1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Stardew Valley Multiplayer Beta: Known Issues & Fixes

Discussion in 'Support' started by Katzeus, Apr 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaylee_B98

Kaylee_B98 Seal Broken

Hi, having an issue where gifting NPCs doesnt reset. It always shows they have two gifts for the week even if i havent given them a gift, or if i have it hasnt reset since the last gift given. Hoping for a fix soon, thanks! :) :) :)

• Koihime Nakamura

Koihime Nakamura Ketchup Robot

From Reddit:

parabolic paradise likes this.
      • chasennash

chasennash Intergalactic Tourist

I have a few crashes in my log file. They have all happened in the caverns and it is usually when dropping down multiple levels from holes. Included my logs and save.

Attached Files:

• Meachday

Meachday Lucky Number 13

There is an issue with using bombs in the mines when the host is not around. The bombs disappear and continue to hiss for the time that you remain on the floor. This is the same for the skull cavern as well. They do not clear out any area but they vanish as if they have exploded.

• Meachday

Meachday Lucky Number 13

Barrels or chests tend to duplicate their output when broken in the mines. It makes double the noise and has two breaking animations. It may not be a horrible issue when there is good items like gold or geodes, but when there is lead rods it fills your inventory pretty good.

Also there is an issue with Kent not showing up for the egg festival for the farm hands when it is the second year. The host views them just fine, but I could not see him. He showed up for the flower dance just fine though.

kagasemi likes this.
            • vhunt

vhunt Void-Bound Voyager

- Hardwood Fence, Cheese Press and Quality Sprinkler recipes did not unlock when reaching Farming level 6
              - Linus sent me Fish Taco recipe on the mail upon reaching 3 hearts. On the next day, he sent the correct Sashimi recipe
              - Door opening sounds playing randomly

• singingmiri

singingmiri Poptop Tamer

Hello,

without having read the whole 225 pages above, I'd like to report the bugs and issues we found so far in our multiplayer. Just for information: We started a new game, my friend being host. At first we played with a rather bad internet connection on my end. It worked surprisingly well, although we experienced some de-syncs (me not being able to open chests on the farm or simply dropping out of the game when we were both in the mines), but since yesterday I'm back in my high-speed internet connection and none of this happened, so I think these were really only related to the bad internet connection. These are the things, we believe, have nothing to do with the internet connection or happened just yesterday:

- when the host goes in the mines and I'm not, I occasionally get the hear the music usually played in the mines. We're not even sure if I hear the same music he hears at the time. Obviously, that's not a big problem, only a bit strange.
                - when starting the game the sound for me is as load as if it was maximized. In the settings however it looks like I left it. To turn the sound down again, I have to move the bars a bit around until it's at the volume I prefer. This occurs everytime I start the game.
                - when someone tries milking cows that have no milk at the moment, not only the person trying to do so gets the message "this cow has no milk right now", but apparently everyone - regardless of what they're doing. In our case, the host was just reeling in a fish and lost it, because he had to click away the message before being able to continue reeling it in.
                - we went to robin to build the coop the day before a festival in spring (don't remember which one it was). Apparently, you shouldn't do that, because that night the game crashed for the host. We tried several times before connecting the issue to the festival. We just outwaited that and it worked after that. I don't remember that being a problem in singleplayer so far, so I guess it's a bug in multiplayer mode.
                - during the soirit's eve festival I was first to get through the maze to the chest. I couldn't open the chest, however, so no golden pumpkin for me. :( Only the host could open it. I assume there is always only one pumpkin in the chest, which is alright, but why can't I have it as well? (And this wasn't related to my internet connection, because that was only yesterday when I had highspeed internet)
                - There seems to be another bug related to the night market event. So here is the story: second night of the night market, the host went deep sea fishing and stayed out until 2 p.m. to max the time for fishing to make up for the 1000 gold he spent on this. Obviously he fainted. Although the funny thing is, he fainted thrice. First in the submarine, then in the entrance of his home, finally in his bed. But at least, we were able to play further after this. Not, when I tried the same thing the night after. I also went deep sea fishing until 2 p.m. The thing is, I didn't faint. at 2 p.m. the clock stopped and I couldn't fish anymore, but I didn't faint as well. So, in the end, I asked the guy to get me up again. I thought I would probably faint, when I leave the market, so I made my way home. I didn't faint when I got in town, not when I entered the farm, not when I entered the house. I could even go to bed normally. But that was, when the game stuck. After saying "Yes" to the question whether I wanted to sleep, I got the message that I was waiting for the other player. The host on the other hand was waiting for me apparently and couldn't stop sleeping anymore. So, there we were, stuck in the phase. At last, I just left the game and the host was able to save the game.

These were the bugs we found so far. In general we think it works great already - far better that I would have expected in an open beta. There is one thing that really bothered me, however. I'm not sure whether it is a bug or if it is intended to be that way. That was when we reached level 100 in the mines, which is when you get the stardrop. We had already noticed that the item received in the previous chests are there only one, so only one player receives it. That's okay, we can live with that. However, on level 100 I thought it was a bit unfair that only one could receive the stardrop. After all, we had both done our bit to get to that level, but only the first to reach it, received it, which makes it for every other player impossible to receive all stardrops. As I said, I can live with not getting the better swords, shoes or whatever it is, but in case of the stardrop I had hoped it's different, because this is something you can't buy (not this partcular one at least). On other occasions it is possible for all players to receive the stardrop - at least as far as I can tell (it worked for example at the stardew valley fair). So, in my opinion, it would be only fair, if all players could also get the one on level 100 in the mines.

Apart from that we still think it's a great game and we really love the new features of the multiplayer. Great work!

Best,
                singingmiri

Last edited: May 16, 2018
                • davidagl

davidagl Space Hobo

I have found if you pause the game in any game alone (SP or alone in MP) while laying down in bed, you still restore energy. So you can refill all your energy while time is stopped.

• ldkv

ldkv Void-Bound Voyager

I just received a new 2.2MB update on Steam, any news on what it is ? The first post is not updated anymore.

Frundan likes this.
                    • Turtleswatter

Turtleswatter Space Hobo

Same here except I don't even get a rod, the game just freezes and the timer goes down to zero. Just stood there and have to close whole game.

Jexdar likes this.
                      • SacDChips

SacDChips Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Just wait, We will be informed in a short time :)

• Katzeus

Katzeus Chucklefisherman Chucklefish

Version 1.3.11 is live now!
                          • (Fixed) Beds regenerating energy in single player
                          • (Fixed) Bomb framerate/delay issues (testing some
                          • (Fixed) Farmhand crash when junimo is out at the farm
                          • (Fixed) Inability to use emojis while chatting when menu was up
                          • (Fixed) Fishing tackle breaking after one use
                          • (Fixed) Winter8 festival overwriting first item when playing in Chinese
                          • (Fixed) Forgetting level ups when disconnected
                          • (Fixed) Lost stardrop stamina after disconnect
                          • (Fixed) Crafting recipes vanishing when disconnected
                          • (Fixed) Non slime monsters being tracked in "Initiation" quest
                          • (Fixed) Quests breaking or not tracking properly when disconnected
                          • (Fixed) Weather report always sunny after reload

MiruSigna, HanFox, ldkv and 1 other person like this.
                          • Shoyru

Shoyru Void-Bound Voyager

do you guys think you can note next to each issue in the main post what patch they were thought to be fixed in from here on out? its kind of confusing just seeing a bunch of issues and not knowing if they apply to recent versions or not especially if we're looking to reproduce the issue to make sure its gone. having to scroll through pages of this thread to see the occasional post with a patch number and issues thought to be fixed in it is quite inefficient for the people looking for quick information about current and past issues that could potentially be available on page 1.

MiruSigna and Art3misPrim3 like this.
                            • Henshu

Henshu Space Hobo

The "Gunther can tell you more" description is only replaced for the player who donates the item to the museum. If the other person goes in and picks up and re-drops all of the items, they get the proper descriptions and the original player's revert back.

• Katzeus

Katzeus Chucklefisherman Chucklefish

Sure - let me see what I can do!

• Jurk0wski

Jurk0wski Orbital Explorer

Reiterating the 2 bugs I still have, and bringing up a couple more.

#1: If you pet an animal when its mood is at or near max (not friendship which are hearts, mood is the sentence beneath the hearts that tells you how the animal currently feels.) and you have the lvl 10 profession for that animal, either barn or coop, the animal's mood will rollover to a low value. This used to affect all petting, but non-profession petting was fixed a while back, while profession petting was not.

#2: During all seasons other than winter, if you stay up past 6PM, your animal's moods will slowly drain over time until they are at or below roughly half the maximum. This is an issue for 2 reasons. 1: The animals are supposed to be going to sleep after 6pm, nothing should affect them. 2: an animal's chance of quality and type of product is based on a combination of its friendship and mood at the time of day's start, meaning that the drain from the previous night will impact the next day's product.

Assuming the decompiled code seen via modder tools is accurate, I can point out exactly where these two first bugs exist and how to fix them. I've been trying to get these two bugs fixed for a long time.

#3: In winter, villager requests will often be for Catfish, which is impossible to catch in winter as far as I'm aware. (unless it can be caught in a certain spoilery area, but I haven't tried yet, and even then that seems like an oversight to be fixed)

#4: The night market's map has no ocean fish, just trash. It is impossible to collect ocean fish for requests while the night market is active.

#5: I'm unsure if this is a new or old bug, but after gifting villagers, they sometimes become impossible to talk to until the next day. This most often happens when gifting on their birthday.

• Floks

Floks Space Hobo

Hi! I have an issue. I am playing with my friend and i have two hearths with Emily. If i go to her house an animation is starting then game is suddenly closing.

• Frundan

Frundan Space Spelunker

Two minor bugs, both found in single player:

- slimes can't lunge properly anymore, they seemingly hit an invisible wall as soon as they pounce making them a lot easier to take care of
                                      - the first book in the library available by the default can't be read until another lost book is found

Art3misPrim3 likes this.
                                      • Triva

Triva Space Hobo

Found Bug:
                                        Only the Host of the game can hear/gets the message that the train is arriving.

edit: And I agree, you shouldnt just add the fixed bugs to a big list at first page, if you copy the text of fixed bugs to the first page, why not add the patch number above before continue.

Like:
                                        Patch 1.0
                                        - fixed bla
                                        - fixed bla
                                        - fixed bla
                                        Patch 1.2
                                        - fixed bla
                                        - fixed bla
                                        - fixed bla
                                        - fixed bla
                                        Patch 1.2.01
                                        - fixed bla
                                        - fixed bla
                                        Patch 1.4.05
                                        - fixed bla
                                        - fixed bla
                                        - fixed bla

Last edited: May 16, 2018
                                          Togepeep likes this.
                                        • blobfish75

blobfish75 Space Hobo

Same problem here. We had almost a full museum and after I rearranged things, most of the museum artifacts disappeared entirely. Super disappointing that we have to re-donate everything now.

Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.