1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Stardew Valley Multiplayer Beta: Known Issues & Fixes 2

Discussion in 'Support' started by Katzeus, Jun 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. voSEir

voSEir Space Hobo

In a game with 25% of item values checked, every item has had its value divided by 4 except all tackles, which seem to be at regular values (I had never considered making a Tackle oriented farm before finding out about this) :D

Also, when fishing and getting a treasure, there is always a little sound at the end of the minigame but before opening the treasure. When the sound occurs, the player loses energy as if he had casted his fishing rod again.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
    • Rosietron

Rosietron Intergalactic Tourist

This crash wasn't on here and it happened consistently 3 times in a row: Me and my friend were trying to play the fishing game at the harvest festival in fall and the game would crash on both of us every time. It only happened when we would try to play at the same time.

During the Winter Market Festival the bridge on the beach was broken for me (the connectee, P2). I couldn't cross it and it appeared as though it wasn't fixed, but it was fine for my friend (the host).

There also seems to be a problem with stores being open on days they're supposed to be closed. I gave Clint my Pick-Axe to upgrade on a Thursday and Mayor Lewis returned it in the mail the next day, with ALL upgrades removed. Not sure if that's a separate bug; when an upgraded tool is returned to you it is returned with 0 upgrades.

Last very specific bug we've recently encountered involved passing out. I was waiting for the host to get to the edge of the map to start Hallow's Eve but she forgot and the clock hit 2 AM. Instead of passing out, I was teleported from the 'waiting for players 1/2' to my house and could walk around my home and do things normally while the host was stuck on a black screen. The end of day didn't trigger until I left my house. Then it ended normally and the game continued. I don't remember if we were charged the "pass out fee".

• Koihime Nakamura

Koihime Nakamura Ketchup Robot

Version: 1.3.17

The Fishing Game freezes as I try to cast - displays the bar for casting strength, but does nothing else, and won't exit out. (Hitting Escape to end it works as long as I haven't tried to cast.)

• One More Day

One More Day Cosmic Narwhal

I usually keep a very close eye on my energy while fishing, particularly if I'm low on energy at the end of the day, and I also noticed a few times that my energy was one cast lower than expected.

I just assumed that I was making mistakes while counting, resolving to pay closer attention next time.

I've also heard the extra noise with a treasure chest and wondered what it was; it sounds exactly the same as if you drop an item into the water. For a while I thought it might even be a bug where I was losing the first (or last) item from my chest.

But I'd never linked the two, but now it seems very plausible indeed that this is indeed what is happening.

• LassieTartan

LassieTartan Space Hobo

Random crashes during co-op - report attached.

Attached Files:

• Gamersspirit

Gamersspirit Intergalactic Tourist

I want to report a buck in which the game always crashes.

I started a new game, and everytime I enter the mine for the first time the dialog will open and the game will crash immediately after. Everytime, it's to 100% reproduceable. I tried sleeping a couple days to get ahead, but it will still crash.

Current Version Number: 1.3.17

Error log:

InnerException:
              Stack Trace: bei StardewValley.NPC.translateName(String name) in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\0\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\NPC.cs:Zeile 444.
              bei StardewValley.Character.get_displayName() in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\0\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Character.cs:Zeile 78.
              bei StardewValley.NPC.getName() in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\0\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\NPC.cs:Zeile 483.
              bei StardewValley.Menus.DialogueBox.drawPortrait(SpriteBatch b) in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\0\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Menus\DialogueBox.cs:Zeile 676.
              bei StardewValley.Menus.DialogueBox.draw(SpriteBatch b) in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\0\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Menus\DialogueBox.cs:Zeile 881.
              bei StardewValley.Game1.Draw(GameTime gameTime) in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\0\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:Zeile 11402.
              bei Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DrawFrame()
              bei Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
              bei Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
              bei Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
              bei Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
              bei Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
              bei System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
              bei System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
              bei System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
              bei System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
              bei System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
              bei Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
              bei Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
              bei StardewValley.Program.Main(String[] args) in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\0\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Program.cs:Zeile 122.

• One More Day

One More Day Cosmic Narwhal

If you have a fix then why can't it be put out immediately?

It effectively makes starting a new farm impossible, because you can't use the mines.

And if you aren't getting it out immediately then when will it be out?

Blorp likes this.
                • Mom2Point0

Mom2Point0 Space Hobo

Crashes when Marlon visit after building the Slime hutch (attached the error log)

Attached Files:

• Blorp

Blorp Big Damn Hero

For the devs:
                    openTreasureMenuEndFunction calls completelyStopAnimatingOrDoingAction, which eventually gets back to FishingRod.DoFunction, which obviously isn't expecting it at this stage.

One fix:
                    Change (in FishingRod.DoFunction)
                    if (!this.isFishing && !this.castedButBobberStillInAir && !this.pullingOutOfWater && !this.isNibbling && !this.hit)
                    to
                    if (!this.isFishing && !this.castedButBobberStillInAir && !this.pullingOutOfWater && !this.isNibbling && !this.hit && !this.showingTreasure)

and

else if (!this.isCasting && !this.pullingOutOfWater)
                    to
                    else if (!this.isCasting && !this.pullingOutOfWater && !this.showingTreasure)

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
                    • FrozenFlame99

FrozenFlame99 Intergalactic Tourist

Talking to Marlon the adventurer guy during the fall festival causes me to crash during multiplayer gameplay. When I attempt to talk to him, the speech bubble appears, but its blank, and the game freezes. Then the game closes.

• Icelily123

Icelily123 Intergalactic Tourist

I have downloaded the file and put it where the directions told me but my game keeps crashing any advice?

• Mizzion

Mizzion Phantasmal Quasar

Not to sound rude, but did you unzip the files? There should be 7 files inside the zip Those all go into your "Stardew Valley\Content\Data\" folder. I've tested it on three separate machines, as well as helped others install it. I've yet to see where it would fail. Unless it's something other than Marlon causing your crash.

• VineYard

VineYard Tentacle Wrangler

I'm fairly sure this isn't a bug, but it's still pretty disturbing.

Attached Files:

One More Day likes this.
                            • faronheights

faronheights Tentacle Wrangler

I don't know if this is intended or not, but sometimes fishing will take two charges worth of energy. The only time I've observed this is when I pick up a treasure, so I don't remember if that's intended in the basic game or not.

• VineYard

VineYard Tentacle Wrangler

Crash during Multiplayer visit to stardew valley fair

Attached Files:

• kritterfox

kritterfox Intergalactic Tourist

I've had a few crashes now at the varying festivals, possibly seems to happen when I talk to the Adventurer Guild guy with the eye patch. Happens co-op and even solo player!

• candifloss

candifloss Void-Bound Voyager

It's my first winter in the game and Gunther came to my house on Sunday the 7th in the morning. He told me some information about how I've donated a lot of things to the museum blah blah and gave me the rusty key, however his profile photo disappeared in certain dialogues.
                                    "Well I just wanted to stop by..."
                                    "And it's all thanks to you!"
                                    "I have a gift for you..."
                                    His photo was still present in the rest of the dialogue just not those specific ones.

Pierre also came to my door consecutively after him to tell me about next spring if that helps as well.

• Jowy Avilon

Jowy Avilon Aquatic Astronaut

Robin's character model keeps disappearing both in single and multiplayer. On Winter 19 year 1 right now and have my coop being upgraded today, so it should be done tomorrow, but Robin herself is neither in the coop or at her shop.

• sholee

sholee Void-Bound Voyager

Game crashes when I enter the beach in winter for the night market.

Attached Files:

• Trixie9819

Trixie9819 Void-Bound Voyager

Also when fishing, if you are above 20 energy when you catch the fish, and it loses the energy to open the chest which causes you to be below 20 (I hope that makes sense) then you don't get the 'you are starting to feel exhausted' message or the little jiggle of the energy bar that warns you. If you cast again, you get the jiggle (as normal) but if you get a treasure chest again, that will put you in the exhausted state, pretty much out of the blue. This is in a single player farm with Beta 1.3.17 as well as the multiplayer farm posted above.

Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.