Tool StarDew Valley ModManager(SDVMM) 3 -VB based

Discussion in 'Mods' started by yuukiw, Mar 2, 2016.

1. Acrimonia

Acrimonia Subatomic Cosmonaut

VergilCarter, perhaps try installing Net Framework 4.5?
    I'm afraid I can't tell you if that's the actual problem, but given that yuukiw mentioned earlier writing within framework 4.5, it'd be a good first step and allow us to move on to the next few.
    Secondarily, and this is an obvious one but can happen to us all, are you running it as an administrator?

• yuukiw

yuukiw Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The message states that it can't find the file/that the path is wrong . Could you upload your ini.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2016
      • yuukiw

1.4b added an setting menu

Last edited: Mar 11, 2016
          Acrimonia likes this.
        • VergilCarter

VergilCarter Tentacle Wrangler

I wasn't sure so i run the installer, but its says its installed, so its fine :)

Of course i do :)

Sorry, but what do you mean with ini?

EDIT:
          Downloaded the new version and, thanks to the settings, i saw the paths to the folders wasn't right...

Everything's fine now :D

Last edited: Mar 11, 2016
            yuukiw likes this.
          • yuukiw

Nice to hear that it helped^^

• Shipool

Shipool Void-Bound Voyager

This implies a system kind of like CKAN for Kerbal Space Program, right?
              If so, that would be amazing. No more digging through forums to locate mods, just open the program and have the modding community's power at your fingertips!

Even if that's not the plan, this is an amazing tool. I love it. 10/10.

yuukiw likes this.
              • yuukiw

if i got that right then mod creator can add mods them self by providing an json file?
                thats a rather good idea to implement it actually, thanks

• Shipool

Shipool Void-Bound Voyager

Yes, I believe that's how they do it. I'm not entirely certain as I've never really cracked it open to see. I do believe it loads from a github or something of the such.
                  Keep up the great work.

• Delsin7

Delsin7 Space Spelunker

Thank you very much for this mod! I only have a few sprite replacers so far, but the tool ver 1.4~ works great. This will also make it easier to test some minor mods I'm planning on doing.

• PyroSalamander

PyroSalamander Intergalactic Tourist

It would be nice if there was a system where you can name the file for the manager but it keeps the "working" name when installed. Mainly when you have a bunch of portrait mods that you would want to be able to switch through easily. As far as I know you can't change the name yet and if you have multiple portrait mods for the same person it'll be just a big list of files with the exact same name where you can't tell which is which. (all the mods i'm talking about are xmbs)

• Fyn

Fyn Pangalactic Porcupine

Much like SMAPI and Storm, doesn't work with Windows XP. :( Says Not a Valid Win32 application.

Any chance you could make XP supported down the line?

Last edited: Mar 14, 2016
                        • Fourleafclov

Fourleafclov Void-Bound Voyager

Can you use this to load SMAPI and Storm mods together? mods that do entirely different things, but I want to use both.

• Glagroon

Glagroon Void-Bound Voyager

No, You can't load both APIs at the same time and have the same instance of the game. You would end up with two independent SDV-Instances one using Storm, one using SMAPI.

• yuukiw

fixed the ini form it should now actually work like intented again.

• Mentol

Mentol Space Hobo

Might be of interest to add a comment about the .exe being seen as a virus, by Bitdefender. Or to be more precise "potentially malicious application detected" - resulting in the .exe being deleted on activation.

Of course, exceptions can be added, the file can be redownloaded and so on. Just adding my experience until this point. Can give no feedback on the actual app yet, thanks for the effort either way.

Edit : Nevermind, it's completely unusable. It marks the file as infected, restoring doesn't help much since the exe won't start. No manager for me, might check back later for a later build.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2016
                                • Umeneko

Umeneko Void-Bound Voyager

Exe will not start for me either, I don't think anything is blocking it.

• Hobro

Hobro Void-Bound Voyager

I'm just now getting into modding Stardew and I downloaded your application. I want to use xmb files with it, and your op suggests that I need xnbnode to use them. However I'm not entirely sure what you mean by that and how I can get them to work in conjunction. I've downloaded xnbnode and there are not instructions (that I can find by simple googling) for both installation and using SDVMM with it. A guide or help would be greatly appreciated!

• yuukiw

1.4g with selfupdate up.

• yuukiw

xnbnode was only needed for extractin xnb to change them (devs only)
                                        But this feature was only in the batch version.

• nickelcurry

nickelcurry Subatomic Cosmonaut

I'm getting this error, not sure what it means:

[​IMG]