1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Stardew Valley iOS saving problem.

Discussion in 'Support' started by JayChovin, Nov 14, 2018.

Tags:
  1. JayChovin

JayChovin Space Hobo

My fiancé has been playing stardew valley on her iPhone and absolutely loves the games but recently she just got to “Day 1 of Spring, Year 3” and she can’t get past that screen it just says “Saving...” at the bottom left corner. She tried resetting her day from the most recent save file which happens to be exactly 2:00AM and also tried completely restarting the day which hasn’t helped. She also tried just leaving her phone with the game open for over 30 minutes to see if it just needed extra time to load and or save. I told her to just wait for the next update to come out which just came out today and that also has not fixed the issue. Hopefully someone can provide us with a fix because she has 70 hours in the game already and doesn’t want to start from scratch. Again please help if you can!

• angeleyes181

angeleyes181 Seal Broken

I’m having the exact same problem. Day 1 of year 3 refuses to load. I read something about a cut scene that was supposed to happen, but I can’t seem to get that far.

PookaKat and wagnerjean17 like this.
      • dennyforreal

dennyforreal Space Hobo

I have the same issue only on day 7 of spring year 2. If it is a cut scene issue maybe that is what is happening since the wedding is supposed to happen?

Attached Files:

Jmm1020 and wagnerjean17 like this.
        • Shenp13

Shenp13 Space Hobo

I’m having the same issue. Year 3 won’t load. I try and restart the day and still when I try and save it just says saving and won’t start the next day. It’s not related to a marriage cut scene. I’m already married.

Ephielina and wagnerjean17 like this.
          • McKracken

McKracken Space Hobo

Same here, although on Fall 26, Year 2. Wedding was suppose to happen the next day. Maybe days with cutscenes trigger the game to not save/load correctly?

Jmm1020, Gtb97 and wagnerjean17 like this.
            • Melodywoman

Melodywoman Space Hobo

Hello everyone, have the same Problem. My Game is in Spring 7th Year 2 and my Marriage Day. It is loading and loading, can't play the days after the 7th! Can everyone help?

wagnerjean17 likes this.
              • irenejaneog

irenejaneog Space Hobo

Experiencing the same thing ! And I thought it was either me bulking up in the shipping bin that’s y it’s taking long or it’s just the new update that’s messing up the load.....lagging every time and tried all methods. Nothing worked. Rip

wagnerjean17 likes this.
                • Pafcio

Pafcio Space Hobo

Same problem. Day 1 of year 3.

wagnerjean17 likes this.
                  • moretoshes

moretoshes Lucky Number 13

Same problem. Day 7 year 3 ends, daily sales are calculated, and then the screen gets stuck on saving data as it transitions to day 8. Marriage day should be on day 8, so it may be the cut scene that triggers the bug (just a guess).

wagnerjean17 likes this.
                    • Repulsa

Repulsa Space Hobo

same issue as of yesterday, day 1 of spring year 3. Just gets stuck on the black screen that says day one of spring with saving down in the bottom left corner. Already married.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2018
                        wagnerjean17 likes this.
                      • wagnerjean17

wagnerjean17 Poptop Tamer

Same problem for me, summer day 6 year 2. Was supposed to be the wedding on day 7. I sure hope they fix this. Everything was great until after the update.

• Gtb97

Gtb97 Space Hobo

Ugh hopefully this gets fixed soon. Same problem for me with the marriage. Obviously for all the people getting married there’s been a lot of hours put into the game so I will be so done if I have to restart.

• :Nanners:

:Nanners: Space Hobo

Yep, same problem for me. Going into day 26 of fall year 3, which should be my wedding day. I’m using an iPad mini 4, playing the 1.05 version. Really wishing I hadn’t updated from 1.03 now... it’s nice to have another shipping bin working, but I’d rather not have the bin than not be able to play at all. At least in a crash you can restart the game; with this bug, the game is essentially bricked for now. I know the devs work hard, so I’m sure a fix is coming. I’m just craving my next hit!

Gtb97 likes this.
                            • PookaKat

PookaKat Space Hobo

I’m having the same issue. I have a saved game that has over 16 hours of playtime on it, and I’ve made a lot of progress. On that save, I’m one day away from being married. When I go to sleep to start the next day (wedding day), the game never loads. It just stays on the “saving” screen, never continues after that. I’ve stayed on that screen for quite a while. I’ve tried closing the game and reopening it, and it just loads me back to the day before. I’m confused on what to do, I don’t want to lose all the progress I’ve made.

Tango63 and Gtb97 like this.
                              • HarveyLover

HarveyLover Space Hobo

I'm having the same issue as you all. Have 33 hours invested, hopefully, they're getting this fixed. My husband is a developer (not at Chuchklefish) and he's telling me to be patient, but.... :(

Gtb97 likes this.
                                • whym

whym Space Hobo

I am having the same issue, I have an iPhone 7, iOS version 12.1 and the newest game update. I am in year two and trying to get from spring 28 to fall 1- I gave a mermaid amulet and the ceremony is supposed to happen on fall 1. I can't progress at all, I have tried getting up and going straight to bed, skipping the moon jellies, nothing works

• Nuclearro

Nuclearro Space Hobo

I’m having the same problem on spring 1st year 3 (I’m already married).

• Tango63

Tango63 Space Hobo

The same problem, day 1 of spring 3, but unmarried

Gtb97 likes this.
                                      • Gtb97

Gtb97 Space Hobo

I think spring in year 3 is when grandpa comes or something. So it must be the cutscenes are causing the issues.

• Tango63

Tango63 Space Hobo

And I am so curious to know how the game continues with grandpa...

Gtb97 likes this.