1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Stardew Valley Multiplayer Beta: Known Issues & Fixes

Discussion in 'Support' started by Katzeus, Apr 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Koihime Nakamura

Koihime Nakamura Ketchup Robot

SMAPI crashes do not belong in this thread. Report those first in the SMAPI thread.

Talizora likes this.
    • OracleCat

OracleCat Yeah, You!

Just a couple minor things.

Cranberries gets weird plurals sometimes in npc dialog. Abigail didn't like my cranberriess.

During Clint's 3 heart event, Shane places his beer underneath the table.

Attached Files:

• RogueB

RogueB Aquatic Astronaut

I found another bug where if you try to move furniture, when you "pick it up" (i.e when you can see the translucent version of the furniture to help you figure out where to place it) since the furniture isn't removed until you actually place it down - if more than one person "picks up" the furniture, the furniture can be duplicated when placed.

Additionally, my friend and I put all our tools into one chest, so he took 'my' axe since there's no way to tell who's is who's. The next day, I got mail from Lewis saying "someone found your axe, you must have dropped it" (something along those lines) and there was an axe attached to the letter. So now we've got 3 axes, since I didn't actually lose mine, but my friend took it instead.

• Draco Darkness

Draco Darkness Void-Bound Voyager

I'm sorry, and thanks, I'm getting going :3

• Waterproof_Bubbles

Waterproof_Bubbles Orbital Explorer

Alright, I'm not sure if this is strictly a multiplayer issue or not. However, in my multiplayer game the was suddenly a day where one of my chickens disappeared. Now, I am aware of the wild animal attacks, but I'm sure my friend and I had the door close, in addition the other chickens did not have the 'is paranoid' response when checking on them. They were happy. And the more important thing to note about this is when we went to Marnie to buy a new chicken we discovered the game was still listing the coop as full. So now we have a coop that holds 1 less than maximum.

Edit: And of course I can't just sell the chicken because too sell them I need to be able to click on them. Perhaps there could be an option at Marnie's to buy back chickens?

Last edited: May 16, 2018
            • Nutmeg0513

Nutmeg0513 Intergalactic Tourist

I'm having problem regaining energy while laying in my bed in single player mode. I can regain energy while in multi-player with friends, but in single player I cannot. I have uninstalled the game, updated it, made a new save, and still nothing has worked. I know it got patched but it still doesn't work for me.

• wendymarlowe

wendymarlowe Intergalactic Tourist

Not sure if this is new or not, but I just got the Master Angler / "catch every fish" achievement without having actually caught every fish. (I did get the three from the winter festival but am still missing void salmon and slimejack.)

Then again, I FINALLY got the master angler achievement :-D

• koixuffy

koixuffy Void-Bound Voyager

Is it normal for the game to stop the host when farmhand accidentally milk the same cow twice?

• user369

user369 Space Hobo

Hello!

In this vast amount of posts, I dont know if these bugs are already mentioned:
                    • as the non-host player, i dont have the furnace and can't get it anymore because the event doesn't trigger. Quests etc is the same. (I read that you fixed this. I will test it right away)
                    • once Steam updated a game in the background while i was playing SV, I realized that i was hours behind the true game time. So "laag" is one part of desyncing time ingame.
                    • some Monsters that are invincible to the host (like those flying things in the skull cavern), can be killed by the non-host players
                    • there is sometimes a bug that allows non-host players, to get double loot. Simple example: looting stuff in a barn and instead of 1 egg, you get 2. Same for destroying barrels in the mine.
                    • There is a soundbug that occurs sometimes when a player "joins" the farm area, for example from the south entrance, then suddenly every sound stops and went silent. Then I only hear the chopping of wood for example.

• Zaflis

Zaflis Pangalactic Porcupine

You were never supposed to regain energy in bed, if it doesn't mean day change. See first post's changelog:
                      • (Fixed) Beds regenerating energy in single player

• Augesdal

Augesdal Space Hobo

Seeing the bug fixes today are really awesome, but I don't see anything about the guest/host interactions and issues where for example quests can be doubled up on but the guest cannot get event currencies (fall fair) or stardrops/dungeon drops. Also seeing issues where the guests' Stat bonuses (if my cohort has 10% crop price) not applying. Any word on if all these are intended or if they're bugs yet to be resolved? They really seem to punish the guest for being the guest, which seems to me defeats the purpose of the game

• xxTopher

xxTopher Space Hobo

The button in the menu that lets you view community center bundles only works for host correctly, will only let me look at one page of the bundles and even the ones that are done show up as not done (not the host of the game, just a farmhand)

• faithstark11

faithstark11 Yeah, You!

• When I'm milking the goat and it is out of milk, EVERYONE gets the "(name) is out of milk," and it has ruined cut scenes for others.
                            • The Feast of the Winter Star's Secret Santa is broken. One year, I had Vincent as my Secret Santa, but I could only give my gift to George. A year later, I had the same problem. Jas was my Secret Santa, but I could only give my gift to Emily. This happened to the other farmhand too, but the host doesn't have this problem.
                            • The holes and ladders in the Skull Cavern are inconsistent with every player. Usually, I will get a ladder while my friend gets a hole even though it is in the same spot.
                            • The fortune teller on the television gives everyone a different fortune. I am not sure if this is intended or not.
                            • When someone enters my house, the wallpaper and flooring change. I now have dino wallpaper in my bedroom.
                            • When I upgraded my house to Upgrade 2, my nightstand ended up in my kitchen instead of my bedroom like the host's did. [​IMG]

• Learka

Learka Space Hobo

Starting in Fall Year 1, unable to sell certain items to Pierre (some example were hops, red mushrooms, and sunflowers) without crashing the game. This would occur for host and clients. Sometimes selling items though shipping bin would crash the server at the end of the day before saving.

Attached Files:

jjyy likes this.
                              • Fayne Aldan

Fayne Aldan Aquatic Astronaut

Seeing other players in the spa without clothes causes visual weirdness. When they're not moving (If I remember correctly?), it shows glitched out jeans on their sprite.

• keytars

keytars Void-Bound Voyager

I have a friend who is still having the LAN only issue on the current build; just updated. She's on a mac, so she can't do the listed workaround either. I can ask for any specifics if necessary.

• fwooshfrog

fwooshfrog Void-Bound Voyager

Whenever someone who does not own a house enters that house, and the house has been upgraded once, the floor will either reset to give the kitchen kitchen tile, or it will give the entire house kitchen tile.

Fair fishing minigame causes a freeze just by starting it.

Is it supposed to be true that only one player can get mine rewards? Because the lack of stardrop for everyone else concerns me.

• kittymeewow

kittymeewow Orbital Explorer

Soooo I created a new file or person to start a new farm and it allowed me to do that but once i hit the okay button (or whatever it says to start the game) It crashed on me. So every time i log in now to try and play I go to hit a farm/file to play and then it crashes. It doesn't matter which farm i pick to play now it just crashes. It will show the loading screen for maybe 5 seconds and then crash. I played last night but i didn't create a new person i just used an old farm i had before i downloaded the beta and it worked perfect. Just for added info for you I don't know if it matters or not i did have the skip intro button selected before hitting the button to start the game in the player creation window.
                                      I also, removed or updated the mods that weren't working with the beta and that still did not fix the crashing.
                                      Also when i try to upload the save file it gives me this error "The uploaded file does not have an allowed extension."

Attached Files:

• Koihime Nakamura

Koihime Nakamura Ketchup Robot

This is a SMAPI error, and doesn't belong here. (Although they're working on an update)

• kittymeewow

kittymeewow Orbital Explorer

do you have any suggestions? Should i remove the SMAPI?

Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.