1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Stardew Valley Multiplayer Beta: Known Issues & Fixes

Discussion in 'Support' started by Katzeus, Apr 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shads

Shads Void-Bound Voyager

When I run my horse over the bridges in the forest, it makes a running through water noise instead of hooves-on-wood noise.

also multiplayer is completely unplayable due to the desync for me.

• quinaua

quinaua Space Hobo

hi! i joined just to report a few things i've found in co-op. one is where if you have the game paused + window mode and switch to another program [such as switching to chrome or discord] a second cursor will appear when you switch back to stardew. ive also seen the sign + stump instead of the chest icon for changing chest colors and then i got a bug where i had the "received a geode" animation but the text + item raised was a stone instead.

Attached Files:

• aslade99

aslade99 Lucky Number 13

Day 5, 1:20. Tried to going into Pierre's and the game crashed.

• batman6489

batman6489 Void-Bound Voyager

started a new game, when I found a geode it read "Found a stone" and showed a stone, not the geode

• TranquillizeMe

TranquillizeMe Space Hobo

Hi! It seems like trash cans have their contents refilled upon entering and then leaving a house/building. I got 50 eggplant parmesans from doing this.

• Myahmore

Myahmore Space Hobo

Hello! I've encountered a bug that caused the game to crash as I slept though the day and left it on the earnings screen for a bit (5-8 minutes) when I was getting some food and it didn't load, I didn't want to leave it alone but I figured during that screen would be a good chance hurry and come back, thank you for all your hard work!! Here's the log!

Attached Files:

• Jacosaurus88

Jacosaurus88 Space Hobo

Day 5, yr 1. Entered from the bottom entrance of the farm. Went through the cutscene where you get your dog/cat from Marnie. After the cutscene, I was stuck in the left side of the bottom entrance and could not move. This occured in both single player and multiplayer-hosted when entering from the bottom (did not occur when entering from townside entrance)

• ShneekeyTheLost

ShneekeyTheLost Master Astronaut

My Water Obelisk seems to have stopped working for some reason... I tried using the ink quill to move it around, but it still doesn't function.

• Styxa

Styxa Space Hobo

Reporting a Bug: When both players pass out from tiredness @ the 2 am mark (1 inside cabin, and another just outside the cabin), the game goes to start the next day, but remains on a black screen until game is force restarted. It restarts that day after starting up the game again.

• LeeroyBr

LeeroyBr Orbital Explorer

[​IMG] [​IMG]
                      I have the same problem, the options to invite friends doesn't appers as well, help.
                      [​IMG]

Attached Files:

viobeth22 and CalciteFox like this.
                      • ashmee

ashmee Poptop Tamer

i also encountered the bug where i received a geode, but the animation told me i got a rock! it happened on my farm, if that's helpful information to know.

my girlfriend also encountered a pretty funny graphical glitch, and it occurred twice, but she only managed to nab one screenshot of it. i was fishing on map, and it looked fine on my screen, but when she went onto the same map that i was fishing on, my character appeared in a spot they weren't with the fishing line extended allll the way to the river. i'm gonna attach the image for reference.

we're both using windows 10!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
                        • TranquillizeMe

TranquillizeMe Space Hobo

Donating things to the museum doesn't save. I wasn't the host player so I don't know if that has anything to do with it. Also, I've noticed that some plants (not specific types of plants, just randomly) don't grow even though you water them. It's very random.

• Poke_Stuck

Poke_Stuck Space Hobo

i've actually experienced quite a few bugs. firstly, when playing with a friend, whenever i went to craft anything, i couldnt craft anything but the starting items even thought i had learned to make things like the furnace and scarecrow, the option wasnt there, also, whenever i check the community center from my inventory, unless i was in the community center, it only showed the starting bundles even though i had unlocked the next few sets. on top of that, the map is glitched to where you have to hover quite a bit over something in order to actually see what it is, also, when i went to talk to Emily while the women were excercising, the game crashed to desktop, though this may be an issue with custom portraits i have, it also seems that special sprites like the women excercising or Jas and Vincent reading dont load properly or are straight up glitched, also, when i went to talk to Penny in the library where she shouldve been, she just didnt load in for the entire day and Jas and Vincent read alone. Finally, when i went to place down my first furnace on my friend and i's farm, the game kicked me out to the title screen although this may have been an issue with unstable servers because it IS the first day of online. thank you for listening, love the game, so happy online is released. overall the beta online seems pretty solid for being in beta. sure there are glitches but they're nothing that cant be overlooked while in beta. :D

• citree

citree Void-Bound Voyager

the map is bugged for me, it's off center and everything is slightly o the bottom right for some reason? the info pops up where the map should be, but the image itself is moved over. im in windowed mode, but the same error happens for fullscreen mode too, and i've reloaded the game several times but it just stays like that for some reason. the error doesnt show up for the host or for other players

• Arae

Arae Intergalactic Tourist

I opened an existing game in the beta, and I went to the traveling cart, and when I click on it, the game crashes and closes. I tried it several times and the same thing happened each time.

• iammenasco

iammenasco Void-Bound Voyager

Awkward UI. I click right for a lower profit margin percentage. Typically clicking right would increase a number. Perhaps changing the default value to "Normal (100%)", with the right arrow in a disabled state until you click left to decrease the number by 25% increments would be more intuitive?

Attached Files:

• MoonRaz3r

MoonRaz3r Void-Bound Voyager

lol, harvey? upload_2018-4-30_16-54-14.png

• Ryong20

Ryong20 Space Hobo

Friend and I found this Harvey Text speech bug. It was Day 2 Year 1 but don't know if this will apply to further down the road but otherwise this was here. Also, game crashed after leaving Penny's Trailer on the same day but dont know if thats because its servers being unstable or an actual bug. Again, not sure if this crash will apply to future days.

Also, whenever I move down my screen causes ripples in the screen. Not sure what that may be but ust putting it herejust in case.

EDIT: 4/30/2018 8:22 PM EST. This was happening previously before but now its more prevalent. You are able to hear the others cut, mine, chop and attack things when not in the area. Currently, i am located lake side and a friend is in the mines. She encountered the flying bug and i can hear it from here. Seems like even though she avoided it or killed it, the sound is still going on.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 1, 2018
                                      • Adelvina

Adelvina Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I don't seem to have the option to invite people through Steam and my friends are unable to see my farm in the list. My privacy settings on Steam allow people to see my inventory as suggested. We can only connect through LAN. Am I missing something here? :nurusad:

Attached Files:

• wtf.png
                                            wtf.png
                                            File size:
                                            43.8 KB
                                            Views:
                                          Last edited: May 1, 2018
                                          viobeth22 and LeeroyBr like this.
                                        • plumsickle

plumsickle Aquatic Astronaut

There has only been one time that I have been able to transition from one day to the next without the game freezing.
                                          First thing's first, I have SMAPI and some mods. All are updated for the beta version, and there's no lingering .xnb files or anything.

What happens is that, regardless of single player or multiplayer, when I go to sleep, the screen freezes on the shipment screen and refuses to load anymore. At first, I thought it was an issue with one of my mods, so I uninstalled them to see and it still happens. It still froze. I've tried it on my three separate files, and on new files. All have the same result. The one time that I was able to go from one day to the next, was on a new file, in multiplayer mode (with no others on my farm) while using mods.

I'd really appreciate an outside opinion, but I'll be sure to let you all know if I've figured it out.

Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.