Edit: the code was missing a trigger that prevented the break up scene from loading if you'd already seen the alternative. Made a working fix for myself here.

• MrsEvilbird

MrsEvilbird Pangalactic Porcupine

My friend had placed a furniture in her house, while i was helping her decorate,
                    when i clicked it to move it (it was a wood bench) and right clicked to turn it around in any other direction,
                    it broke completly, showing one half of the normal bench, and half or a steel bench.
                    (they weren't connected, one piece would face north while the other half would face west)
                    sadly didn't take a screenshot of it. if it happens again i'll edit the post.

Other issue we've had was that after A house upgrade (any upgrade) for both of us,
                    the wall paper and floor would randomly switch around or to something new, if we entered eachothers houses.

• MouseyPounds

MouseyPounds Cosmic Narwhal

The updated version of event 195013 (Saloon confrontation with the single men) will trigger immediately after the new rabbit foot version (195099) because it is missing the 'k 195099' key to make them mutually exclusive.

felipe.morais92 likes this.
                      • Koihime Nakamura

Koihime Nakamura Ketchup Robot

So, from discord:

We were looking into what happens when two farmers have a kid. It .. will randomly crash, since it doesn't have a "I couldn't get the unique ID, so we need to stop."

EDIT: Let me expand.

The function in question is:

Code:
                        public PlayerCoupleBirthingEvent()        
                         {             
                        this.spouseID = Game1.player.team.GetSpouse(Game1.player.UniqueMultiplayerID).Value;             Game1.otherFarmers.TryGetValue(this.spouseID, out this.spouse);            
                         this.farmHouse = this.chooseHome();         }

Since the ID might be false if the spouse isn't on, this will return nothing, or no NPC. This will cause a crash, since there's no sanity checking here.

• SHeikVoigt

SHeikVoigt Space Hobo

Hello there!
                          My boyfriend and I discovered that if he is playing Journey of the Prairie King at 2am it pushes him out of it, but instead of sending him home, he can enter back into the game and play perpetually and I, asleep in bed, am stuck in a black screen until he decides to stop.

Also, when we both go to sleep before 2am it forces us to lay in bed until the time naturally hits 2am unless one of us gets out of bed and attempts to walk outside which triggers the earnings and save screen.

Next, if he is the secondary player and gets married, his spouse goes to the main house instead of being in his own and hangs out on the main house porch instead of being anywhere around his little home.

Lastly, When the main player is in the mine and the mine music kicks in, it also plays on the secondary player's computer even if they are at the beach or in town.

• xNayuta

xNayuta Intergalactic Tourist

Thank you so much! :catwink:

• Jammyc93

Jammyc93 Void-Bound Voyager

I had just entered the secret woods as my partner was in the mines and it crashed on us

Attached Files:

• MischievousFoxx

MischievousFoxx Space Hobo

I'm not sure if this has been reported before but here we go;

Due to a miscommunication, when my 2 friends and I got the community center open, I forgot to go inside to check the thing. Well in turn, All my progress on that ended up being 1 day behind. Now, the bug is that they both can access the same items, gifts, etc from the community center, while for me it doesn't show what they put in, nor what I put in. It actually rewards me completely separate from them. Assuming that wasn't the intention because that means we can have them completed at separate times as well as gain double the amount of items, I thought I should report that it happens.

My idea for a fix would be, once the host has gone through any major events such as unlocking the community center, it should automatically give it to anyone else in the game without relying on everyone having to go out of their way to accomplish it in case there is a miscommunication like that. It also makes me wonder if a new player joins in at a later time if the bug happens to them as well.

• Koihime Nakamura

Koihime Nakamura Ketchup Robot

Was that with today's patch?

• Grandro

Grandro Space Hobo

I encountered two bugs on my farmer journey so far and one bugs me out (haha, get it?) pretty much, so I decided to report them. I am sorry if they were mentioned before, but I didn't see them:

1) I picked up Lewis Shorts twice. I don't know exactly what happened anymore, but I remember having a sprinkler in my hand and the second pickup looked kinda weired.
                                    2) The fishing minigame at the Stardew Valley Fair doesn't work at all:

If I enter the tent, I can't move at all and when I press the fishing button the bar appears but stays empty and the player's animation freezes. The game stays frozen after the timer runned out too.
                                    If I don't cast the rod im still stuck in place but the i get out of the minigame after the time ran out and the game resumes as normal. I tried it 3 times now and it always occured.

I use the latest version of Stardew Valley (updated 30.05.18). You can just use my save file and experience it yourself.

Attached Files:

• Slendermando

Slendermando Intergalactic Tourist

Other bug found :

The game completely freezes at the fishing mini-game during Stardew valley fair. Had to restart my game.
                                      Although the timer still goes on, but at 0:00, nothing happens.

• lilpetunia

lilpetunia Void-Bound Voyager

I am having the exact same issue and came here to report this. I also had double mouse pointers. Attached are some screenshots of what it looked like as the timer counted down.

Attached Files:

• IceRain

IceRain Intergalactic Tourist

I really don't think disconnect players when latency happens is a good idea. This game is trend to be played with friends, not random matching, so i won't want any of us disconnect because lag issues. I think a better idea is ask the host if he want to pause the game for the dropping player to catch up (somehow like what you see in Heart of Iron, game goes slower when a client can't catch up), and give the host power to kickoff the dropping player.

Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.