1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Stardew Valley Multiplayer Beta: Known Issues & Fixes 2

Discussion in 'Support' started by Katzeus, Jun 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YukiAlexa

YukiAlexa Poptop Tamer

Last edited: Jun 16, 2018
    khepriq likes this.
  2. John4300

John4300 Void-Bound Voyager

Version: 1.3.19

After finishing the vault bundle in the community center, a table will appear in the room. If a player is standing on the spot where the table appears, he will get stuck inside the table, unable to move.

I am not sure is this case with all bundles.

• Trixie9819

Trixie9819 Void-Bound Voyager

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, though I searched for it. The 3 days that the Night Market is active, there are no forage spawns on the beach or the tidepools. All the crab pots on the beach or the tidepools go invisible, though I did not try to interact with where they were to see if they were actually there. All chests on the tidepools go invisible as well, again I didn't think to try to interact with them, and I didn't have any chests on the beach side. I'm betting that worm bins will act the same way, but I can't make them yet.

After the last day of the Night Market, all items came back and acted as usual, without any problems.

• CallMeFoxie

CallMeFoxie Intergalactic Tourist

Hi, the thread is rather long so - reporting a crash (ignore the translation), it's happened a week ago to me (the host) and others (helpers on the farm) as well repeatedly today, with the latest version(s) at the time, always when talking to NPCs (in my case during an event, but not always to others).

It's an Index Out of Bound Exception regarding NPC name translation and we're using default English translation (however our OS is not English, if there's any logic in there?)

Attached Files:

• angryelle

angryelle Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I won't speak for the user you're asking but for me, the night market teleporter properly only teleported me (the host). Haven't tried the return scepter yet though.

This did happen for us in the crafts room bundle as well, one of my farmhands got stuck behind the red loveseat and had to relog. I thought it'd be nice if we all got to watch the rooms change, but we need to stand in the same spot I suppose :p

Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
          • ldkv

ldkv Void-Bound Voyager

No, it worked properly for me and my host, same as the 2 totems. Only the Return Scepter bugged.

• foperator

foperator Big Damn Hero

Crash... last time we played was 1.3.17, current patch is 1.3.19.

When the host tried to load the game, it crashed. The next time he launched the game, the co-op button had disappeared from the menu completely.

Here's the error log and the current savefile.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
              • Blorp

Blorp Big Damn Hero

They got reset to non-beta. They should make sure they have beta selected in Steam (may need to re-enter jumpingjunimos code), and then "verify integrity of game files" in the local files tab. They should have the latest version again then.

• foperator

foperator Big Damn Hero

Worked, thank you. :)

• the_wiz

the_wiz Space Hobo

Hey another bug I found is that if two players hit the same item at the same time it duplicates said item.

• foperator

foperator Big Damn Hero

1.3.19 - I passed out and died at the same time (lol). When I "woke up" the next day, the screen was black. I can hear myself walking around but I can't see anything.

(I was in the mines at 2am and started to pass out. During that animation, I also got hit by enemies and died. Didn't get the message about collapsing.)

Attached Files:

• defying1

defying1 Tentacle Wrangler

Bug 1 (CRASH): Got a crash when in the fishing game at the Fall Grange festival. My partner was getting their fortune told at the time.
                        Bug 2 (minor glitch): I was mining while my partner was doing something else, and when I used my pickaxe, I was leaving curious artifacts wherever I swung.
                        Bug 3 (somewhat minor glitch). During fall, we had eggplants and bok choy. My partner couldn't harvest the eggplant--when they tried, they got bok choy out of the egg plant.

Saves and crash log attached.

Attached Files:

Lamux likes this.
                        • sixthfore

sixthfore Yeah, You!

I just realized this is the correct place to report bugs. Sorry about my other thread!

----
                          Mods used (Host Only):

StackToNearbyChests
                          SimpleCropLabel
                          SaveBackup
                          ---

Prismatic Shard drop in the Saloon/Coop: I have gotten Prismatic Shard drops on my screen twice in the Saloon and Coop, coinciding with when my friend is in the Skull Cavern detonating bombs. He would not get the Prismatic drop on his screen, but I would. It would be the single drop popping out on the window somewhere near me.

edit: third time while in kitchen. same scenario with friend in skull caves detonating.
                          6/23, updated game

Bomb Stutter: When a bomb is detonated, sometimes the entire screen and sound would stutter with bomb-chain-reaction animation for both players, even if one player is not in the mine.

Night Market Mermaid Song: Only got a Pearl the first year for entering in the secret pattern. Second year, neither of us were able to get it again. We were able to get the Golden Pumpkin both years, is this different?

Frozen UI for host after Second Child Born: Twice, at the end of a full day, when the message comes up saying the second child is born, non-host enters desired name and hits enter. Host is stuck on Earnings screen, unable to interact with any of the buttons. Hovering over buttons still makes them pop out.

We thought the game was corrupt, but then decided to try two things:
                          • load the previous day (start over) and then sleep immediately (we were tired of losing progress for full days :( )
                          • host actually clicks on the [x] button after message saying second child is born (instead of pressing escape to dismiss the message). This fixed it, and host observed the 'Saving...' notice in the bottom left of the screen upon hitting the [x] button.

Pass out in bed during "Waiting for other players" message if other player passes out: Consistently happens

Horse Duplication Glitch: We both unintentionally clicked the same horse at the same time and rode two copies of the same horse. After the Luau, friend could not dismount, horse was stuck facing downwards and un-animated no matter which direction friend was going.

Could not use items such as Return Scepter, interact with chests, nor enter buildings - "Dismount before entering building." Changing zones did not resolve.

I could dismount my horse just fine.

Toddler crawling through house-walls: Our super-toddler ran straight through our home's walls on one occasion.

--

Also, thanks so much for being on top of all these bug fixes and updating the community! I love realizing all the little things that have been fixed in game before reading it on these updates (just got my first blue chicken ever today in multiplayer, after trying for days and not realizing it had been broken).

Last edited: Jun 23, 2018
                          • khepriq

khepriq Intergalactic Tourist

EDIT: Added more report.
                            Version 1.3.19

Issue #1 (fixed 1.3.20)
                            Horse animation/sound

The horse has no animation and no sounds. This happens (maybe) when the host tried to move my stable. My horse (and the host's horse) still doesn't animate properly until now.

Notes
                            Two players. (I'm joining another game)
                            No horse sound.
                            No horse animation.
                            Host horse (and mine in his end) is working properly.
                            Same issue @YukiAlexa
                            No crash.

Issue #2
                            Baby animation

Animation of the baby when crawling is not working properly (client side)
                            [screenshot][​IMG]

Issue #3

Game sound on summer

I don't know if this is intended but the sound when summer hits is playing flies and birds sound that are on a loop.

I've really enjoyed this game. Thanks!

Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
                            • tgainsbrough

tgainsbrough Intergalactic Tourist

I wanted to report an issue kind of like when the treasure chests were only available for one player.

We finished year two. Since Grandpa is based on individual scores we each worked really hard to get four candles. I know others said farmhands were showing less candles, because it's based on individual scores, but farm hands are unable to interact with grandpa's shrine after the evaluation. Someone else said farmhands were not able to be reevaluated, and in my case we all worked hard to get four candles and I was the only one able to get a reward from grandpa. Even if I'm the only one who gets the statue I still feel like the farm hands should be able to get a reward for working so hard to get their four candles.

Also the Master Angler Achievement can be gotten without catching the new beta fish, but it can also be gotten with 3 fish left. So if you catch the beta fish you don't need to catch 3 other fish to get the achievement.

• Rebochan

Rebochan Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This seems like a really old bug, but I'm reporting it here because it would be great to finally see it fixed.

Queen of Sauce seems to get broken around Y3 and just repeatedly gives out the recipe for Stir Fry. I've seen it reported in previous threads for the Multiplayer beta, and here's a list of old threads I found on Google where people all have the same problem and it's still never been fixed. This bug makes it impossible to acquire the Master Chef achievement if the player misses a recipe in the initial 2 year cycle.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/413150/discussions/0/365163686081815537/ (2016)
                                https://community.playstarbound.com/threads/missing-two-cooking-recipes.129199/ (2017, a user notes this makes it impossible to get the cooking achievement without save file editing)

I've gone and added this bug to the Stardew Valley wiki so people know it's still active.

EDIT: Adding a few more threads to document how common the issue is:

* https://community.playstarbound.com...sues-fixes-patch-1.138081/page-7#post-3226281 - this is from October, user notes the bug is happening as early as Y1 and they can only see Coleslaw and Stir Fry recipes.
                                * https://community.playstarbound.com...nown-issues-fixes.142850/page-54#post-3270843 - From May 2018
                                * https://community.playstarbound.com...own-issues-fixes.142850/page-252#post-3282264 - Also May

• fjf

fjf Yeah, You!

Type: Minor

In multiplayer, if the farmhand hears the sound effects of the grass being scythed in the farm, even if they are in another part of the map.

• Blorp

Blorp Big Damn Hero

Can you zip your save and attach it here? Preferably on a day which is giving the stir fry.

margotbean likes this.
                                    • Ertemo

Ertemo Space Spelunker

Hello.
                                      I want to report a bug, when client (not the host) is getting disconnected. It happens mostly when traveling trough locations. Its getting stuck at loading screen, then it says: The server has closed the connection. You can easily check it in the mines. I attached a save file, but there was no logs there. Save file lind (download from discord) https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...945223587168256/savefile_randomdisconnect.rar or attached.
                                      Also we've noticed, that in flower dance background is too short at the left side. 4 players can sleep in one bed too.

Attached Files:

• hibikir

hibikir Space Hobo

Crashed getting into the secret woods, year two, on a rainy day. It doesn't crash every time, but here it is.

Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                                        InnerException:
                                        Stack Trace: at StardewValley.Monsters.GreenSlime.collisionWithFarmerBehavior() in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\0\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Monsters\GreenSlime.cs:line 261
                                        at StardewValley.Farmer.checkDamage(GameLocation location) in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\0\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Farmer.cs:line 3798
                                        at StardewValley.Farmer.Update(GameTime time, GameLocation location) in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\0\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Farmer.cs:line 4135
                                        at StardewValley.Game1.UpdateCharacters(GameTime time) in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\0\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 6103
                                        at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\0\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 2335
                                        at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
                                        at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
                                        at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
                                        at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
                                        at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
                                        at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
                                        at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
                                        at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
                                        at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
                                        at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
                                        at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
                                        at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
                                        at StardewValley.Program.Main(String[] args) in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\0\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Program.cs:line 122

Thread Status:
                                        Not open for further replies.