1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Stardew Valley Android/iOS: Known Issues and Fixes

Discussion in 'Support' started by Katzeus, Mar 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KannaHayabusa

KannaHayabusa Void-Bound Voyager

On the Oneplus 6 there is a large black bar on the top of the screen and controller support is laughable. Can't even switch tools.

• svste

svste Poptop Tamer

Android v1.04
      Honor 8 phone

With a vertical bar selecting an item sometimes sends the player towards the bar.

With a horizontal bar there are no quantity numbers for items.

Just entered mine for the first time. At the end of the cut scene I didn't receive the sword due to my inventory being full.

Also, please increase the font size.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
      • Kaisera

Kaisera Big Damn Hero

I'm having the same issue after the egg festival. No matter how I try to go to the next day (sleep, exhaustion, ect.) my screen just goes black and then I have to reset everything to load it back up, but still can't get passed it. Please help! I love this game so much!!

• Mouseee

Mouseee Orbital Explorer

Unfortunately, this last update for iOS made Stardew valley unplayable.

1. The ‘x’ is missing from the shipping bin. It is impossible to close out of that screen, and you are forced to close the game. Upon reopening it, there is no auto-save, and all progress from that day is lost. There is no option to start from where you left off.

2. The menu buttons and font sizes are far too small. It’s actually ridiculous that it was even acceptable in anyone’s opinion to release an update like this, and to let it go on with no response or solution for this long. It is unfair and disrespectful to people who are visually impaired or have larger fingers.

3. There is a glitch/delay when collecting items from machines (casks, kegs, preserve jars, etc.) that causes collecting to take twice as long. When trying to collect quickly from a line of machines, the character pauses on every other one. They act as if they are holding an item in their hand, even when they are not. It used to be smooth and easy to travel down a line, collecting. It’s now awkward and extremely frustrating.

4. Slime Hutch issue. The wrong tool is selected when trying to choose. I just tried using my axe to move a machine, and wound up killing every single slime I had, because it kept choosing the sword instead.

I understand these things are mistakes, but it has been days now. Developers like to fix “crashing” problems right away, so people don’t stop playing...but these major gameplay issues are overlooked. I have not seen an overwhelming amount of people asking for this “zoom” feature. Yes, it can be helpful, but most of us who started playing the game on iOS have played just fine without zooming. This update was not even necessary, and it unfortunately ruined a wonderful game. And these are only things that I have personally experienced...looking through other posts and reviews, I’m finding a number of additonal major issues that others are experiencing. It’s extremely disappointing.

I’m playing on the most recent version of iOS.
          iPhone 8+, Version 12.1.4

Last edited: Mar 20, 2019
          • kenokunai

kenokunai Orbital Explorer

On iOS, it is also now impossible to remove casks. Attempting to use your tools on them gives the same response as using an invalid tool. It makes the green square as if you clicked it, but then you just run to it and stop. No iridium tools seem to be usable to remove them. I've also attempted to move them like furniture by holding down on it, to no effect. The starting cask layout is super inefficient - I'd like to be able to move them like I can on PC.

edit: this also means that a careless mis-click could trap you in your cellar until you passed out at 2am.

• carlie04

carlie04 Space Hobo

I downloaded stardew valley on my android phone (j7 pro to be specific). I encountered several problems with the game. Everthing was fine (early spring),however,I couldnt use the pickaxe on normal and medium-size stones while Im inside the mine (mid spring). I ignored that incident and continued with the game when suddenly the dates had been fast forward from spring to fall. I barely noticed summer so I delete my save game and started a new one. Same thing happened, until now I cant used the pickaxe normally even if with the latest and updated version of the game. I restarted my phone then unstalled and installed the game, but the problem still persist and worst because even if on normal farming my pickaxe could not break any small stones. I even deleted the cache before installing but its no use. I always delete and start a new game hoping that the problem will disappear. I did it 7x and until now the error is still evident.

android v8.1.0

Last edited: Mar 19, 2019
              • liloboy

liloboy Space Spelunker

I am having the same issues as mentioned. As well as the fishing screen being off.

As can be seen below:

7EBE4E87-0790-4B1C-9E6D-5973424A493E.jpeg

• svste

svste Poptop Tamer

Android 1.04
                  When mining the health bar appears. When you leave the mine the health bar is still there. Bug?

• Mouseee

Mouseee Orbital Explorer

Not a bug. Whenever your health is under 100%, the heath bar will remain on the screen. I believe it may stay there when leaving the mines, even if it’s full. Totally normal.

• eefge

eefge Pangalactic Porcupine

i play the android version

the text has no textbubble around it

how to fix that

• svste

svste Poptop Tamer

Understood, thanks.

• Cpt. HUK

Cpt. HUK Intergalactic Tourist

After updating to 1.20 the loading bug is gone. But one little problem occured since update. I‘m unable to open my casks! Axe, hoe or pickaxe and the other tools inclusive sword wont work.

iPad pro 2017
                          IOS 12.1.4

Please fix.

• Quillosaurus

Quillosaurus Seal Broken

Can you screenshot it? And properly report the bug by giving details about your phone? Android version etc.

• eefge

Screenshot_20190319-193222.jpg

my android version 8.1.0

samsung experience version 9.5

• icelemon

icelemon Space Hobo

I'm playing iPad 6th generation with mfi controller: roter riot
                                ios: 12.1.4
                                stardew valley: 1.20
                                Rotor riot firmware : up to date (I can't remember exact number)

I've experienced crash 3 times. (generally once a couple of hours)
                                I believe it doesn't matter what were I did in games (it was different in each crash circunstance), just playing normally, iPad suddenly did respring.
                                I want to upload crash report, but itunes seems to not allowing me to copy save folder.
                                so here is only EMERGENCY_SAVE file. If anyone knows how to download, please let me know
                                thanks

Attached Files:

• afrokun

afrokun Space Hobo

Redmi 5 Plus
                                  Android 8.1.0

Here's the sequence :
                                  1. I accidentally tap the 'back' button on my phone when the game want me to choose a profession (farming lv 5)
                                  2. The 'do you want to exit window' popped up and i tap x (no/cancel)
                                  3. But then the profession window just gone and continue with the money earned window and my game is saved

I checked the status screen and my farming is 5 and the long bar in the middle is yellow.

I tried to tap/hover over the bar but nothing shows up (this is how you check your profession, right?). When i tap/hover on the 'farming' text, it only shows the efficiency bonus.

I tried to sleep again in hope the profession window will pop again but to no avail.

Currently trying to level farming to 6 and see if it will pop up.

Anyone experienced this before?

Thanks in advance

Update:
                                  Got to lv 6 farming but the profession window didn't pop up :(

I got to lv 5 forage too and managed to choose the harvester profession.

When i tap/hover on the yellow middle bar, a window pop up and shows that i got that harvester profession. Tried the same with farming yellow bar but nothing happen :(

I guess the profession for farming is not registered and i got no profession now :(

Haven't try lv 10 or reset in the sewer as I'm still very early into the game.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2019
                                  • Quillosaurus

Quillosaurus Seal Broken

Look, I'm gonna be honest and straight with you.

You're not the only person with issues for their game. Many have issues which they want fixed.
                                    Spamming the board with 'i want answers' won't solve anything.

One thing you can do and HOPE developers can replicate the issue/find it from a save file is to:
                                    - Post information about your model of your phone
                                    - Android version
                                    - What you were doing when your issue appeared
                                    - What have you tried to fix it.
                                    - If clearing your cache worked or not.
                                    - If uninstalling the game worked or not (may require for you to back up your save game)
                                    - Provide save file for developers to analyse.

Then wait. Wait without impatiently creating multiple threads and asking people to answer you.
                                    Fixing mobile issues isn't the same as fixing PC. There are many phone models, there are different Android versions and different causes for each problem.

Report your issue properly. And wait. Even if it takes month to solve.

hyperthyme and Mouseee like this.
                                    • eefge

i posted my android version
                                      it under my screenshot

here again then

my android version 8.1.0

samsung experience version 9.5

• Quillosaurus

Quillosaurus Seal Broken

That's really not saying much.
                                        You haven't specified your phone: WHAT phone do you have.
                                        How did this happen? Did uninstalling and re-installing solve it for you?
                                        To speed things up - posting your save file with a bug helps. As said before.

• Mouseee

Mouseee Orbital Explorer

You have posted multiple times. You need to wait. Perhaps the developers will see your messages and respond, but no one else has a responsibility to address your issues. Just be patient and stop spamming.

Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.