1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Stardew Valley Multiplayer Beta: Known Issues & Fixes 2

Discussion in 'Support' started by Katzeus, Jun 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. epicnezz135

epicnezz135 Space Hobo

Attached Files:

• _Keru_

_Keru_ The Court

Attached Files:

epicnezz135 likes this.
    • SnapdragonSyndicate

SnapdragonSyndicate Space Hobo

Hey there friendos, last night my friends and I (with a friend hosting) started crashing out without being able to complete the day we were working on. Eventually we quit and figured we'd try again later. We were at year 1, Stardew Valley fair, but I don't know what single action might have been triggering it since we were all doing different things.

Well today I've been trying to play single player and it's also crashing. I'm on year 2, flower dance. Each time it's crashed I've been walking around the event area talking to NPCs. The last time I was starting to talk to Marlon (which, looking here, appears to be a whole Thing), but the first time I wasn't interacting with anything IIRC. With the Marlon one I'm not sure if I had just walked up to him or had actually hit the key to interact yet

Here are (I think?) the relevant error logs. Rain is single player and Reiji is the multiplayer.

Prior to this we have also had it freeze and have to be restarted while the "waiting for other players" screen is up after you look at your daily profit, it acts like we're waiting for someone when all of us are actually done. It will say 2/3 are ready, but all three of us have clicked through and are seeing the same message that one person is behind. I don't, however, have any error logs for these freezes.

Attached Files:

• Mizzion

Mizzion Phantasmal Quasar

The following post, has files that will fix the issue for you.

https://community.playstarbound.com...own-issues-fixes-2.145034/page-7#post-3288440

• SnapdragonSyndicate

SnapdragonSyndicate Space Hobo

• gameace777

gameace777 Poptop Tamer

New issue. I bought a horse awhile ago, and I named it. About a season or so later, my host for some reason was given the opportunity to name the horse themselves. We now have one horse that has 2 different names.

• _Keru_

_Keru_ The Court

The game crashes whenever you try to speak to Marlon at the moment cause of bugged game files. But please be aware that altered game files like provided by @Mizzion at his post might solve your problem (temporarily), but might also cause problems like game files not properly verified, altered game files lead to other crashes and many more. An official patch we be released as soon as possible.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
              corana likes this.
            • Nomishly

Nomishly Void-Bound Voyager

I'm playing the beta in single player mode and so far I've only run into one little bug. When I have the "Auto-Grabber" out it works great, but my pig doesn't seem spawn any truffles. Once I put it away it all goes back to normal.

• Mizzion

The chances of my fix breaking the game, is nil. My fix is the ORIGINAL files are they should be. You are more likely to break the game by editing saves, then the chance of my fix breaking something.

If people are worried about my fix, Here's the original as is right now

Code:
                "Marlon": "adult/neutral/outgoing/neutral/male/not-datable/Marnie/Town//AdventureGuild 5 11/Marlon",
                And here is my fix, as it's supposed to be

Code:
                "Marlon": "adult/neutral/outgoing/neutral/male/not-datable/Marnie/Town///AdventureGuild 5 11/Marlon",

Frundan, bluewind95 and hawkfalcon like this.
                • Koihime Nakamura

Koihime Nakamura Ketchup Robot

1 ) those files will actually solve the problem. We read the code. Editing the save files isn't a fix, and yet you promoted that as one.
                  2) Altered xnb files only lead to a crash if you don;'t know what you're doing, and we verified the fix before posting it (Because we read the code directly) Please do not spread misinformation without being clear you are giving a genralized warning.
                  3) If you are not a developer, please do not speculate on official patch release schedule.

Incidentally:

Can someone confirm that you still don't see museum item descriptions? In 1.3.17 that should be fixed properly as the museum items are now synchronized as part of the world state.

Frundan, Bouhm and hawkfalcon like this.
                  • sargontfo

sargontfo Intergalactic Tourist

My wife and I have been playing and just had a crash which would happen when we were sleeping.

I was able to get past it by doing two things, I am not sure which helped

First we did not buy the starfruit from the guy in the sewer like we did the day of the crash

Second I skipped the day which was crashing by sleeping when the game started up before my wife connected

Here is the crash log. The log was the same for all crashes (It crashed twice for us. So we had to play the same day through 3 times total)

Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                    InnerException:
                    Stack Trace: at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\0\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 1832
                    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
                    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
                    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
                    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
                    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
                    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
                    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
                    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
                    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
                    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
                    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
                    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
                    at StardewValley.Program.Main(String[] args) in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\0\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Program.cs:line 122

• kagasemi

kagasemi Void-Bound Voyager

Hi! May I ask you a question: how to edit %zh_CN files without losing some Chinese character code? Which tool did you use?
                      The problem is when we repack the files into .xnb, some code will be lost, even without editing. The tool we used is xnb_node, and we have no idea how to deal with this.
                      It's bothering us for a long time so we can hardly modify some mistranslation or create mods.

• Koihime Nakamura

Koihime Nakamura Ketchup Robot

It's in unicode (usually) so anything like Sublime Text 3 will work. (Notepad++ as well.)

kagasemi likes this.
                        • kagasemi

The problem is when we repack the files into .xnb, some code will be lost, even without editing.
                          The tool we used is xnb_node, and we have no idea how to deal with this.

• lesliebunchkin

lesliebunchkin Space Hobo

"Game Crashes during the Stardew Valley Fair" (Co-op)

Hello, the game crashes during the Stardew Valley Fair, crashed during multiplayer so I tried it again with just me as the host and it still crashed. There doesn't seem to be a specific trigger, just entering the Fair itself as I did different things in the Fair and still crashed. I have the latest version 1.3.17, 64-bit operating system x-64 based processor

Attached Files:

• StowAway1

StowAway1 Space Hobo

Was attending Spirits Eve Y1, Multiplayer beta (v1.3.17) with my wife. She experienced a crash (total game shutdown to desktop) when attempting to talk to Marlon standing my the skeleton cage. My game remained unaffected, until I too talked to Marlon and experienced the same crash only moments after. Ive uploaded the crash report (from my computer) as requested.

Attached Files:

• Mizzion

The tool I used was from https://github.com/LeonBlade/xnbcli/releases I don't play with Chinese enabled, so I can't promise that my version, didn't mess up the translations. But I don't see why it should.

There is a bug with any sequence that has Marlon speaking. I have released a fix for it, or you can wait until an official one is released. You can get my fix from: https://community.playstarbound.com...own-issues-fixes-2.145034/page-7#post-3288440

kagasemi likes this.
                                • Socronn

Socronn Space Hobo

When I talk to Marlon "Adventures Guild Guy" on Spirits Eve I crash. I was talking about it on the Stardew Valley Discord and apparently, it happened to another user during the Luau.

• Mizzion

The crash will happen any time you talk to Marlon.

• kagasemi

It works well, thanks a lot!:nuruflirt:

Thread Status:
                                      Not open for further replies.