1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Stardew Valley Multiplayer Beta: Known Issues & Fixes

Discussion in 'Support' started by Katzeus, Apr 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wikis

Wikis Intergalactic Tourist

Hello, while playing coop with a friend, the following bugs have occurred:

- Double loot in the mines (Boots from the chest, stuff from boxes/barrels/monsters [Triggered multiple times]
    - When lightning hits a cobblestone path & I (The host) put it back, sometimes the other player cannot see it, so I have to break it & put it back again [Triggered a couple of times]
    - When I put fruits/vegetables in the jars & then I run left or right, the animation of the jars moves in a fast speed [Triggered multiple times]
    - One time I managed to put a vegetable in one jar & it finished instantly [Triggered once]
    - Sound gets paused so I gather resources with no sound, then a few minutes later all of the sounds well.. sound together & give me a heart attack [Triggered multiple times]

We both have Windows 10. I'm not sure about our version but it might've been 1.3.8 .

Cheers.

• budewarmin

budewarmin Scruffy Nerf-Herder

In multiplayer when one of us fills the bowl for the cat with water, on the other's screen the bowl doesnt show up as filled.

margotbean and Aytie like this.
      • hp2theend

hp2theend Intergalactic Tourist

found a weird glitch where maru was in her work clothes and giving work dialog while in bed?

Attached Files:

• TehPers

TehPers Void-Bound Voyager

This isn't a bug report, and I know this isn't really my place, but may I suggest creating a public repository on GitHub so people can post issues there? That way they can be labelled, easily listed, searched through, etc. Here's an example of what I mean.

• di_liciousss

di_liciousss Poptop Tamer

Same issue with having gift receiver randomly switching to someone else. We just thought we read it wrong in the letter!

• FranckKnight

FranckKnight Void-Bound Voyager

It's likely to be another bug actually, where the '10 slimes' is the wrong text. It's actually a different monster completely, but you won't know until you kill at least one of them, where the quest text will change on its own as it updates the quantities.

For me it was the red slimes, I had reached the lower floors before getting the quest (it took them a few days to give it to me). So it might be what happened to your friend, if you had reached lower floors, it's possible that this quest asks you for monsters on the levels you have reached.

• Jadeclo

Jadeclo Space Hobo

• parabolic paradise

parabolic paradise Subatomic Cosmonaut

New beta version; new test of my particular issue.

Not a bug, but I had a bizarre string of RNG that resulted in me not encountering a single grub from floor 15 until floor 19. So my report this time can offer slightly more detail since I was close enough to go ahead and grab the level 20 Steel Smallsword. :)

-Grubs are still invulnerable once they reach their panic state (5 HP, according to another user). They cannot hurt you while in this state even if you walk right through them, and sword swings treat them as if they are not even there.

-This occurs with both a Rusty Sword and a Steel Smallsword, with the aforementioned user reporting that it can happens with an Iron Edge if they are unlucky enough with the damage rolls for it to reach 5 HP or less.

-When they do turn into a cocoon they become more tangible (you cannot walk through them now), but still do not display red '0' damage indicators or make the loud clang sound that they used to.

• xThaWolf

xThaWolf Space Hobo

Hmm thats quite interesting, thanks! we only reached lvl 70 so far, so let's see :D
                  Luckily mates can drop swords :)

• Art3misPrim3

Art3misPrim3 Intergalactic Tourist

I've noticed two issues:

1) When walking into the community center to add items to a bundle, if you walk up to the block/scroll and click on it while still pressing the walk key, the walking sound continues for the duration of the time you're adding items to the bundle (even after the walk key is released). However, if you exit out of the bundle screen , the walking sound stops. This does not happen if the walk key is released before entering the bundle screen.

2) The first book you find for the museum is unreadable (the message "there is a book missing here" is displayed) even though the graphic for a new book is shown, until a second book is found. Afterwards, both books are readable.

• donjon6

donjon6 Space Hobo

when i (host) go in my house late, get unconscious and my friend (hand) was already in bed i wake up with full energy and he suffers from no recovery at all. (no use of any glitches)

• Katzeus

Katzeus Chucklefisherman Chucklefish

Actually this one is 20, here are the details on 14(secret note spoilers)
                        This bug for note 20 was after upgrading Pam's house the map changed in town and didn't include the note location.

The issue with secret note 14 was fixed, but that may not apply retroactively to saves. This won't be an issue for players who are starting new files, or players who transferred from 1.2 to 1.3 after v1.3.6.

Unfortunately the fix can't apply to the players who opted in before that. However, once spring 2 rolls around in their game, the hidden statue will re-spawn. ConcernedApe said he didn't want it to re-spawn every day because that might be exploitable & also just weird.

Another thing he pointed out, is that the objective of note 14 does nothing if you've bought a joja membership

kagasemi and margotbean like this.
                        • Art3misPrim3

Art3misPrim3 Intergalactic Tourist

One weather related issue: normally when there is an event the next day, the weather report mentions the event (in my example, the egg festival). However, this only happens if you go from one day to the next. If you quit out to the title screen or desktop and return to the game, the weather report does not mention the event, although there is still a letter in your mailbox mentioning the event.

• SAFCxHarter

SAFCxHarter Void-Bound Voyager

1920x1080 resolution (Fullscreen Mode) Black Borders around the edge...

Latest Version of Multiplayer Beta

Attached Files:

• CasualAddicts

CasualAddicts Yeah, You!

A mysterious duplicate of my horse showed up on the beach, and it persists though sleeping. Not sure what caused it. I'm the only farmhand on a multiplayer LAN server.

Attached Files:

• Nohuhs

Nohuhs Yeah, You!

The post is saying that the LAN only available at launch issue is fixed; however, I still only get the "Join via LAN" option

I am on Mac

• kjekss

kjekss Seal Broken

So, I found another bug:
                                  We entered the Stardew Valley Fair event in fall and I went to the fishing minigame. My friends set up this table with our goods and made it ready to be judged by Lewis during my fishing session. When Lewis judged our table I was still fishing in the minigame and I received a text box saying Lewis just judged our table. That got me stuck in the minigame as I could not close the text box (my fishing rod was in the water waiting for fish to bite). When the time of the minigame ran down and got to 00:00 it did not finish due to the text box that was still showing up. So I could not move or close the text box neither could I end the minigame. I had to close my whole game in order to be able to join again and be actually able to do things.

• Katzeus

Katzeus Chucklefisherman Chucklefish

Could you send over your save/crash log for this one? Would like to take a closer look. Are either of you using any mods?

• BentFX

BentFX Cosmic Narwhal

That's a known glitch that dates back before the 1.3 update. It occurs on festival days. When you leave the festival your clock warps forward to 10pm, but the NPCs are stuck in their morning schedule.

• Smare

Smare Seal Broken

Noticed several bugs while playing with my spouse the last few days. I will try to be as detailed as possible.

Spouse is playing the host farm, I am playing farmhand/P2. Main Farm house is showing only kitchen tiles on flooring through out the entire house. Attempts to change it are over written upon leaving the house or starting a new day.

While trying to ride a second horse on the farm P2 is unable to dismount properly anywhere except the main farm. Attempts to dismount lead to the horse following me on my screen, and appearing still mounted on P1s screen.

CURRENCY!!! P2 Proffesions that effect pricing do not count toward to overall total ammount recieved. P2 professors effectively useless at that point. Currently I have Angler (40%) and Artisan (40%), neither of which are being counted.

Constantly dropping quests for P2. Disconnecting or being booted from the game removes all quests not in the main line. None have sent the mail/letter/quest a second time.

Feast of the Winter Star bug for P2, letter sent did not match "Secret Santa" and rotated to a new NPC. Restarting game switched it once more. Spouse and I tried a couple of times before I gave up trying to plan a gift.

Thank you for all your hard work! :D

Last edited: May 9, 2018
                                        Thread Status:
                                        Not open for further replies.