1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Stardew Valley Android/iOS: Known Issues and Fixes

Discussion in 'Support' started by Katzeus, Mar 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skinflint

Skinflint Scruffy Nerf-Herder

iPad OS 13.4 on iPad Pro 10.5" (2017) running the latest update of the Stardew app.

41097DEB-8BD9-4686-BDC6-948564ABB1FA.png

For several updates now, the wrong color leaves have been showing up not just on the farm but also in the Secret Grove. Usually at first it spawns correctly, when exiting the front door 1st-thing in the morning, but as soon as you walk beyond that initial screen's worth of the farm it starts populating the wrong color sometimes. Screenshot attached. It's really frustrating because I'd like to make a farm tour video on a day with airborne enhancement, but having it the wrong color really ruins the feel.

• stillyslalom

stillyslalom Space Hobo

Attached Files:

• sktchup

sktchup Space Hobo

EDIT: Because I’m nothing if not stubborn, I started trying other ways of doing this that I hadn’t tried and accidentally stumbled upon a solution. I have to first TAP on whatever item I want to pick up or whatever location I want to place a piece of furniture in, then, without moving or pressing anything else, press the left virtual button to place or remove it. Physical buttons on my controller won’t work, I have to use the virtual screen button. Took me until Fall 24 Y1 to figure it out, but better late than never.

I can’t for the life of me place furniture on walls, and as of today I can’t rotate furniture either. I’m on Android, Galaxy S8+, playing with a Bluetooth controller, but the issue is present when playing with touch controls too..

What’s weird is that I was able to remove and add a window a few days into the game, it took a million tries but it worked, but I haven’t been able to do that since.

Anyone know if there’s a fix for this or if it’s a known issue?

Last edited: Dec 29, 2019

9394 Space Hobo

iPadOS 13.3
        App version 1.35

Game crashes when attending Harvey 2 heart event and answering what should George do. I answered that George should follow what Harvey says and the game crashes.

• ActuallyMin

ActuallyMin Space Hobo

Cannot place crab pots on app- available space is beyond accessible space :( can't finish the game properly without crab pots!

• Winnieyu81

Winnieyu81 Intergalactic Tourist

I am playing iOS version
            There is a issue happened suddenly about combat, the damage is way too low.
            I am using lava sword but till hard to kill the monsters(even coal monster)

Please help Thank you

Attached Files:

• EdwardMask

EdwardMask Void-Bound Voyager

Device: ipad 5th generation
              IOS: 13.3
              App version: 1.37

There was two bugs, that may not be bugs

1st bug: The winter cutscene of a shadow person appearing on the bus stop didnt happen to me even when I was on the correct time. Then I exited the bus stop to my farm then came back and after a few tries the scene happened. I think that the event is having a bug that make it became random. I searched the wiki and there was no mention of it and then I talked with people on the stardew valley discord group and they said that the wiki uses data from the files so if it was not there it wasnt meant to be there, so what I had was a bug that I should report

2nd bug: The museum rewards was there to collect but I didnt have invetory space, then when I went there to collect afterwards and two of the rewards that were available to collect disappeared. I’m sure that I didnt collect them and they disappeared by order of when they became available so I think that it is a case of time limit bug, when if you dont collect the rewards after some time they dissapear, or is it intentional?

• Kmclo55

Kmclo55 Space Hobo

Made it to spring 1 year 3. After the grandpa cut scene, I've been stuck on this black screen. I've tried exiting to start screen, closing the game all together and reopening, checking for updates (there are none), and nothing has worked.

ETA: I'm running Android version.

Attached Files:

• argsonic88

argsonic88 Space Hobo

I have the android version and just realized that I am not getting the rewards for submitting bundles. Is anyone else having this issue and if so, how have you gotten the rewards?

• Ruitt

Ruitt Aquatic Astronaut

IOS iPhone 6

I'm on the latest Stardew update and since the start of the save (now on year 1 winter), almost all heart events/cutscenes just 'freeze'/don't play. The music will still play and background stuff like campfires and worms will still sway. My character doesn't walk into the scene, the NPC just stands there, no textbox shows up and the event just doesn't progress at all. I have to either close the game and restart the day and hope the event doesn't trigger or press the skip button. I've been able to continue the game by skipping the events until now but I recently had the Linus 4 heart event, which doesn't have the skip button so I'm stuck in the game now if I ever trigger it.

Attached Files:

• TheRaven81

TheRaven81 Pangalactic Porcupine

Device Model: Asus Nexus 7(tablet)

Android version: 4.4.4

App version: 1.3.36.104

Problem: I have some graphical issues when it comes to things that have transparency. Sometimes it just appears as a black box the size of the sprite. I have enclosed some screenshots to show what I am seeing. it's kinda playable in this state, but certain things are impossible to see, and it's difficult to play.
                      Screenshot_2020-01-29-16-31-15.png

Here on the title screen, I'm not really sure what the block should be.
                      Screenshot_2020-01-29-16-54-30.png
                      Here, starting a new file, the Gender buttons, the Cat and Dog buttons, and the buttons for choosing various parts of the farmer to change, are blacked out.
                      Screenshot_2020-01-29-16-25-31.png
                      Here you can see it's below the house, around the tree, in the toolbox, around the Energy bar, and up at the top right in the info box, the sprites for the numbers that make up your Gold amount are blacked out. In the toolbox, the little black boxes are what is supposed to be the stack amounts.
                      Screenshot_2020-01-29-16-25-54.png
                      Here is inside the house on the Forest Map. The big square is what is supposed to be the sunshine coming in through the window that is there. The smaller one, inside the fireplace, is the fire.
                      Screenshot_2020-01-29-16-38-41.png
                      Here, the whole speech box is just a big black block, the border around the portrait, and the scroll behind Pierrres' name is also missing.
                      Screenshot_2020-01-29-16-39-21.png
                      Here inside Pierre's shop, the tile in front of Pierre is black, as well as the backpack sitting on the counter, and the door leading to the rest of the house.
                      Screenshot_2020-01-29-16-43-28.png
                      Here at the ocean, you can see the fishing pole selected in the toolbar, I'm assuming it's supposed to be the same red border around the tool as the one on PC. Also, the bobber in the water after being cast in is blacked out.
                      Screenshot_2020-01-29-16-44-37.png
                      Here I've hooked a fish, and am in the fishing mini-game for the first time. All of the important elements are gone, everything besides the "catch meter" that goes up and down the side, are all just black.
                      Screenshot_2020-01-29-17-01-22.png
                      Here on the inventory tab of the menu, you can again see the stack numbers blacked out. I'm not sure but there also seems to be an issue with whatever is supposed to be backing the meter underneath the Watering Can. Also blacked out on the right side are the sorting button, and the trash can.
                      Screenshot_2020-01-29-17-01-56.png
                      Here all the sprites making the Skill level meters, as well as their Level numbers, are blacked out.
                      Screenshot_2020-01-29-17-02-02.png
                      Here on the Social tab, the Heart Meters, the Gift boxes, and the checkbox sprites are blacked out.
                      Screenshot_2020-01-29-17-02-19.png
                      Here on the Crafting tab, you can see on the right side, that the number indicating how many Stone is needed to make that sign is blacked out. It's this way for all the crafting recipes, so you can't tell how many of the ingredients you need.
                      Screenshot_2020-01-29-17-05-22.png
                      Here in the Options tab, you can see what the buttons say if you look hard enough - since the color of the font is barely visible on the black boxes of what are supposed to be the button images. Underneath those, the checkbox for the "Show controls toggle button" option, it's blacked out and when you press on it it stays the same even though you can still hear the beep that happens when you press it. So you cannot tell if it's on or off. The sliding bar for the Invisible Button Width, as well as all the other options that have one, is all blacked out. You can still touch and move the slider with your finger, however.

(EDIT: I've played several days after this and there are other things that i did not get pictures of. There was a problem with the End of Day ledger screen, you could not see the borders around the categories, the numbers for the money made and the total could not be seen. Also I was playing on a day when the weather was a day with "pollen". So during Spring when the little pink leaf-like sprites blow across the screen, those are all blacked out too, and all during that day was a bunch of little black boxes floating across the screen whenever I was outdoors. If this particular thing is happening, I can't even imagine the game being playable at all if I were to get to Winter and it was snowing. However I'm not entirely sure about this factor, since I was also playing on a rainy day, and the rain overlay appeared fine. If the snow uses the same thing as the rain then there might not be a problem. However if it's not, and it's on the same system as the pollen in spring, then I venture to guess that the snow would just end up blacking out the whole screen and Winter would be impossible to play if you went outdoors for any reason.)

MOD EDIT: Put images in spoiler to save page load time.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2020
                      • Mixelsior

Mixelsior Space Hobo

latest release / iPad pro 2018 (12.9”)

if i donate something to the museum, then press circle (ps4 controller) to exit from that screen instead of pressing the (x) in the top right corner of the screen it deletes the object.. from the shelf and my inventory, it just vanishes.

• Kalaiwa

Kalaiwa Space Hobo

Version 1.3.36.104 on Xperia XZ1 compact with Android 9

If I go to sleep after midnight and then close or put the game on standby, I will have to sleep again and skip a day.
                          For example: On Spring 17th I will go to bed after midnight, so maybe 1:20 on the 18th. I put the game on standby, eventually causing it to close itself. I start it again and choose to continue where I left. It is still 1:20 on the 18th and I still have to sleep. So I go to bed and wake up on the 19th, skipping the whole 18th.
                          If I just keep playing instead of closing it, it doesn't happen and I just wake up on the 18th.

• Healy

Healy Yeah, You!

My game (pc, version 1.4.4) always crashes as soon as I caught the second fish in the ocean. It freezes for a few seconds and then the game crashes down. I dont have any problems fishing in other waters

• TheRaven81

This is the thread for the Mobile versions on Android and iOS. If you've checked that it's not a mod bug, you can report bugs for PC to the Stardew Valley developers here:
                              https://www.reddit.com/r/StardewValley/comments/ebocvd

• Diegobrando2468

Diegobrando2468 Aquatic Astronaut

Moto G4 play

2 bugs

1- cannot rearrange museum artifacts if you click "yes"

2- if you use the joystick and buttons settings the move joystick activate the tools and they consume stamina

• MsEhren

MsEhren Intergalactic Tourist

On Android with a pixel 3A I'm unable to purchase the big shed. I have four standard sheds on my farm. When I go to see Robin to upgrade the Big Shed isn't in the list of available buildings.

• FireFruit

FireFruit Intergalactic Tourist

I am also unable to purchase the big shed but the fish pond is also unavailable

• TheRaven81

those things are part of 1.4, check your game version. you might not have the update yet.

• FireFruit

FireFruit Intergalactic Tourist

Okay, yeah I only have 1.3, do you know when I should be able to access 1.4? I'm on a LG G6

Thread Status:
                                        Not open for further replies.