WIP Stardew Valley Overhaul 1.0 [ALPHA]

Discussion in 'Mods' started by XCube591, Mar 24, 2016.

1. Androxilogin

Androxilogin Giant Laser Beams

Understandable.. They were all edited with 1.07 in mind. Unfortunately I'm not around my pc tonight. I've noticed some tile problems in the Forest, Backwoods, Backwoods2 and BusStop. Through The Woods was not originally meant to be included with this mod so those portions have yet to be updated in this version.. There have since been additions so rather than upload the outdated I've gone with continuing on. Someone may have the tilesheet you requested here, if not I'll upload it tomorrow.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Shut down other programs, your PC doesnt have enough memory available to load all the tilesheets.

• wooby6

wooby6 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I have 16Gb of ram, so its not my pc memory

I've seen the "out of memory" often come up with tbin files (maps) that are trying to load tilesheets that don't match the stored version

Last edited: Oct 27, 2016
        • Androxilogin

Here it is. I will most likely put this into action as a security precaution with impossible tilesheets. I've been testing with my Extended Cellar to prevent outside edits/mistaken credit. I was unaware it was present in my work here. Although I don't condone work on my personal map files, like I said, it's an older version so I can't say it's too threatening. Plus the fact that it also includes content that isn't my own.

Attached Files:

• wooby6

wooby6 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thanks for the tilesheet.
            And I understand you completely, as I stated before it was for Personal Editing
            Meaning It's for my own personal use, I don't plan on releasing it to the public.
            But if I ever did, I would first seek permission form you, Entoarox (for the patched version of Tego's Stardew Expansion) and of course Tegobash, before posting it.
            And I would credit all of you when it is posted.

Androxilogin likes this.
            • Coolwyngs

Coolwyngs Giant Laser Beams

Could you add the Skip Bus Fare, Fixed Railroad Access to Summit, and Horse Friendly Town with the beach path and Through the Woods please. Your work is amazing. I am looking forward to your next project.

• 13akoors

13akoors Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Most mod authors do not like others just adding their mods into another mod. He would most likely have to add everything on his own, and make it different to avoid issues, but I doubt he will do that

• Coolwyngs

Okay I understand that. But I can dream.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2016
                  • Androxilogin

Fixed Railroad Access to Summit has some tilesheet issues in when using it with the new version (I was looking into fixing it previously) and the new version just has scattered tiles everywhere since it's supposed to be inaccessible so it would need rebuilt. I did open up the path to the summit in recent days but I'm terrible at lining up the walls. Horse Friendly Town with the beach path and Through the Woods is there roughly, I had just run into problems so took some time off from the town. Entoarox mentioned that some of the changes I made may not be showing up because of information stored in my save. He turned out being right about that- only I'd switched things back and forth and got myself lost on where my progress was. I'm not sure what all the Horse Friendly Town mod has included but my town map was to extend cliffs and open fences a pixel and such. I have to get back into things soon. Lately I've just been trying to come up with new ideas for things that were untouched so far.

• Coolwyngs

That's cool I look forward to seeing you new version.

• Ulithium_Dragon

Ulithium_Dragon Space Kumquat

Ok so overall it seems like I got it working. There are one or two small issues, though:

1) I get an ALL error message spit into the console that reads: "Could not add warp to the "FarmExtension" location. it does not exist". This repeats 4 times with different coordinates. After running around in-game I can tell that these appear to be map transition points at the northwestern corner of the farm map. I rechecked all the file compatibility chains and could not find anything I did wrong, so I'm not sure about that one.

2) There's a rather odd sprite error on the map directly south of the farm. This is what I'm seeing:

[​IMG]

^Not sure what those sprites are from - looks like maybe wheels from one of the vehicles...?

*I'm not 100% sure this graphical error is being caused by this mod, though.

Other than the above it all seems to be working well. There are some other small graphical issues around the town, mostly where transition points occur, but they're not all that glaring and I can easily ignore them. They very well may just be a conflict from the modified town.xnb file I'm using from the "Horsefriendly Town" mod, but I really don't mind them very much. n.nU

EDIT: Screenshot of one of the areas with transitional sprite issues:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 28, 2016
                        • Androxilogin

Yeah, the FarmExtension warps were for another mod but the warps wouldn't work but they didn't seem to cause problems so they were left in there. Graphical issues need tending to but I've been busy with other projects.

• Ulithium_Dragon

The graphical issues are quite minor and easily ignorable. I did kinda figure that the warps were probably for the Farm Extension mod that's now decrepit.

Still appreciate the update, I love your mods!

--------------
                            Also I started looking at messing around with map editing, and it looks pretty complex. I got that tIDE tool working and opened the map files successfully, but failed to figure out how to copy things from one map file to another (I was planning on trying to merge the hot springs added by this mod with yours).

I tried making it into a custom brush, dragging the layer in from the other instance of the tool I had open, etc. but nothing worked. I didn't see any way to import things either so I kinda gave up till I could unearth some more info. :L

• Androxilogin

I rebuild everything from the ground up for compatibility patches and everything. Press 'P' and left-click whichever tile to find what sheet and TileIndex at the bottom then go from there. Make sure to right-click for propertiesof interactable tiles. There's more, of course but those are the basics. Just get used to the hotkeys and you'll speed right along. I'd explain more/do more map work but renovating a house the last two weeks so my time has been slim.

• Ulithium_Dragon

I've been figuring out the tool. It's a bit intimidating at first, but I've gone through stuff like that with other tools in the past (i.e. 3ds Max). I found some tutorials and stuff on how to use it for certain things (not Stardew Valley specific, but still relevant enough to help).

Anyways, thanks for the tips! :]

• Androxilogin

No problem. Happy learning!

• Androxilogin

Just want to mention, the next release of Expanded Crevices will most likely have all of these shortcuts included in it besides the upper left beside the swingset because it was basically pointless. I want to add the shortcut to the mountain in the upper right of the town map but users of tego's new (forget the name) would be incompatible and most likely come out sloppy.

• VitaminK

VitaminK Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Definitely following this mod! Great work so far.

• Ulithium_Dragon

@Androxilogin:

Your location mods are really all over the place and disorganized, and I really cannot tell which ones contain which location chunks. I need your advice, but let me explain my situation a bit first:

I've been refraining from updating AdvancedLocationLoader for a long time now since the new version does not work with the version of this mod you posted here, and I have no idea how to update it myself. However, since I am now getting CTD issues related to the mod Furniture Anywhere, which requires updating !EntoaroxFramework in order to fix, which breaks the old version of AdvancedLocationLoader I've been using with this mod, *Takes in a deep breath* - I no longer appear to have a choice.

Soooo what I'm asking is do you have a current version of either this mod, or a different location compilation that has the same areas?

I'm kinda scratching my head looking at your mod Expanded Crevices, which appears to be up to date, but I can't tell what you include with it (i.e. if it includes any of the areas added by *this* mod).
                                        Your descriptions are always EXTREMELY vague and undescriptive (just FYI)...

_________
                                        tl;dr:

Long story short: I really don't wanna have to forfeit all the fun new areas that *this* mod adds, but as I don't have much of a choice now I am asking your advice as to which location-adding mods (yours or similar) are currently up to date and working. :L

• Androxilogin

Disorganized? They all split off into their own things. Expanded Crevices is for adding shortcuts and new areas. VIP shows pixel improvements everywhere. Cleanup Crew is for debris and such. TreeLife replaces static trees with usable ones. They all have their own unique purpose..

If you're talking about inside the manifest, they weren't written to be easily edited, just to function. I have a system that I can easily find problem areas and correct them.

This mod was not mine to begin with so working on it was just as a fill-in. As stated above, the right side of town has a conflict with Tego's new mod location so I've been trying to find a workaround in Expanded Crevices. Thus far, some shortcuts in this mod have yet to be added to a new release but it is planned. This mod is a simple map replacement, other mods (EC) is added tile-by-tile so it takes extra care. Otherwise it's beyond my anticipated release adding things I hadn't intended on releasing until 2.0 (not including most shortcuts and things in this mod). FurnitureAnywhere is not compatible with all Stardew installations for odd, mysterious reasons, which is not my work so I couldn't say.

My descriptions are meant to be vague to entice user discovery rather than point, click.. Yay! In most cases, I'm working around the clock adding things to releases so to stop and fill out a report of everything I'm working to accomplish is not really my best option although I have been keeping a log on my mod blog when I get the chance. A lot of the time I'll add photos but by doing all of these things actually costs me about $20 or more a month.

Other than all of these things, I was unaware there was a compatibility issue- yet most things will be included in the EC update. (Excluding bridges; they're already there, they just have to be built for a price of supplies). For the release mentioned, I'll look into the problem when simply mentioned. If a simple incompatibility issue deters a user with no cause for alarm, I really can't find myself to be too concerned.

I strive for quality, not a user-base. Just an FYI, your post seemed VERY off-putting.

File attached here or below. Update Advanced Location Loader & Entoarox Framework to the latest version.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
                                            Ulithium_Dragon likes this.