1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Stardew Valley Multiplayer Beta: Known Issues & Fixes 2

Discussion in 'Support' started by Katzeus, Jun 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. faithstark11

faithstark11 Yeah, You!

Here's the attach log when I crash whenever I talk to Marnie.
    We are not using any mods, and I'm on my friend's server. I have a German Shepherd mod, but we have a cat in the game.

Code:
    Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    InnerException:
    Stack Trace:    at StardewValley.InteriorDoor.ResetLocalState() in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\0\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Locations\GameLocation.cs:line 64
       at StardewValley.InteriorDoorDictionary.ResetLocalState() in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\0\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Locations\GameLocation.cs:line 222
       at StardewValley.GameLocation.resetLocalState() in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\0\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Locations\GameLocation.cs:line 3629
       at StardewValley.GameLocation.<resetForPlayerEntry>b__187_0() in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\0\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Locations\GameLocation.cs:line 3436
       at StardewValley.ModHooks.OnGameLocation_ResetForPlayerEntry(GameLocation location, Action action) in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\0\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\ModHooks.cs:line 12
       at StardewValley.GameLocation.resetForPlayerEntry() in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\0\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Locations\GameLocation.cs:line 3432
       at StardewValley.Multiplayer.readActiveLocation(IncomingMessage msg, Boolean forceCurrentLocation) in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\0\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Network\Multiplayer.cs:line 775
       at StardewValley.Multiplayer.processIncomingMessage(IncomingMessage msg) in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\0\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Network\Multiplayer.cs:line 888
       at StardewValley.Network.Client.processIncomingMessage(IncomingMessage message) in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\0\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Network\Client.cs:line 99
       at StardewValley.SDKs.GalaxyNetClient.onReceiveMessage(GalaxyID peer, Stream messageStream) in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\0\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\SDKs\GalaxyNetClient.cs:line 79
       at StardewValley.SDKs.GalaxySocket.Receive(Action`1 onConnection, Action`2 onMessage, Action`1 onDisconnect, Action`1 onError) in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\0\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\SDKs\GalaxySocket.cs:line 488
       at StardewValley.SDKs.GalaxyNetClient.receiveMessagesImpl() in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\0\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\SDKs\GalaxyNetClient.cs:line 56
       at StardewValley.Network.Client.receiveMessages() in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\0\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Network\Client.cs:line 68
       at StardewValley.Multiplayer.UpdateEarly() in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\0\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Network\Multiplayer.cs:line 1034
       at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\0\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 1908
       at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
       at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
       at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
       at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
       at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
       at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
       at StardewValley.Program.Main(String[] args) in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\0\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Program.cs:line 144

• AtomLeader

AtomLeader Space Hobo

I've noticed that if you charge your watering can and someone wants to give something to you, if you hold down the mouse button you will be able to move while the watering can is charged. I suppose it works the same with the hoe as well.

Another thing that I noticed is that if you play co-op mode with someone, then the slimes in the mines jump much shorter distances than usual. Not ssure if this feature was intended, but still. It's weird.

• tccoxon

tccoxon Procedurally Generated Programmer

Does the crash happen every time? I haven't been able to reproduce this. Could you help by sending your save file, and telling me the exact steps you took before talking to Marnie, including e.g. the date and time you talk to her? Thanks!

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Tiny bug: the Stardew Valley Fair fortune teller chooses between four dialogues, but Event.cs.1827 is used twice and Event.cs.1829 is never used.

• margotbean

margotbean Existential Complex

Willy sends the Lobster bisque recipe in the mail at 5 hearts instead of 9. In my singleplayer file, I waited 2 days, and he didn't send the Escargot recipe.
            With Linus, even though he sends the Fish Taco recipe at 3 hearts instead of 9, he sends the Sashimi recipe the next day.
            CookingReipes.xnb hasn't changed, so I don't know what's going on.

• ramenmalek

ramenmalek Space Hobo

1. Spouse (Elliott) usually walks to bed at around 9:50 pm and "sleeps" at 10, but was still standing in the kitchen past 10pm. Tried to go out of the house and back in, and he was in bed already.

2. Rooster crow sound comes in late upon waking up in the morning. (I was already walking around the house when it played.)

P.S. Wasn't on multiplayer; just updated to the open beta version today and played my save file.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2018
              • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Katzeus @tccoxon A couple questions to help plan the SMAPI 2.6 release, if you know the answers:
                • Roughly what time will you release on Wednesday? You seem to prefer 09:30 UTC based on the previous beta updates.
                • Do you expect the Wednesday release to have any changes relative to the preceding beta update?

• al_pacino

al_pacino Orbital Explorer

Don't know if anyone else has had this problem but I couldn't fish at all during the Ice fishing competition. I just had to walk around talking to people while the timer went down.

Latest version(GOG). No mods. Using ps4 controller via DS4windows.

• wozearly

wozearly Tentacle Wrangler

Minor visual bug in the Spa.

The expected behaviour is that the player's eyes should half-close ("Ahhhh....that feels better") on entering the water. They actually remain open.

However, the blinking animation still kicks in as if they're half closed. It's quite creepy to watch the bottom half of the player's eye blink closed while the top half remains open. ;)

ramenmalek likes this.
                    • Lord Reginald

Lord Reginald Void-Bound Voyager

After more testing it seems the Rain totem only works for the host, we had 3 farmhands use one and it did nothing and the host use one each on a different day, but only when the host used it, it rained on the next day(tested in winter to make sure we don't get messed up by rng).

This seems to be confirming more and more we even had a duplicate donated ---> host went to donate and saw we had two bone flutes donated both donated by farm hands.
                      Also farmhands reported not being able to donate the strange doll(green/yellow)(host hasn't tried donating yet).

Related to other posts the animations of spouses on the view of the non-married person is still not showing, the heart of the kiss is seen but not the animation. Also we had our cat sleep Out of Bounds in our house based on the area the cat was in I think it was because one farmhand had married and got their house extended and the cat was around that area in the main house, but the host hadn't married yet.

I think this was already reported, but interacting with the Clams in the mermaid's boat while holding a sword lets you freeze in that animation and walk around with it while the mermaid scene is happening.

Falling different amounts of floors if you jump in a hole makes also a lot of sense, but it helps to go down faster if the hole is early you can just get out while someone stays in the mine and try jumping in again with different results.

• Feathered Sparks

Feathered Sparks Big Damn Hero

Don't know if this is something specifically related to the beta or not, but since I've never seen it before and it seems like something that would have been mentioned if it was here for a while I figured it probably is.

My sister and I just discovered a really bizarre graphical bug that comes up when we try to rotate the red couch into any position other than the default, wherein the image that displays shows the cut-off ends of two pieces of furniture rather than the normal rotated furniture. From the looks of it, I think the game is somehow pulling up an image from the wrong part of the furniture file. This happened when both my sister (farmhand) and I (host) tried to place it, and whether we were placing it in her house or mine. I've attached a photo of the image that comes up when you try to rotate it so the seating is facing away from the screen, to give a better idea of what's happening.

On a similar note, just figured I'd bring up a minor bug that I think I mentioned a while back but still seems to be there: if you are moving when you click to open a storage space (like a chest, auto-grabber, etc), the farmer will continue making the running animation and sound until you click on one of the items. I only noticed it on the auto-grabber originally, but I've since noticed it happening with similar menus as well. It happens in both singleplayer and multiplayer.

Attached Files:

• Unfug

Unfug Void-Bound Voyager

I discovered some Bugs in the current Multiplayerbeta: (4 Persons, I am a Farmhand, Year 2 Summer, All Houses/Cabins upgraded atleast 1 time, some even the second time, We use Steam to play together)
                          Little Error in Emilys Text after I married her (see attached File)
                          Spouses sometimes dont talk to Partner (Emily to me, Alex, Leah, Abigail) and almost never give a kiss
                          -> After the Marriage the first Day i got a kiss
                          Cant move my Carpet (neither can anyone else, its the small one that comes twice in the Mininglayout Starting House)
                          same Bug as Feathered Sparks with rotating Furniture that gets some Kind of glitched Texture (It happens with all the tested Sofas and Benches (the Yellow, the Red and the Wooden Bench with the green cushions))
                          Baby from the Host glitches weirdly if he throws it up in the Air

Edit:
                          Just read through some of the Comments above, i had the same Bug that i couldnt join the fishing game in the winter festival. All the other 3 Player had no Problem. (Had my Fishing Rod with me the 2. One)

Community Center Bundles getting out of Sync most time also the ,museum.

Attached Files:

• bug.png
                              bug.png
                              File size:
                              144.1 KB
                              Views:
                            Last edited: Jul 28, 2018
                          • beearedee

beearedee Space Hobo

The last three days while playing multiplayer, my game crashes sometimes up to 5 or 6 times a game day. I know it's not my internet because everything else works fine and my single player doesn't crash.

It also doesn't ruin anything for me nor the people I am playing with. It drops me back into my bed as if my day is restarting. I've noticed that sometimes cut scenes will trigger it and other times it will just happen at random. I've been playing for a little over a month and it just now started to do this.

• Kryzalin

Kryzalin Big Damn Hero

My friend who plays as a farmhand with me is experiencing a glitch after finishing the community center. She finished the final bundle for the community center and now her game is glitched out. At the community center and at Joja the sprites are screwy. I'm including a couple of pictures she took to show me.

At Community Center
                              https://ibb.co/jfxUeT
                              [​IMG]

At Joja Mart
                              https://ibb.co/iyO5m8
                              [​IMG]

• kstormgemini

kstormgemini Master Chief

:coffee:I had this happen just the other day IRL. Like a couple actual days ago, the ice festival came up, I had my rod and everything but it wouldn't let me equipt it or even open my inventory to see if I Could equipt it. I just meandered around talking to folks instead.
                                Something else, though I don't know if it means anything since I never walked around during the fishing even before, is that Linus was missing. He wasn't on the field nor was he at the igloo he was hanging out at usually prior to the event itself. I don't know if he was Always missing this particular time as it was my third year and I really just wanted to get to the fishing instead of wandering around. (Turned out I ended up wandering around anyway, but meh, oh well.):nuruconfused:
                                Oh and another thing (though I did a screen shot of it, not like any bug report or anything) is that when I places one of the things for lighting being weird. Only in that spot and with anything that had fire. I used a regular light (one of the ones you use a battery to make) and didn't have any trouble. I've attached the screen shot.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 29, 2018
                                • ramenmalek

ramenmalek Space Hobo

My dog is in an unreachable place...

Attached Files:

• sanswitch1

sanswitch1 Intergalactic Tourist

If you enter an area then quickly leave it, if there is automated sound in the housing area (aka the saloon), the music has a chance to follow you around.

EX: Going in and out of leah's house quickly.

This bug was found in the 1.3 beta!

• ShadowGates

ShadowGates Big Damn Hero

Visual bug couch 1.3.27

Attached Files:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

I've seen several players that often get "cannot access the file because it is being used by another process" errors during the save process, which break the save until they remove the _STARDEWVALLEYTMP suffix. This seems to happen when an antivirus scans the new file (e.g. Windows Defender's real-time protection feature), which causes Stardew Valley to crash when it tries to rename it.

Sample game log:
                                        Code:
                                        SaveGame.Save() called.
                                        saveTask failed with an exception
                                        System.IO.IOException
                                        The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.
                                           at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
                                           at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError()
                                           at System.IO.File.InternalMove(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean checkHost)
                                           at System.IO.File.Move(String sourceFileName, String destFileName)
                                           at StardewValley.SaveGame.<getSaveEnumerator>d__52.MoveNext() in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\0\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\SaveGame.cs:line 509
                                           at StardewValley.SaveGame.<>c__DisplayClass50_0.<Save>b__0() in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\0\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\SaveGame.cs:line 115
                                           at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvoke()
                                           at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()

Possible fix:
                                        1. When renaming the files, try..catch IOException and retry after 500ms (up to 3 times and then rethrow)?
                                        2. When loading the game, detect save files with the _STARDEWVALLEYTMP suffix and remove the suffix (so players aren't left with broken saves)?

• faithstark11

faithstark11 Yeah, You!

My friend (also a farmhand) sees this in shane's room (who is my spouse)
                                          https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/444244010807066624/472939793513447437/unknown.png
                                          we added a mod to "clean up" shanes room cause i hated how dirty it looked, and she still sees missing spots
                                          https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/444244010807066624/473259504708878346/unknown.png

Also the host and i got the community center cutscene (for joja) but the other two farmhands did not cause one was naming a duck and the other was talking to willy -- the host and i got the joja soda machine, and they did not.

Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.