1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Stardew Valley Multiplayer Beta: Known Issues & Fixes

Discussion in 'Support' started by Katzeus, Apr 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Koihime Nakamura

Koihime Nakamura Ketchup Robot

The first beta was, the current one isn't. Some reports were due to not updating.

• thearbiter

thearbiter Space Hobo

In single-player, not running SMAPI. Year one at the Stardew Valley Fair, the fishing minigame freezes completely when trying to cast the line. Can't move, and the timer did not count down in the background. Had to force the game closed and restart the day to resume play.

The sprite for the horse also disappears when moving from map to map. It reappears once the next area has loaded, and has no gameplay effects, just a graphical error.

Attached Files:

MiruSigna and kagasemi like this.
      • FarmerGlaceon

FarmerGlaceon Space Hobo

So I'm having a problem, I'm using a multiplayer farm by myself and I keep running into a problem, Specifically the Stardew Festival, When ever I go use the fishing tent and play it, I try to toss out the Bobber like normal, but the bar freezes, and my character is stuck in a animation, yet it still shows the Power bar, so it locks up the game, and have to fully reset the game, (for some reason it wont let me upload the save file)

Attached Files:

kagasemi likes this.
        • davidagl

davidagl Space Hobo

I am new to these forums, is it okay to post things here that might be considered a gameplay exploit?

• Nuralea82

Nuralea82 Space Hobo

Found a bug with upgrading tools. If I disconnect while Clint is upgrading my tools, the next day after I rejoin I am given a brand new tool with no upgrades. I go talk to Clint, and he has nothing. Given that disconnects are common, it makes upgrading tools very difficult. It doesn't appear to matter what level it is upgraded to, I always have to start over at the beginning.

Edit: I am not the host, and yes we are now using the work-around where the host does all the upgrades and we pass the tools back and forth. Still, it is a bug.

Last edited: May 16, 2018
              kagasemi likes this.
            • wizardismybf

wizardismybf Space Hobo

BUG: JUNIMO HUT PURCHASE
              as a non host player, on a mac computer (host is on PC), after purchasing junimo hut from wizard see following bugs:
              • immediate crash after purchase of junimo hut is plotted by non host player
              • non host player unable to see junimos (shadow only) upon restarting game
              • non host player clicks on junimo hut/bag or is near it, game crashes immediately
              • non host player reconnects to game and experiences immediate crashes upon getting out of bed
              Please help </3

kagasemi likes this.
              • enrys

enrys Space Spelunker

• kazoodle

kazoodle Poptop Tamer

I decided to rearrange the artifacts and gems we had in the museum and when I went back the next day nearly every single items was gone! We had some duplicates of stuff we already donated so we tried donating those and it worked. All our progress has been almost totally undone and it's really disheartening. I've included a picture of what it looks likes (we had a good luck day with mining and got some stuff back, but it's still not everything we lost). The entire left side table, the top 2 tables, 1/2 of the bottom middle table, and almost all of the right table were full.

Attached Files:

kagasemi likes this.
                • Valdras86

Valdras86 Space Spelunker

Couple of issues encountered so far in a 3 player game.

• Notification that animal does not have milk interrupts all players regardless of location
                  • 3 chickens have disappeared for all players, still count as being in coop but do not eat or appear, even after a month.
                  • Tooltips on if something has been handed into Gunther do not update.
                  • Not sure if bug, but Mine chest rewards are shared.
                  • Stardrops are earned jointly but only one person gains the benefit. (not sure if bug)

• pengiraffe

pengiraffe Lucky Number 13

Hi, I am playing this game in Korean (which is a translation made by a big fan of Stardew Valley), so I might make some issues like using keywords that are not exactly the same as the official English version.

I was playing this game with my boyfriend as a co-op mode. We started from the beginning by hosting new farm. We tried to clear the missions at the same time, but we couldn't for the bundle.
                    I attached the screen captures below (Sorry, I don't know how to resize them. They are in original size.)
                    The language was set in English just for the screen capture.

[​IMG]

This is when I checked my bundle list(?) from the inventory. (the one comes up when ESC button is pressed)
                    By this time, my boyfriend already has completed the Spring one (the green top one) but my screen says it has not completed.
                    Of course, I cannot see other lists too, such as Fish Tank.
                    So I went to the Pelican Town building and checked the bundle list again.

Then, this is what I got:
                    [​IMG]

As you can see, the spring one has completed.
                    Then I checked whether I can see the other ones:
                    [​IMG]

I was able to see the Fish Tank too, even my inventory screen says I have not completed any of Crafts Room.
                    I guess I can fill in the fish in the bundle, but I have not tried it yet.

I am unsure whether missions are supposed to be shared or not. It was not written on the post about beta version.
                    Other quests are not shared; my boyfriend has completed the mine until 25th floor by his own, and I can use the elevator.
                    However, my quest list says I have to go to the 5th floor of the mine.

If the bundles are not supposed to be shared, then it should be fixed that I can fill in my own bundle.
                    If the bundles are supposed to be shared, the progress should be reflected on my inventory screen too.

Please check whether this is a bug or not. Sorry for the long thread.

Thank you!

kagasemi likes this.
                    • TheStoryTeller

TheStoryTeller Void-Bound Voyager

Grubs go immortal (ethereal) after a few hits, neither taking nor giving damage. They will act this way for a couple seconds before going into their armored cocoon state. It seems to be based on damage taken rather than time but it makes them impossible to kill before they hatch into bugs.

parabolic paradise likes this.
                      • pyrochicken

pyrochicken Master Chief

Not sure if this counts as a bug or if it's intended to be this way, but flowers grown in the new garden pots don't affect honey, even when placed in range of bee hives.

20180515223541_1.jpg

• Iris_Nightshade

Iris_Nightshade Intergalactic Tourist

Same thing happens to me, my friends aren't hearing the doors as much as I do but one confirmed hearing footsteps in the community center tho

• notthesun

notthesun Void-Bound Voyager

Until the fall fair fishing game and slingshot game are fixed I can’t play. That’s basically the only ways to get points! No updates since last Wednesday on fixes :(

• Geabora

Geabora Intergalactic Tourist

Hello,

I just found a bug with my friend, I'm the connected player and if the host is in shop talking to the vendor. I can drop a bomb, but it won't explode until he leave the conversation with the vendor. We didn't try with the host dropping bomb and the connected player talking to a shop manager.

Thanks!

• Brigid

Brigid Space Hobo

Yes, I've tried many times and have even re-downloaded the game and the beta. Nothing seems to work. Just the same "connecting to online services" page.

• Sidmarill

Sidmarill Void-Bound Voyager

hi there, just adding my two cents. these are from playing multiplayer with a friend. (no mods)

- when player 2 fixes the bridge at the beach next to Elliot's home and player 1 is in the same area, it will not update for player 1 and still prompts for the wood to repair it. leaving the area and coming back fixes it.
                                  - when both players are in the area together we can hear each other's sound effects regardless of distance. eg; i can hear their footsteps or them opening a chest.
                                  - when player 2 has placed bait in traps around the town, and disconnects, the bait disappears for everyone. have not tried to see if they still disappear if player 1 places it instead.
                                  - can constantly hear farmlife while away from the farm. including in the mines, skull cavern, in town, etc. mooooo.

sorry if any are repeats. it's hard to scour the entire thread. but i think it will bring attention to them regardless. glad to be of help and good luck to the bug squashers. :coffee:

• Goliath31

Goliath31 Space Hobo

I don't know if it's been reported already, but there's a bug when on multiplayer where when someone other than host does the final cut scene with Emily where you go to the secret forest. My fiends character went to sleep but it didn't count him as a player asleep and therefor we couldn't move forward because his screen was all black and my screen said 1 of 2 players asleep. Is this something you can look into?
                                    Thanks!

• Koihime Nakamura

Koihime Nakamura Ketchup Robot

Well, that's another fix down. =/

• CasualAddicts

CasualAddicts Yeah, You!

yes please do, hopefully it will be one of the things fixed quickly. (if it's simple enough) there have been reports of duping items and horses, so i don't think that there is much worse! xD

Thread Status:
                                        Not open for further replies.