1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Stardew Valley Multiplayer Beta: Known Issues & Fixes 2

Discussion in 'Support' started by Katzeus, Jun 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NerdyLlama

NerdyLlama Lucky Number 13

Good find Pathoschild. What tool did you use to track that down? I don't mind getting my hands dirty to track down some of this issues and I'd love to pitch in.

• Amandycat

Amandycat Tentacle Wrangler

I think it's particularly noticeable when you have a swarm of slimes, because I tend to try and push them into a corner to take them all out at once so whatever rocks/ores are surrounding them end up disappearing. Ordinary swings with the sword do not destroy items, only when you are actually doing damage to a hostile mob as far as I can tell.

• Mizzion

Mizzion Phantasmal Quasar

He used his debug mode mod, it can be found at https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/679?tab=files

• Kiallet

Kiallet Space Hobo

Hi there.

Just FYI

Entering 100th floor in the scull cavern crashed me to desktop.

Message: An error occurred trying to play the cue named "добралась."". Is the cue name correct?
          InnerException:
          Stack Trace: в Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.SoundBank.GetCue(String name)
          в StardewValley.SoundBankWrapper.GetCue(String name) в C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\0\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\SoundBankWrapper.cs:строка 31
          в StardewValley.Game1.updateMusic() в C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\0\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:строка 4432
          в StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime) в C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\0\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:строка 2016
          в Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
          в Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
          в Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
          в Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
          в Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
          в System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
          в System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
          в System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
          в System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
          в System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
          в Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
          в Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
          в StardewValley.Program.Main(String[] args) в C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\0\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Program.cs:строка 122

I've repaired XNA Framework with an .msi that was in the game folder and changed language from local to english. Not sure which of those worked, bit it did.

Also, my friend deals 0 dmg to Armored Bugs, but i can damage and kill them. SDV-wiki tells us that these Bugs are un-killable, so... there's definitely a bug around here :)

Thx.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

I used Debug Mode for that one, but here are the main tools I use:
            if you want to get your hands dirty, come chat in #modding on the Stardew Valley Discord. The modding community is very friendly, and we can answer any questions you may have. :)

NerdyLlama likes this.
            • rufio1337

rufio1337 Void-Bound Voyager

First year, summer, day 2 - Marnie's cave carrot for her goat quest:
              I walk into Marnie's and the cutscene starts, she runs around the counter and the game crashes.

Attached Files:

• NollReed

NollReed Space Hobo

Bugs i have found so far that i dont think are likely to have been reported.
                Cutting coconut trees down in the desert sometimees gets weeds, namely in multiplayer
                Non host farmhands can kill skull caverns unkillable bugs
                Floor 100 not having ghost fish, though the code says it is meant to.
                Being able to plant trees, such as pine trees or maple trees, in the desert if you till the ground then place the sapling in it.

• CrannDarach

CrannDarach Void-Bound Voyager

I'm having this same issue. Year 2, Winter day 3. It throws an "Input string was not in a correct format." I was able to replicate it under basically the same conditions when I restarted the client: same day, similar inventory, similar time of day (around noon on the first try, 11-something on the second try). I'm attaching the error log from the second crash—it doesn't look like I can attach multiple files, but let me know if you want me to reply with more. Thank you!

(Edit: Actually, it might be attaching the files, but they're not showing up on the list of attached files...)

Attached Files:

• NollReed

NollReed Space Hobo

While charging up any effect, such as hoe or watering can, and you tap a direction key, (W,A,S,D) your character will stand in their default pose and stop their charger animation (the effected area will still keep increasing, just the character sprite halts the charge animation).

• Trixie9819

Trixie9819 Void-Bound Voyager

This has been the case since long before the Beta. Any place that you can hoe, you can plant trees (not fruit trees). I tend to plant the desert with several hundred trees and go there to chop them down once a week.

• VerneAsimov

VerneAsimov Space Hobo

Don't know if this has been reported before but having multiple married people on a farm ends up with [​IMG] . Makes it hard to talk to them lol.

• Jurk0wski

Jurk0wski Orbital Explorer

• Gentleman Grunt

Gentleman Grunt Poptop Tamer

Ok, so we just encountered this one, I'm not the host so I don't have the information at the moment. All four of us are doing the fishing tent game, and we catching nothing but trash. I tried three separate times and all I caught was trash. We'll try to replicate it later and see if it's the same.

• Askr

Askr Void-Bound Voyager

Hey, I'm on linux, using the GOG version and trying to play with a friend on steam.

The current beta version on Steam is 1.3.21 and my friend can neither downgrade, nor disable steam beta upgrades.
                            The current beta version on GOG for linux is 1.3.18. Can you please keep the upgrades closer together, so we can actually play together?

Or is there a way I can turn my GOG version into a steam version?

Chezzik likes this.
                            • Korpuskat

Korpuskat Space Hobo

Continuous crashing at the Fair. Seems totally random, making the holiday unplayable.

Edit: ALSO, there is only trash in the fishing tent.

Attached Files:

• Hoangmeows

Hoangmeows Intergalactic Tourist

Spouse staying at the same spot (eg: Leah do wood sculpture and Abigail play flute at the same spot)

• Katzeus

Katzeus Chucklefisherman Chucklefish

Got a reply from the devs for this report;

Are you using any mods? If not, try verifying the install and report back. Thanks

• NerdyLlama

NerdyLlama Lucky Number 13

I have this issue as well, but only when I'm the client of a multiplayer game, not the host. Snow effects still play, tilling ground shows snow underneath, and the Krobus event shows snowy footprints. It's like the game knows its winter, but is showing the wrong world tiles. Again, this only happens as the client, not as host.

I'm not the person you asked, but the mods I have installed are UI Info Suite, Lookup Anything, Skip Intro, CJB Item Spawner, and CJB Cheats Menu.

Here's the host's view: [​IMG]

Here's the client's view: [​IMG]

Logs from the client and host are unremarkable.

Host:
                                    Code:
                                    [10:24:37 TRACE SMAPI] Context: after save, starting winter 2 Y1.
                                    [10:24:41 TRACE game] Warping to Farm
                                    [10:25:08 INFO  SMAPI] $>world_setday 1
                                    [10:25:08 INFO  Console Commands] OK, the date is now winter 1.
                                    [10:25:53 TRACE game] Approved request for farmhand 145598732905183580
                                    [10:29:03 TRACE game] Warping to BusStop
                                    [10:29:15 TRACE game] Warping to BusStop
                                    [10:29:23 TRACE game] Warping to Town
                                    [10:30:04 TRACE game] Stopping LAN server
                                    [10:30:04 TRACE game] Stopping Galaxy server
                                    [10:30:04 TRACE SMAPI] Disposing...
                                    [10:30:04 TRACE SMAPI] Disposing the content coordinator. Content managers will no longer be usable after this point.

Client:
                                    Code:
                                    [10:25:42 TRACE SMAPI] Checking for updates...
                                    [10:25:42 TRACE game] Signing into GalaxySDK
                                    [10:25:43 TRACE SMAPI]    SMAPI okay.
                                    [10:25:43 TRACE SMAPI]    Checking for updates to 8 mods...
                                    [10:25:43 TRACE SMAPI]    All mods up to date.
                                    [10:25:43 TRACE game] Galaxy auth success
                                    [10:25:43 TRACE game] Galaxy signed in
                                    [10:25:43 TRACE game] Galaxy logged on
                                    [10:25:48 TRACE game] Starting client. Protocol version: 1.3-42
                                    [10:25:49 TRACE game] Found server at 127.0.0.1:24642
                                    [10:25:53 TRACE game] gameMode was 'titleScreenGameMode (0)', set to 'loadingMode (6)'.
                                    [10:25:53 TRACE SMAPI] Running game loader...
                                    [10:25:53 TRACE game] gameMode was 'loadingMode (6)', set to 'playingGameMode (3)'.
                                    [10:25:53 TRACE SMAPI] Game loader OK.
                                    [10:26:07 TRACE SMAPI] Context: loaded saved game 'F_189354155', starting winter 1 Y1. Farmhand with 2 players online.
                                    [10:26:13 TRACE game] Warping to Farm
                                    [10:26:21 TRACE game] Warping to BusStop
                                    [10:26:25 TRACE game] Warping to BusStop
                                    [10:26:34 TRACE game] Warping to Town
                                    [10:30:01 TRACE SMAPI] Disposing...
                                    [10:30:01 TRACE SMAPI] Disposing the content coordinator. Content managers will no longer be usable after this point.

-------------------

Edit: Dang, looks like you're correct. It is a mod on the client causing the issue. When the client is vanilla, the correct tile set is used even if the host is modded. Time to find out what mod is breaking it. :confused:

Edit2: Looks like it's SMAPI breaking it. SMAPI with the default two mods (Console Commands + Save Backup) results in the incorrect behavior.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
                                    • txiv

txiv Space Spelunker

i recently played 1.3.21 vanilla in multiplayer 2 player. i am farmhand.
                                      bugs:
                                      1. my kid is supposed to be a small toddler, but sometimes it is shown as newborn.. sometimes it returns to normal at night 20180622215550_1.jpg

2. after opening select barn/coop window when purchasing animal, marnie house interior is restarted. the bedroom doors are almost invisible and can't interact with the door. shane and jas were also should not be present (you can check their schedule on sat summer at 3pm) but they respawned inside their bedroom, they were not there before i talked to marnie.
                                      20180622230025_1.jpg

3. very minor visual bug, the animal door is stucked/not fully opened. but it still works just fine.
                                      20180622225430_1.jpg

4. artisan machines process finished instantly in slow internet connection, happened very often especially when the clock is ticking.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

That's a SMAPI bug, now fixed in the upcoming SMAPI 2.6 beta 18. Thanks to @NerdyLlama for testing the fix on Discord!

Thread Status:
                                        Not open for further replies.