1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Stardew Valley Android/iOS: Known Issues and Fixes

Discussion in 'Support' started by Katzeus, Mar 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

I see a number of people double or triple posting. Just a reminder to everyone to use the edit function to add to your posts or wait for someone else to reply first. Thanks. (;

MrStabz likes this.
    • Sertith

Sertith Void-Bound Voyager

I've been told you only see posts ITT, so here is the link to my thread I made on this board. https://community.playstarbound.com/threads/android-issues.153590/

"Reporting a few bugs. Summer day 26, if that matters. Android version 9, up to date.

1: I can't do the Community center anymore. The screen where you drop things to donate them is super zoomed in.

2: When you're in a storage screen, you can't see how many of each thing is there.

3: The nightly update of what you sold is not aligned properly and so you can't X out of that screen.?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• JabJab92

JabJab92 Aquatic Astronaut

Hello :)

My most recent issue with the mobile game (and this has only begin since the last update) is that when I try to rename my animals purchased from Marnie, it doesn't pop up the keyboard. Everything else works, you can press the random button, move the map around in the background, close and go back in etc. But the same thing happens every time with every animal. Please help!

I am playing on Android, a Huawei P3. I have checked, but there are no more updates to install.

Please fix it! I love playing this game.

Much love!
        Jab

Hi :) There is an update for this now. Go and check in the play store :)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2019
          Quillosaurus likes this.
        • Alison-Yumiko

Alison-Yumiko Intergalactic Tourist

Thank you to @superconsole for your reply to my comment in the thread that was for bug reports on ios, about being permanently stuck in winter. I did manage to edit the save file and fix the problem myself, before I read your post. Would it help you if I uploaded the save file to here??

• afrokun

afrokun Space Hobo

Thank for the update. Some of the issues are fixed but i still have one issue : The joystick + 2 button is still off centered ( the right button is cut off).

My save is also rolled back by 2 days. Hopefully it's just due to the update and not a bug.

Redmi 5 Plus
            Android 8.1.0
            Game version 1.10

Update : added screenie
            https://ibb.co/7QtKHnP

Update2 : i was playing around with other control config and when i switched back to tap+joystick+2buttons, it fixed itself! The buttons are now in the correct position again. Thanks for the fix!

If you have a similar issue, try to switch to other control config before switching back to your preference.

That leaves me with my one last issue: my farming profession is not registered as i accidentally tap on the back button when it asked me to choose a profession at lv 5.

https://ibb.co/41LSQnR

I was tapping/hovering on the yellow bar for foraging in the pic above. Tried to do the same to farming yellow bar but nothing happened.

Hope there's a fix for this. Thanks a lot!

Last edited: Mar 22, 2019
            • fabriziofeitosa

fabriziofeitosa Space Hobo

After the last update, the boxes that show the description of the item were quite distant. Sometimes I can not read.

Print what happened: https://i.imgur.com/TvLu0nr.jpg

Xiaomi Mi8
              Android 9
              Game version 1.10

MrStabz likes this.
              • Chilaquilex

Chilaquilex Space Hobo

I take borrow this images from another thread but I think is the same bug for all moto e4 users and it´s present since launch day
                [​IMG]
                [​IMG]
                [​IMG]
                [​IMG]
                [​IMG]
                [​IMG]
                I hope the bug can be fixed soon because like I say before is present since the very first day and still can't enjoy this wonderful game

• Hordriss

Hordriss Space Hobo

Device: Huawei P20 Pro
                  Android version: 9

Two issues to report.

Firstly, I'm finding if I enter the mines, when I leave the mines the echo effect on the audio stays in place. Not gamebreaking but annoying.

Secondly, if I either connect or disconnect my bluetooth controller whilst the game is on, the game will close and not load back up correctly without force closing the app. This also caused an issue with my save file where it did the following:
                  - Reverted my gold total back to 500 (actually had over 3000)
                  - Made the mine inaccessible again as the boulder was still in the way.
                  - Lost all inventory items, including my sword.

However, it kept the day as Spring 16 and all of my planted crops were still there, as was my cat. I managed to recover the game by reverting to the previous save.

• Infernoleader

Infernoleader Space Hobo

I am having an issue where all text and interaction boxes have suddenly grown huge, almost covering the whole screen. I am playing on a Nokia 8 and the game is extremely hard to play with this. I haven't found a setting to decrease their size.

nameaut likes this.
                    • sepo

sepo Developer

Thanks for that screengrab, was very helpful. This is now fixed and will be in v1.12

• SpiritualDetox

SpiritualDetox Void-Bound Voyager

Having the same problem here. Also running Moto E5 Play, it's listed as incompatible on the Play Store. Seems like other Moto lineups and even other E-series phones are fine.

Strangely enough, my old cheap Galaxy Core running Android 4 from 2014 is apparently compatible?

[​IMG]

• Sertith

Sertith Void-Bound Voyager

Not sure what happened but my issues are resolved today.

• BIdukSX

BIdukSX Space Hobo

• triplepi

triplepi Seal Broken

Device: HTC M10
                            Android version: 8.0.0
                            Game version: 1.12

Prior to version 1.10, wasn't experiencing any problems and in the minority but I preferred the smaller font size. However, since version 1.10 when I complete a Community Centre bundle there has been no reward boxes on completion of the Fall Foraging Bundle nor the Geologist Bundle which was the outstanding box left for the Boiler Room; the Boiler Room does get fixed though.

• Nalicko

Nalicko Intergalactic Tourist

Portraits for the bachelor Alex are missing. When you speak to Alex while he works out lifting weights, it should change to the shirtless portrait. The game is bugged and only uses his portrait wearing the sports jacket.

• nameaut

nameaut Space Hobo

Hi

I'm using oneplus 6 playing this at version 1.12

After i updated to 1.10 i managed to see quantity of items in chest and fridge but there are still some bugs that bothering me so much.

1.Mine echo
                                2.(serious) screen resolution and interface box size bug detail in attached photo.
                                3.cant pinch zoom in invisible joystick mode (this is my favorite setup please make it playable)
                                Screenshot_20190323-113312.jpg Screenshot_20190323-113320.jpg Screenshot_20190323-113357.jpg Screenshot_20190323-114735.jpg

• MrStabz

MrStabz Void-Bound Voyager

Same problems here
                                  Its nothing serious just strange

• Mouseee

Mouseee Orbital Explorer

Is there a reason there seem to be a ton of updates and fixes popping up for Android phones, but absolutely nothing for iPhone users? I’m constantly seeing people commenting about updates for all these different phones. It’s been a whole week with zero iOS updates or even announcements. The game is unplayable. Not one issue has been addressed. I’m struggling to understand. I really wish the game could be reverted back to the previous update. It’s very unfortunate that so many people can’t even get through a full game day and save progress. Like I said, for many iOS users, the game has been totally unplayable for over a week.

Issues that remain, plus a few new ones that have arose...

1. Tool bar and font sizes remain unbearably small.

2. Unable to exit out of shipping bin, causing a force-close and inability to save progress.

3. Glitch/delay when collecting items from machines.

4. Wrong tool selection in slime hutch, causing accidental killing of all slimes.

5. Crashing in certain buildings/areas.

6. Blurry images, delays and lag in random areas.

7. Glitch when giving gifts to Robin. She either doubles into two people after she receives a gift, or you cannot actually approach her character and the gift is given from across the room.

8. Unable to move/remove casks.

Phone Model: iPhone 8+
                                    Stardew Valley: Version 1.20 (most recent)

Please give us some sort of response or update so we can start playing again.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2019
                                      knk2317932 likes this.
                                    • mxnj06

mxnj06 Poptop Tamer

Another crash, this time in the tunnel after I add the battery to the lock to begin Mr. Qi’s quest. The game freezes and I am forced to restart.

(On iPad Pro 12.9, iOS 12.1.4, v1.20)

A285E281-F110-4D40-827C-36E1E7364D37.png

• richm

richm Intergalactic Tourist

Currently cannot play on iPhone, when I walked into the library or any random building the game froze and crashed. Since yesterday the screen looks like the image below (no items or menu options)

The issue in the image has been around 24 hours. The freeze and crash issue has been happening for four - five days. Latest version of downloaded on iTunes and no memory issues on phone (new phone)

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
                                        Not open for further replies.