1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Stardew Valley Multiplayer Beta: Known Issues & Fixes 2

Discussion in 'Support' started by Katzeus, Jun 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _Keru_

_Keru_ The Court

@MrBootybreath I've edited your save file so Harveys gift counter should reset properly from now on.

Attached Files:

MrBootybreath likes this.
    • BlueAmaranth

BlueAmaranth Void-Bound Voyager

Regarding the farmhand profession sale bonuses--how is that intended to work? If, for example, one of the farmhands has the Rancher profession, does it apply to all animal products sold via the shipping bin, or only the ones that specific farmhand places in the bin?

• Laeno

Laeno Void-Bound Voyager

I crash whenever I go outside the morning of the completion of my slime hutch, in winter, year 2, (actually in solo mode).

Attached Files:

• chroniz

chroniz Void-Bound Voyager

1.3.17:
          Another Marlon crash incident reporting in:
          I entered to Stardew Valley Fair as a farmhand, during first year. Talked to couple of villagers and played few minigames. However, as soon as I talked to Marlon, a dialog box without any contents opened and game immediately freezed afterwards for me and then finally crashed.

Another incident regarding Stardew Valley Fair (or maybe fairs in general):
          After the previous crash, I tried rejoining back into the game. However, due to host being still in a festival, game reported the usual like "Waiting for host to finish the festival event". I decided to cancel joining into the game.

However, once host had finished the festival, there was a message on host's chat window that I had joined back into the game. My character was standing next to the bed, but he could not be controlled - my client pc was not in the game at all during this moment. I tried rejoining to the game, but after selecting my character, game told that "All slots are full".

Once it was time for host to go sleep, the game got stuck on "Waiting for other player actions", since my character could not get into the bed. Then the host collapsed as it was 02:00 am, but once again it got stuck on "Waiting for other player actions". I tried disconnecting ethernet-cable and blocking Stardew's network connections to check if the game was somehow still receiving game state from client to host, but this didn't help. The only option was to forcefully quit the game.

For situations like these, I think it would be nice if host could kick off players via chat-commands or forcefully skip and go to next day.

Attached a savegame in case it could help for finding the cause for the former bug.
          Error log is probably related to blocking network connection on firewall, as it crashed the game.

Attached Files:

• morgarine

morgarine Space Hobo

The exact same thing is happening to me too.

Attached Files:

• Kastaka

Kastaka Seal Broken

Crash during Feast of the Winter Star. I did some farm maintenance until about 10am including the birth of a Void Chick, spoke to everyone above the path until I tried to speak to Marlon, at which point a blank dialog box displayed, the game froze briefly and then restarted.

Attached Files:

• Blorp

Blorp Big Damn Hero

As far as I can tell it processes every online player's perks, so one player with Rancher online (no matter who sold the items) would result in 20% bonus to animal items. Two with Rancher would result in ~44% bonus, etc. D:

• BlueAmaranth

BlueAmaranth Void-Bound Voyager

Oh wow, that seems pretty exploitable. Imagine four Artisan players getting online to sell a pile of iridium starfruit wine.

• kidshadow25

kidshadow25 Poptop Tamer

Can confirm the Marlon text crash, here is my log just after the crash happened. This was during the egg festival in Spring, btw.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
                    • Magnatz

Magnatz Intergalactic Tourist

I have noticed that my gifting ability resets halfway through the week. I gift people on monday and tuesday, by friday, I am able to gift again, then it resets again on monday. Not sure if this is an intended change or not, but I have attached the pictures showing my gifting with Leah. This enabled me to power level my hearts with Leah. It occurred before she was my girlfriend and continues after she has agreed to be my girlfriend.

Attached Files:

• _Keru_

_Keru_ The Court

Updated list of bugs after the 1.3.17 hotfix. Be sure your game is up to date (shows 1.3.17 in the lower left corner in main screen after clicking the questionmark in the lower right corner).

Please be aware that I can't list up every single bug, especialy those only reported once and might not be reproducible.

Major bugs:

• Character can't move or interact at the fishing game at the Stardew Valley Fair.
                        • The game crashes whenever you try to speak to Marlon or got a cutscene with him in it.
                        Minor bugs:
                        • Pets and children running through walls and beyond.
                        • Only the host gets the correct information of which artefacts have already been donated to Gunther.
                        • When players are fishing, random fishing lines will stretch across the screen.
                        • Sometimes it will say we've given someone a gift already when trying to hand them the item for the first time. The item is used and we get the regular dialogue afterwards but it shows the 'already given' message upon interaction.
                        • Possibility to duplicate items by 2 players simultaneously run to a droped item.
                        • Spouses not acting like they should (staying indoors all day, not leaving for their normal schedule).
                        • NPCs will sometimes just stop what they're doing; Jaz will just stand under the tree instead of jumping rope, Penny just stopped in the middle of the bridge.
                        • The pets water bowl is not sync with the clients.
                        • Mayors shorts can be picked up multiple times.
                        • Robins axe can be picked up multiple times.
                        • Kegs/preserve jars/mayonnaise machines instantly finish after swapping finished items with new one.
                        • Garbage bins can be looted several times by going inside in between.
                        • Clipping issues while riding the horse might get you stuck.
                        • If You play "Journey of The Prarie King" until you pass out at night you will wake up with both that music and the normal one.
                        • Farm animals sounds are heard by everone everywhere when interacting with them.
                        • It is possible to buy an infinite amount of Iridium Sprinklers on Friday from Krobus.
                        • If the return scepter is used all players will be teleported back home.
                        • Unable to get Shanes blue chickens.
                        • Rain does not fill the pets dish.
                        • Farmhands are able to kill the armored flying bugs in the mines.
                        • The grubs in the mine getting invincible for the host after some hits.
                        • If host player goes to bed when a client is creating a new character, the client player will be unnamed.
                        • After completing the fishtank in the community center the big rock disappears, you'll get the event with Willy and the copper pan the next day as well, but there will never be any glitter in the river/pond to use the pan.
                        • Everyone sees the hay collecting tooltip in the lower left corner if someone collects hay.
                        • Hearing the raining sound in desert buildings.
                        • Crashing when resizing the window.
                        • Junimo hut not accessable by farmhands.
                        • Crap pots seems to be empty and are unaccessable for the host ("Inventory full" message) after a farmhand put bait in it.
                        • Gifting does not reset properly on sundays/mondays in converted 1.2 save files.
                        • Breaking boxes and barrels in the mine will sometimes result in double/tripple loot.
                        • Luau music not playing at the Luau festival.
                        • Farmhands sometimes get the same level up popups several nights in a row.
                        • Changing your gender in character creation will also change your skin color.
                        • Visual glitches when resizing the window in main menu.
                        • The new alternate break up possibility is broken and will result in the usual one.
                        • Rotating large furniture can result in having two different textures on it (see attached picture).
                        • Playing Prairie King or fishing till 2am in multiplayer won't knock you out.
                        • Whenever the host enters the mines, the mine music is triggered for the clients as well.
                        • Shrine of Selfishness is not working.
                        • Farmhands won't get the Stardew Hero Trophy if they were offline when the event was triggered.
                        • Spouses will always react like you are be married to them, even if it's your farmhands.
                        • No upgrade animations/construtcion side for farmhands cabins.
                        • Farmhands can't use the hosts fridge for cooking.
                        • Player sprites appear in the upper left corner when the leave the screen.
                        • Farmhands spouse standing next to the host at the Moonlight Jelly Festival.
                        • NPC animations don't work properly.
                        • Town people will start their daily routine in the middle of the night after the Egg Festival.
                        • Farm animals won't reproduce, although it is enabled.
                        • The character might continue walking (against the shop) when opening the shops inventory while walking.
                        • The Master Angler achievement does not consider the 3 new fish from the Night Market.
                        • Initial cutscene with Willy doesn't register as having met him if you skip the cutscene
                        • Collected/crafted/donated items are not tracked correctly.
                        • Host can get infinate coffee at the Night Marked.
                        • Gates will pop out if you try to close them while standing in them.
                        Might be intended:
                        • Every player can catch a copy of each legendary fish.
                        • Arcade games in the saloons are impossible to beat because time doesn't pause.
                        • Different luck chances for host and clients.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
                        • DogeDoggo

DogeDoggo Space Hobo

Thanks so much for the wiki guide on how to find my files - took like two seconds this time, lol! We did play some more, and had the same problem in the Skull Mines "holes" on a non-festival day. (Screen doesn't go past "you fell x levels", then everything freaks out on the level. I'm the main player. I was able to leave the mines, go home, and continue to the next day however. We had no problems when we only used ladders because one of us didn't have a pickaxe)

Attached Files:

• Mizzion

Mizzion Phantasmal Quasar

Since this Marlon bug will stop anyone who has to deal with him, I've gone ahead and fixed the files that are broken.

Place the NPCDisposition files located in this zip, right into your

If you're on WIndows :

Since some people are having issues still putting these files in the correct place, I will give detailed directions.

Steps:
                            1. Open any folder, and find your Stardew Valley folder.
                            2. Find the "Content" folder, and double left click it.
                            3. Find the "Data" folder, and double click it.
                            4. Open the MarlonFix.zip, you should see seven files.
                            5. Select all seven of those files, drag and drop all seven files, to your opened "Data" folder.
                            6 Run Stardew Valley, and make sure the changes saved.

"Stardew Valley\Content\Data" folder. It will fix it.

If you're on a Mac (Thanks to @johnvstoecker) :

"Stardew Valley\Contents\Resources\Content\Data"

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
                            • Deenamyte

Deenamyte Intergalactic Tourist

I'm on Windows 10, playing a single player game, with the game fully updated on 1.3.17. I went to the Luau and tried talking to Marlon (tried twice) and both times a dialogue box popped up and then the game crashed.

• brittd5

brittd5 Space Hobo

Another Marlon related crash. Day 5, Spring Year 1 - Received mail that opens up the mines. Head straight there and enter the mines - the cut scene with Marlon starts to play, an empty dialogue box opens and the game crashes. Tried it three times, once in Co-op mode (but with just myself on the server at the time) and twice from normal "load game" screen. Marlon screen text crashes the game but interactions with Linus didn't. Playing most up to date version, PC through GOG galaxy.

Attached Files:

Accidentalsuicide likes this.
                                • _Keru_

_Keru_ The Court

If your game crashes after constructing the slime hutch in the middle of the cutscene with Marlon, do the following steps:
                                  1. Backup your save files!
                                  2. Open your save file with a common text editor
                                  3. Use the search function to look for "<eventsSeen>"
                                  4. Add <int>690006</int> right next to it so it looks like this: ...<eventsSeen><int>690006</int>...
                                  5. Save and close the file
                                  please be aware that you won't get the first slime egg from Marlon this way.

If you feel uncomfortable editing your save files you can upload them here and we'll have a look at them.

Vlade, NT_Desmond and Nakiamiir like this.
                                  • One More Day

One More Day Cosmic Narwhal

Don't know if this has always been the case, or if it's new and intended, or if it's just a bug, but Pierre is selling fish that I sold to Willy

20180607213119_1.jpg

• evachwaan

evachwaan Space Hobo

I was trying to access the mine for the first time, the event crashes as soon as the text box appears. I tried it on numerous days, with different weather. I also made sure i was up to date, i also uninstalled and reinstalled the game. But, it's still crashing. Please help, i hope this was detailed enough.

Attached Files:

• Scubysnax

Scubysnax Seal Broken

Once when triggering Secret Woods event and, again when entering secret woods a few days afterwards, the screen would fade in darker and game would crash.

Attached Files:

• TDH

TDH Space Hobo

Thank you :) it worked perfectly and now i do not have to restart a new game

king ching and kittinxoxo like this.
                                          Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.