1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Stardew Valley Multiplayer Beta: Known Issues & Fixes 2

Discussion in 'Support' started by Katzeus, Jun 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andunelen

Andunelen Space Penguin Leader

I've had 3 game crashes (3rd one was just now) when trying to enter the Train Station when I get the notification that a train is passing.

As the screen goes black to transition from the Mountain to the Station, the game will freeze, the window while say "Not Responding" and then it closes on its own.

Today was particularly painful since I had just cracked open like 500 geodes with Clint before the game crash and I just lost all that progress. :'(

Attached Files:

• Darvene

Darvene Space Hobo

Heyo! I encountered a rather strange bug. Multiplayer with one other player in the monster farm. He placed down fences, but they didn't exist for me. Wondering what would happen, I used my hoe on the ground where the fences where supposed to be. He says his computer stuttered, my voice in our call freaking out and my character glitching across the screen. Nothing happened for me. A few min later, I was accessing a chest and was kicked from the game. I could not reconnect. We both restarted our games and I could connect. Now the fence is there for me and the day restarted.

• margotbean

margotbean Existential Complex

Two wiki editors have claimed that they found artifacts while tilling soil with the hoe outside the mines, not at artifact spots. One found a dinosaur egg in the quarry, another found a strange doll (green) at the beach. Is this possible? Is this intended?
        I can't provide any other details, since the editors didn't provide any, although no one's reported this before the 1.3 beta. Please advise! Thanks.

• KAC

KAC Void-Bound Voyager

As far as I know, it has been normal behavior. You're much more likely I think to get an artifact from the spots marked by worms, but you can get spawns of a variety of types from hoeing the open ground. Certain levels of the mines have different drop rates from other levels, so you can use certain patches of soil to till up artifacts. You'll mostly find clay or cave carrots or nothing at all though. Tilling certain floors is one of the more consistent ways to get one or more of the Dwarven scrolls.

The beach has long been a major place to go for tilling strategies. I am not very familiar with the quarry though I do know it is a special tilling spot, but I haven't extensively tested digging there. Suppose I ought to though cause I have never found a dino egg before.

• margotbean

The difference is that this isn't in the mines, and not during winter (when snow yams and winter roots are common). It's outside the mines, and not at artifact spots, which hasn't ever been reported afaik before the 1.3 beta. The maps don't contain the artifact ID numbers, and I can't find the code that allows a random artifact to be dug up outside of the mines and outside of an artifact spot. If this has happened to you (or happens to you), please upload the save file!

Otherwise, a simple yes/no from the devs would be most appreciated!

• Lodrelhai

Lodrelhai Scruffy Nerf-Herder

[QUOTE="blind3rdeye, post: 3297257, member: 801671I personally hope that exploitable bugs with the diary get fixed as well. (ie. using the mouse to open the diary while fishing allows you to continue fishing while time is paused; and opening the diary while passing out after 2am allows you to stop passing out, and thus stay awake indefinitely.)[/QUOTE]

AFAIK the 2am journal thing is already fixed. At least, I couldn't use it in 1.324.

• Riguel

Riguel Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Just reporting as of 1.3.25, animations are still not fixed and the bug is still there. When a farmhand joins a co-op game, spouses quit doing their kissing animations.

https://i.gyazo.com/e3eade5825fd3988cff4232f6d74453a.mp4

The animation can get stuck if the kissing animation is initated when the spouse is outside.

https://i.gyazo.com/df5099d0cf4a4f3f0294be13f79127dd.mp4

And as I reported previously, that only the host can see npc animations and the moment the farmhand interacts with them they stop entirely. This occurs for all npcs, not just spouses. You can find my other post reporting this stuff here!

https://i.gyazo.com/574b9727b6fac36a300852e872a61756.mp4

• yamina-chan

yamina-chan Scruffy Nerf-Herder

That one actually doesn't work any more, it's been fixed a few patches ago.

Also woo for fixing the no XP from the Scythe harvesting! =D

Things I have noticed in the current release:
                  • The details screen at the end of the day, when you expand the information on what has been earning you how much money is still filling up the entire screen instead of displaying in a window like it used to while also not making use of that entire space and having you flick through multible pages.
                    [​IMG]
                    Random info screen before the Beta
                    [​IMG]
                    Random info screen during the beta.
                  • Exiting the Mine by using a Warp Totem will result in the cavesounds continuing to play on the farm.
                  • Old issue but still an issue: Even when you are married, Sebastian still smokes at the Stardew Valley Fair, despite him talking about stopping this bad habbit on other days. It really contradicts his sweet comment on how he wants to stop it so he won't die early on you. (Which I just got again two days before the fair. =/ It's just once a year, but still...)
                  • Not sure if intentional or not, but for the I've seen Welwick mention the name of one of my characters kids at the fortune told at the fair; in regards to the event at the beach. Usually it relates to villagers.
                    On one hand it's sweet because, well, theoretically the children will grow up one day and the farmer would probably spend time with them at some festival, but on the other hand it's also bittersweet as this won't happen ingame with the children staying silent toddlers for all time.
                  • Even after the judging of the Valley Fair is over and you've collected your tokens, there still appears the talk icon over Lewis. Despite him not saying anything else.
                  • Again, not sure if intentional, but on the day of the Fair the Junimos did not finish the harvest in the range of their hut, while on other festival days up untill this point they've always managed to carry it all in. Only one hut was affected from this, all others finished their harvest fine.

• Dyl000

Dyl000 Space Hobo

I dunno if this is on purpose or not, but at the flower dance, if you dance with another player, the female player doesn't wear the dress and the animation looks incredibly wonky and feels super out of place

• Thadius

Thadius Void-Bound Voyager

Every patch, it's the same thing.
                      [​IMG][​IMG]
                      Wake up, see kids.
                      [​IMG]
                      [​IMG]
                      [​IMG]
                      [​IMG]
                      Go to the witch's hut, try to get rid of kids. [​IMG]
                      [​IMG]
                      [​IMG]
                      [​IMG]
                      Come home to the same damn kids.
                      I refuse to play multiplayer until this is fixed.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
                      • pablopwj

pablopwj Intergalactic Tourist

Hi, I have the same problem as Firesheath from Reddit:

"2 points·2 months ago
                        I am suffering from this same issue. I tried to "Host" a game first to make a character in case that was required. Still never saw the Invite Code option. Switched back to the "NONE - Opt out..." option in my Betas tab, which triggered a download, then switched back to the "beta - Help test..." option, triggering another download. Started game and still didn't have any other options on my "Join" tab. Restarted game as Host and didn't have an option in my settings to show invite code.

Then reinstalled. Tested both, no resolution. Not sure what else to do for troubleshooting.

Good luck. Upvoted for exposure :)

I also tried joining via the Steam friend's list. No luck"

I have 3 PC's: 1. With Windows 7 sp.1 - don't work, 2. Win 8 - it has been working for several days, now don't work without any special reasons. 3. Win 10 it works fine.
                        I tried to fix this by download and install Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013 from https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=40784 but it still don't work.
                        Will there be any patch for this problem?

• KLGamet

KLGamet Space Hobo

I didn't see these 2 bugs so I'm gonna post them here:
                          • At the start of a Day I can hear a furnace burning up, although there aren't any furnaces in the house. Furthermore there aren't any furnaces on my farm which are turned on
                          • After downloading the beta and using a saved profile from before the update, the chests in the mine reset and I even got a second Stardrop from the chest on the 100th floor
                          I'm not sure if any of those two are intended. I just posted these because they didn't happen before I got the Beta.

• jbrianj

jbrianj Void-Bound Voyager

The journal thing while fishing pausing has been in the game since it's release. Not sure if it is easily fixable or i would think it already would've been fixed. In Multiplayer this exploit isn't exploitable because the journal does not pause the time.

• Andunelen

Andunelen Space Penguin Leader

That's normal gameplay. Sadly there are no dresses in the game, and instead of dancing like the others, you look like you're having a spaz-attack. I guess our characters just can't dance! lol

yamina-chan likes this.
                              • Mateotis

Mateotis Intergalactic Tourist

I play co-op with a friend of mine. I host the farm, always. At the beginning, she disconnected from time to time, but on 1.3.24, we could play for hours without any issue. The most recent patch seemed to have broken something, as now we can't even progress through one day without her disconnecting. There is no fixed time of day or action that triggers it; most often she just stops moving and, after a couple of seconds, the server ejects her. Sometimes, instead of stopping, the character walks off the map in a diagonal line, disregarding every obstacle. The end result is the same, however. Another strange thing is that, from her perspective, it's my character doing these actions (either stopping completely or walking off the map), but it's still her who gets disconnected. All in all, the issue is very similar to what KAC described (even the connection failures at the start):

I attached the save file, as there are no crash logs on the side of either of us.

We love the game and hope that the issue can be fixed with the next patch!

Attached Files:

• PettBR

PettBR Intergalactic Tourist

Sent this on the SDV's reddit and they feel like this is a bug too. I'm new to this forum so idk if there is any form of spoiler tag so I guess I'll just put one like this for now:

[POSSIBLE SPOILERS AHEAD]

So, me and my girlfriend decided to fool around with the whole town and get 10 hearts with everyone possible before we tried to even marry, but we made our homework and knew that we would get caught by the boys at the saloon or by the girls at Haley's house UNLESS we had rabbit's foot.

Anyway, we did everyone's 10 heart event starting with Hayley and Alex since they took place exactly where this scene would occur and then finally grabbed ourselves an iridium quality rabbit's foot each and went to the saloon for the scene... I got the "good" scene where I would touch the rabbit's foot and then be saved from the boys figuring it out, but my girlfriend got busted even though she had it too.

We restarted the day and tried again at both locations (and she brought like 10 different qualitys rabbit's foot with her) to no avail and now she's sad because she thinks she either can't go in those locations anymore or they'll all hate her. Also worth mentioning, I let her watch the scene by herself while having a rabbit's foot on me and also tried watching it simultaneously, same results.

So the bug seems to be that this event only happens for the host, even if the other player meets the requirements. I'm not sure if this problem requires me uploading the save file, but I suppose I'll do it just in case:

Attached Files:

• Chezzik

Chezzik Seal Broken

So... I just checked my account page in GOG, and the Linux multiplayer version has been updated this morning to 1.3.25!! Yay, I can finally play Stardewvalley with my wife (at least for one day)!!!

So, does anyone know how to to keep the multiplayer beta from updating in steam? My wife has a Macintosh, and is using Steam to play, and it is currently on 1.3.25. Once 1.3.26 comes out, hers will update automatically, and then she and I will no longer be able to play together.

It looks as if many years ago you could tell a particular game to not update in Steam. That feature has been removed. Anyone else know of a way to do it?

• margotbean

I don't have the option to "never update" games in Steam either. They took away a LOT of features I used to rely on. :/
                                      You could try bypassing Steam and launch the game by double-clicking the executable, then connect via LAN.

• Pimmeh

Pimmeh Space Hobo

Just signed up to post this bug report. There's 2 more that are similar to this one that happened in quick succession. It's the first day of spring and me and my buddy were prepping the fields for a ton of sowing. He was using a steel hoe and I was putting down fertilizer. I've gone to the shop and the desert for seeds and fertilizer, and we've done nothing else that day but work on the fields.

Attached Files:

• Chezzik

Chezzik Seal Broken

I found a post on steam forums that says to:

* Turn off updating for the individual games (or for all of them).
                                          * Switch Steam to offline mode before playing a game that you absolutely don't want to update.
                                          * Play game. Steam should not try to update it because Steam is offline.

Otherwise, Steam will insist on updating a game you're trying to play, no matter what options you set.
                                          This seems like it may work for single-player games, but I think that Stardew Valley might use the Steam network API for multiplayer. If so, then putting steam in offline mode wouldn't allow us to connect. It's something we can test tonight.

Even if it does work, my wife isn't going to be happy that she has to put Steam in offline mode every time she wants to play. And, if she forgets even once, then we are SOL again.

I don't know much about how the game executable works with steam (especially on Mac, since I don't have one). Is it possible for her to back up the executable, just in case something goes wrong? How would she do this?

Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.