Stardew Valley Mayor Or CEO Quest Warning!: Extremely Long!!!!

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by BewareOfOni, Nov 23, 2016.

1. BewareOfOni

BewareOfOni Tentacle Wrangler

Many people have been talking about a quest like this and I would like to properly to tell you how this quest will work! This is quest is affected! by who you choose! Joja Or Stardew Valley the choice is yours!

Stardew Valley Mayor Route:

Beginning: After you finish the community center, in year 3, spring 1 you have Lewis outside waiting for you telling you he's getting married tomorrow as well as a important announcement and he asks you to attend, Spring 2, After you wake up, you arrive at Lewi's wedding just like any other wedding you had, after that everyone in the town is gathered in the town square enjoying the food and celebrating, then Lewis and Marnie walks in and say they have a announcement to say that they are going on a honeymoon and Lewis is retiring, everyone is in shock as they are thinking what are they going to do but then Lewis picks out the next mayor and that next mayor is you! And everyone is disagrees with you being the mayor except, robin, willy, Clint and Gus plus your wife/husband, Lewis and Marnie leave and if your wondering who's going to run the ranch well its going to be Shane anyways, robin tells you to meet her at Lewi's after Lewi's train leaves (visit between 10am and 10pm) then robin tells you about the abandoned projects Lewis and robin left behind and shows it to you then after some DIALOGUE you are left with these projects to build! Project book will be available inside the community center office

Buildings, Location and resources to make:

School: A school for educational purposes... duh! this school could offer new schedules for, penny, Vincent, jas and any other bachelor/bachelorette who's still a teen plus your kids if more content is added to them.

School Location: the location should right next to the community center cause if you noticed that fence right next to the community center Kind of looks like a construction site to my eyes, don't ya think so two? and its right next to the community center, COMMUNITY TEACHER KNOWLEDGE!!!!!

School Resources:

800 Wood, 500 Hardwood, 2mil gold and 300 stone

Church Of Yoba: There needs to be a bigger church!! Yoga Believers UNITE!!!!

Church Of Yoba Location: The church of Yoba should be where the cemetery is, the tombstones will be inside the church of Yoba cause I believe there should be a place inside where it honors the dead but yeah I believe it should be there

Church Of Yoba Resources: 100 gold ingots, 5 million gold, 300 hardwood

Improved docks: (Requirement: Build that dang beach bridge!) New docks that is a requirement for Town Market Place :3

Improved docks location: The improved docks should either! Expand onto the new beach or should just be on the new beach.

Improved docks resources: 600 wood, 100 hard wood 1 million gold

Improved Saloon: Improves Gus's Saloon as well adding a gambling room for Mr... QI!!!! yep he moves out from oasis after you make this.

Improved Saloon Location: Gus's Saloon :3 and for the gambling room in the storage room with a elevator going up or down to it.

Improved Saloon Resources: 3mil and 300 wood

Town Market Center: (Requires improved docks and improved saloon) This is Market Center is where all three traders unite, Pierre (he doesn't use his house after you make this), That caravan woman (she'll be in there permanently after you add it, she will be available everyday) And... SANDY! (She moves out of the oasis and moves to Stardew valley permanently, making her a bachelorette and a resident.)

Town Market Center Location: Where the old abandoned joja building is.

Town Market Center Resources: 7 million gold, 500 wood and 100 hardwood

Finale: Everyone is pleased with your progress and they support you as the new mayor as well as Lewis which he returns in year 4 summer or autumn

Stardew Valley Joja CEO Route:

Beginning: After you finish the joja route, in year 3 Morris comes by your house telling you how much you helped joja and he asks if you want to be CEO, you have the right to say yes or no, if yes you attend the promotion ceremony at joja, THIS! does not require any materials or money ^w^ after the ceremony, Morris tells you about his promotion and how he's moving back to Zuzu city for a bit and he wants you to convince the local businesses to buy their supplies.

The businesses you have to convince:

1. Willy

2. Gus

3. Robin

4. Marnie

5. Pierre's

All of these businesses have quests they want you to complete or they want money or they could let you by with your relationship status with them or son/daughter to initiate the quest or the talk, you can give the businesses your Joja CEO Id card which is given to you by Morris after the promotion ceremony.

1. Willy: Willy's fishing business

Willy's quest: Willy wants you to catch ALL of the legendary fish within the game, after you got all the fish, give them to willy then a cut scene will begin and after that he will agree to buy from joja

Willy's cost: 100,000 gold

Willy's Relationship status needed: 2 hearts

2. Gus: Saloon

Gus's quest: beat the piaire king game or jumino kart

Gus's cost: 300,000 gold

Gus's Relationship needed: 4 hearts

3. Robin

Robin's quest: buy everything building off her list

Robin's Cost: 500,000 gold

Robin's Relationship needed: 5 hearts

4. Marnie: Ranch

Marnie's quest:

Marnie's Cost: 1 mil gold

Marnie's Relationship needed: 6 hearts

5. Pierre: Pierre's shop

Pierre's quest: date Abigail and get high relationship with Caroline to convince Pierre

Pierre's cost: 5mil gold

Pierre's relationship needed: none

Finale: Morris returns to Stardew valley to congratulate you but he demotes you back down into a customer at the end... Joja has evil endings after all!!

My ideas on the quest for now.

- BewareOf

Scritchowl, Dcarlos and IronZelly like this.
    • Jayfeather980

Jayfeather980 Subatomic Cosmonaut

I'm not a big fan of the Joja Route, simply because the two routes are such a radical departure from each other. At least they should have the same overall outcome. It doesn't seem as thought the Joja route is really necessary. Also, I don't think dating anyone should be a requirement. (Too awkward if you are already married to someone else, or playing a straight female)

Improving the Docks should open up a Cruse Ship event, where a ship comes into port every season and tourists visit Stardew Valley. Maybe Emily and Haily's Parents could start to visit once a year.

A really Ambitions idea would be booking a cruse during the winter and visiting a resort on the other side of The Gem Sea... I would see this as a more substantial version of the Calico Desert.

Dcarlos likes this.
      • Jayfeather980

Jayfeather980 Subatomic Cosmonaut

One of the ideas I had for multiplayer inspired an improvement on this concept.

Having additional "Buses to other areas." They not actual buses but function the same way the current bus does.

The Aforementioned Dock could allow the player to take a ferry to another area (Maybe a Mediterranean-themed resort, with a Labyrinth-like dungeon to explore)
        The area north of the tracks could feature a broken ski-gondola, once repaired, you can ride to the summit where you can ski back down. (This could be a fun mini game.)
        It seems like Zuzu City would be a good destination as well, Perhaps you could take a train. (Zuzu Express) Which is unlocked by making some kind of deal with the city.

Each of these areas should offer unique shops and foraging opportunities, as well as a "Risky diversion" like the skull cave in the desert.

I also think the Church of Yoba could be placed on the hill just north of Joja-mart (Perhaps there could be older, bigger graveyard on the lower tier, and the church could be placed on the upper tier.)

Dcarlos likes this.
        • _PandorasBox_

_PandorasBox_ Sandwich Man

It shouldn't have a set year to make happen, it should be perhaps the next year after you complete either or ( I don't think I finished the CC until year 3, because it was a pain in the butt trying to catch the fish, as I rarely fish ) . Or that you can't take care of the farm anymore. You'd have other activities to do, but you can still make time for it! Also, it's extremely doubtful that any of the shops, except maybe Willy, would actually buy from Joja, simply because Pierre hates their guts, and Marnie and Robin don't seem like the type of people who would work for such corrupted people. Gus? I don't know about him, he might be good for it, like Willy, he might not be, I dunno his character that well, I rarely go to the Saloon except to give Sam, Shane, and Sebastian ( And sometimes Pam ) gifts of food and beer
          But apart from that, that sounds like it could be fun. Gives something more to do after finishing up the main questline things. And it would make sense that Lewis retires sometime while you're playing, since he's probably over 70 ( Which is even creepier with Marnie and him ) , and would realistically die soon ( Or at least just kinda poof and go to the city or something, so as not to upset the younger players ) . Maybe any children you have, and spouse, could help you along with some of the work too~ If you have any, of course, if not, then you'd just be doing it by yourself, or with your spouse. Make it easier with them, but not make it required since some people don't want children or spouses.
          And yeah, requiring to date someone wouldn't be that good either. I like playing my characters as males, and I like playing them as gay because I find it absolutely adorable, so the likelihood of me ever marrying Abigail, along with other people who don't like her, or don't want to date or marry her in general, are very very low. Mostly since most people are married by the time they complete the bundles, whether it be through Joja, or the CC

Dcarlos likes this.
          • the_ear_pixie

the_ear_pixie Void-Bound Voyager

I think another cool option would be to make it so that in year 3 the mayor's position is up for election. Maybe Lewis doesn't want to give up the title himself, but if you're at 10 hearts with enough villagers then you can win the vote. The vote will be proposed in Spring year 3, vote itself will occur in summer year 3. Just enough time to help you get most of the support you need, but not enough to make you mayor if you've been completely neglecting everyone for your entire play through. Personally I've always been annoyed by Lewis, and I've always wanted to take his spot as mayor from him. But if you respect his position you could also opt to not run against him.

Dcarlos likes this.
            • Dcarlos

Dcarlos Space Hobo

It would be cool, as a mayor, to be able to create festivals on days when there is nothing, like horse racing, dog/cat racing, tomato war festival like Harvest Moon BtN.
              And also festivals to reward the better cow/chicken/rabbit/pig/sheep/dinosaur/duck of region, as in Harvest Moon.

And sorry for my English ...

• EnchantedFox2121

EnchantedFox2121 Orbital Explorer

I like the idea of eventually becoming Mayor. It could open up the potential to do other projects in the town. I agree it should happen after CC or JoJa quests are finished and should happen regardless of which side you choose. The JoJa CEO quest doesn't really seem necessary. The mayor route could be played 2 different ways: taking project requests from the townspeople, collecting certain items to complete projects, etc. or straight up buying things for the town with certain repercussions. Completing projects in a way similar to the CC would lead to a boost in friendship with NPCs, but doing it it like JoJa would lead to a slight drop in friendship along with other small negatives. i.e. School: CC style route: Penny is the teacher & gets to teach what she wants, boost in friendship with her, Jas, & Vincent; JoJa style route: Penny is the teacher, but she has to go by strict guidelines on what to teach, uniforms, friendship with Penny stays the same, but slight drop with Jas & Vincent.

On the idea of the market, I think that's a brilliant idea. Emily could sell cloth, gems, etc.; Willy: fish, Leah: artwork (which you can put in your house and isn't available in the catalog), and so on. Maybe instead of them there everyday, certain NPCs are there on varying days. i.e. Leah on Saturdays & Wednesdays; Willy: Sunday & Monday; etc.

_PandorasBox_ likes this.
                • TheTearer

TheTearer Phantasmal Quasar

I agree that there shouldn't be a set date for this to start. Have it be the next season or two after the community center is restored. Otherwise you have players possibly waiting a long time, getting bored, and moving on to a new character without even knowing this quest is there. Having Lewis pick the next mayor and having townspeople disagree doesn't work either, because a)not how role of mayor works (elected official) and b) if you've made it to restoring the community center or your (BewareofOni) plan of Year 3, you're probably pretty popular so why wouldn't these guys want you to be mayor? Better to have Lewis saying he's going to retire becasue honeymoon! About time! Then announce the race for mayor, and a vote in say two weeks mabye? or next season? And a series of quests that people can find by talking to the townspeople and trying to get their votes, and each quest gets you that person's vote. Or better, Lewis's list of projects that need to be done to improve the town and bring people in, and you do them, thus showing you're the best candidate.

• Radio Silence

Radio Silence Intergalactic Tourist

Idk if you are still here but Im gonna work on a mod based of this, I am not gonna post it for profit, and the credit is gonna be posted to your username here. In case you wanna change the credit part or need anything reach out to me at radiosilence#0967 on discord!