RELEASED Stardew Valley Expansion

Discussion in 'Mods' started by tegobash, Oct 14, 2016.

1. tegobash

tegobash Big Damn Hero

[​IMG]

The mod will get an update after SV is out of the beta. It is currently playable with bugs (all texts and the shops are broken) with the current stable version of SV (SMAPI 2.5.5 with Stardew Valley 1.2.33).

This mod is developed by Tego, with a huge help from Entoarox, Acerbicon and HopeWasHere who I consider co-authors. Also the winery uses some amazing textures by Dentrala and sheetcakeghost.

The goal of the mod is to expand Stardew Valley and Pelican Town by adding new, immersive locations and characters.
    Features:
    • An additional farm land with a winery for you to purchase; WORKING
    • A diner where you can buy coffee and meals; SHOP BROKEN
    • A gas station where you can buy alcohol and stuff; SHOP BROKEN
    • Some additions to the town (Gunther has a house now!); WORKING
    • Few secret areas; WORKING
    • Two additional characters with portraits and houses (and storylines that are going to be incorporated into the game in future versions) DIALOGUE NOT WORKING
    NEXUS PAGE DISCORD

FAQ:
    - How to install the mod?
    0. Install SMAPI: https://smapi.io
    1. Install Entoarox Framework: https://community.playstarbound.com/resources/smapi-entoarox-framework.4228/
    2. Install Entoarox' Advanced Location Loader: https://community.playstarbound.com/resources/smapi-advanced-location-loader.3619/
    3. Download the mod: https://community.playstarbound.com/resources/smapi-advanced-location-loader.3619/
    4. Place SVE folder inside /Mods/AdvancedLocationLoader/locations/
    5. Enjoy!
    - Why it takes so long to update it?
    There are 13 reasons why (jk, only 4):
    1. This mod requires a huge amount of work, even if it doesn't look so.
    2. I am a busy man.
    3. It depends on Entoarox' mods.
    4. I am really bad with code. If anyone wants to help - come to me, my precious.
    - Why don't you pass the mod to someone else since you clearly have no time to maintain it?
    Because I have a vision for this mod. I have storylines that I'd like to show, characters that I'd like to expand. And because I haven't found a right person.
    - Why a mod like this?
    To be honest, I considered giving up the mod more than once but seeing that after a few years the most popular mods are still things like "Anime Rattlesnake - Horse replacer" I think that SV lacks content. And I believe I can create that content without changing the original feel to the game.

I do not give my permission to use any part of the mod in any other project. Co-authors (Entoarox, Acerbicon and HopeWasHere) may give their permission to use their assets and Dentrala gave her permission to use her winery textures.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2018
    • Ribbonain

Ribbonain Pangalactic Porcupine

Love the second map option :D

tegobash likes this.
      • Jim Jones

Jim Jones Void-Bound Voyager

• eemie

eemie Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Oooh *watches thread*

Will the expansion work for all the farm maps?
        Also what if I only want the part of your mod where I could purchase a winery? I always have space left on my farms so I wouldnt know what to do with your expansion haha

• tegobash

tegobash Big Damn Hero

Probably not until there's something better than tIDE for map making. I would have to kill myself if I was to make the same expansion over and over again, then check for misplaced tiles and so on. Additionally I don't use any other farm map than farming since I find them all stupid. Why would it be called a farm if it's in the middle of the forest? Google a farm, ConsernedApe.

I'll consider a smaller map version with winery only.

joyous.ariella and eemie like this.
          • Coolwyngs

Coolwyngs Giant Laser Beams

• Aveloren

Aveloren Subatomic Cosmonaut

Waiting on this release to start my new save. Yours and Entoarox' work are the backbone of my play-throughs.

tegobash and foghorn like this.
            • Chaos_Incarnate91

Chaos_Incarnate91 Orbital Explorer

I can't seem to find a posting on the original farm expansion here, but is there any chance it will be updated to allow buildings to be placed on grass?

• tegobash

tegobash Big Damn Hero

If someone else wants to do it, I'd be happy to share the author title. Now I'm focusing on these two new projects.

• Naesaki

Naesaki Void-Bound Voyager

Really like the look of this, gonna give it a try once its available as I've been wanting to do a new game but not been a fan of the other map types so having a remake of the original farm map is perfect for me <3

The addition of a winery is just awesome, as I originally built a shed to hold all my kegs and it just didn't feel right xD

By the way I'm still fairly new to Stardew Modding I assume when you mention Entoarox' you mean having the Advanced Location Loader & Framework installed?

Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
                  • tegobash

tegobash Big Damn Hero

Yes.

Exactly, that's why I'm making this.

The farm mod is almost ready, unfortunately the winery will be open with no way to make a purchase until I and Ento figure out what's wrong with some stuff. The location adding mod is at tilesheet making stage, so... soon.

• Naesaki

Don't know if you want any feedback specifically but this just a slight suggestion/idea. Would you consider restoring the hill at the back, the one that connects to the grave and cave entrance? Just seems a little odd to have a massive gap in the hill like that, looks a bit out of place to me. (alternatively smooth out the right side of the grave hill so its raised back up to match the cave hill?)

Though I do really love the overall design of it, just that little bit I'm wondering about when it gets to in-game itself, though I might change my mind when I can experience it xD.

Aveloren likes this.
                      • tegobash

tegobash Big Damn Hero

Things have changed a little bit and now I'm considering releasing both mods together as one. Here's a sneak peek of what I've been working on:
                        [​IMG]

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

If this one connects to the right-hand side of the bus stop that'll be sweet, cause that means you've expanded the stardew world without needing to add new access points (I've always thought the invis barrier there felt weird!)

Aveloren and fftljoe like this.
                          • Jim Jones

Jim Jones Void-Bound Voyager

Random question, with the 2nd option will the exit from the farm to the south be blocked off to us until we upgrade our tools or are you just going to block off the other bits?

• tegobash

tegobash Big Damn Hero

Well actually I thought that the delivery truck next to Joja looks kind of weird without any way to park it there, so I made a small road going east from there. I'll think about expanding from the Bus Stop too. This time I wanted to make the town a little bit bigger, so I've added Gunther's house few steps north from Joja (exterior texture ready, working on interior).
                              No, I don't want to take away an option available in vanilla from the beginning. The entrance to the winery will be blocked though.

The farm is almost ready, I'm still thinking of a way to add the purchase option to the winery. This time, to avoid bugs, I've decided to test every feature before releasing, so I've been playing with the winery for some time and decided to not make it too big and clean. I don't want it to be like the shed. The backstory is that the building was abandoned some time ago, so it's kind of cluttered with barrels and so on.
                              Two new maps are also almost ready, a road (exterior going east from Joja Mart, like a delivery road) and a diner (interior) next to the road. I'm planning to set up a custom shop in the diner to make a place to buy cooked food. It's taking this long because texturing is difficult when you don't have any experience in pixel art.

And here's another sneak peek.
                              [​IMG]

• Naesaki

Really loving the progress on this, these expansions just feel rather natural :D Looking forward to see were the rest of this goes.

• SKKN

SKKN Big Damn Hero

So Tego, what if we would want to continue using your old expansion map for the farm map but want to get your other additions like dinner and stuff. Will it be possible to just not add the farm.xnb in ALL and ergo get the rest of your mod?

• tegobash

tegobash Big Damn Hero

Well, the simple answer is: no. But I think that one could still use TSE farm map (copying old farm file to the new mod folder) and have access to the Diner. It would cause a lot of issues and I won't support it, and, of course, there will be no winery, but if one wants to do so, he knows how to.

• Zalkyria

Zalkyria Existential Complex

I look forward to the future of this mod :D I can't wait to see more ^^