1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Stardew Valley Android/iOS: Known Issues and Fixes

Discussion in 'Support' started by Katzeus, Mar 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shubeans

Shubeans QA Wizard Chucklefish

Hello everyone!

I just want to update you all quickly, due to Katzeus being away and working hard on the many other projects I'm going to be more active in the Mobile and Switch support threads.
    Please accept my apologies for the lack of communication over the last few weeks (Months? Years?) It's been incredibly hectic over here. We are only a small team and there's been a lot slipping through the cracks, I'm hoping to rectify that in the following days.

For now please know that your issues are being read and gathered. I've started up a public spreadsheet (for those who play Wargroove you'll know that I've been managing one similar over there and I personally think it works great :D)
    You can check out everything here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zKMuZxAvjNioCOaZJ-yvoo3NDBANVgZbmcn2liF-V6s/edit?usp=sharing

If your bug isn't on there please let me know; either reply here or send me a DM. I'm always (during UK work hours) available on Discord, Email or on here. I might have just missed it, or forgotten to add it.
    Please also note that I am *only* QA, I do not know the Marketing or Publishing side of things, I'll not be able to answer any updates or release questions but anything support and bug related I'm your Gal :)

The Spreadsheet:
    At the moment it's in it's base form. I'm only entering the issues as I see them on this Forum and Emails sent to Contact@Chucklefish.org without looking too deeply into them. As you can tell almost all of them are 'Need more Info' or completely blank this just means that I've copy and pasted and will look at it when I'm done adding things to the list. It will take me a few days, maybe even weeks before everything is properly organised (I am only one person, and I manage a few other projects too..and there are a lot of user reports to add ^^; )
    I'm hoping with your help we can get most of them looked into and fixed, so please please please let me know if you have any extra info on a 'Need more info' or 'cannot reproduce' bugs. If you have had an issue occur on a device that isn't listed please let me know. Also let me know if you see an issue on there that is actually fixed but I've not written it as such!

Thank you every one, both for continuing to report issues and for being patient with us.

• Honeybees

Honeybees Intergalactic Tourist

I had an issue that happens on two occasions at around 10.30PM in-game timing, when I am suppose to enter my house to get to my bed in order to save the game. However when I entered the house, I was blocked at the entrance due to my cat sleeping at the area. So I went in and out of the house for around three times and due to multiple entering, I was then stuck at the entrance totally where I am unable to get in and out. And per my screenshot, it shows that the cat was awake which was not suppose to be as it should be sleeping. Based on my experiences, my items and gold will be lost if player falls asleep outside. I do not know what will happen if the player just fall asleep at the farm or in the house so I choose to restart my game for that day which caused my to lose my loots.

Attached Files:

• Shubeans

Heya, unfortunately this is a legacy issue that also occurs on PC.
        When you walk into your pet it *should* move out of the way, sometimes this doesn't happen due to path finding issues.
        In some instances you can tap (a lot) and eventually your character will walk around your pet. In your case you may be able to move that plant pot, when you do that the pet will be able to move out of your way and you'll be able to get passed.

Definitely move that plant pot when you next load, just to make sure this doesn't happen again!

• Knakriktsur

Knakriktsur Subatomic Cosmonaut

I think in mobil sdv when you tab and hold down your finger the char walks through animals after some seconds. This helps with the chickens in the coop a lot. Not sure if it will help with the cat.

• NetherC7

NetherC7 Yeah, You!

Notch problem on Redmi Note 6 Pro.
            The screen is no longer adapting to it.
            Can not be set by menu margin

This did not happen before :/

• Shubeans

Thanks for letting us know!
              When you say that the screen isn't adapting to it do you mean that the toolbar isn't expanding anymore, or is there something else going on?
              Any extra info would be great!

• NetherC7

NetherC7 Yeah, You!

I found some old screenshots, I think they help to exemplify. Notice how the game was previously designed to the right of Notch, the Notch part being covered by a black bar. However, as can be seen in recent screenshots, this "black bar" no longer exists, and the game is being designed to the left of the notch. When you try to adjust the menu, instead of designing the game to the right, it simply stretches the toolbar

Attached Files:

• m4ng0girl

m4ng0girl Space Spelunker

I am no longer able to move things from one menu to another (ie: from a chest to my backpack) or move geodes to be opened by Clint. I can drag them but it doesn't work with tap. I'm unable to drag the geodes at all.

I am using a Samsung Galaxy Note 8 and have version 1.281 installed. This appears to have happened with the most current update. I've restarted the app and my phone with no changes.

The Google doc of reported issues has this listed as fixed but I'm still experiencing it.

• Shubeans

**v.1.28**

We have 2 issues currently in the new update.
                    - Tap no longer works in Inventory, Chests, Shipping Bin or Clint's Geode Workshop.
                    You can still drag these items.
                    The issue is fixed for the next update, which should be rolled out soon. We just need to do some testing first :)

- The resolution for several devices (mostly Kindle) of the End of Day report is being clipped off screen, and the user cannot progress into the next day.
                    I think this is an issue with the Zoom feature, but I do not have confirmation of that yet.

m4ng0girl likes this.
                    • Mouseee

Mouseee Orbital Explorer

Like the others said, this is just something that will happen once in a while. Sometimes tapping/holding your finger down to try to run into the pet will eventually cause them to move. Other times, you will eventually just pass out there. The good news is, the only time you’ll ever lose items or significant gold is if you die or fall asleep in the mines. Falling asleep on the farm or in town will only cost you the 1000g you are charged for the “medical” fee when someone helps you get home. If you make it into your house and fall asleep, before making it into bed, you will simply wake up with a bit of energy missing from your bar the following morning.

• RipeFruit

RipeFruit Aquatic Astronaut

MFi bugs on iOS. I’ve been using v1.3 on an iPad Pro 10.5” and an iPhone X. The controller I’m using is a SteelSeries Nimbus

There are still some features that don’t seem available on MFi controllers, ultimately requiring a user to touch the screen.
                        • Merging items into one stack (e.g. you cannot put one stack of stones on top of another stack of stones without touching the screen)
                        • Similarly, I can’t break items. This frequently happens when I want to grab one item from a stack of many
                        • I don’t know how to bring up the quests log or community center from the controller
                        • The screen doesn’t scroll (e.g. relationships, vendors)

Related, have you guys played around with iOS 13? Apple announced Xbox One and PS4 controller support in iOS 13 so that might be worth looking into in the future!

• Shubeans

We will be playing around with iOS13 as soon as we can get our hands on it; I'm looking into it for a different, secret, project at the moment so I'll be bringing all my knowledge over for Stardew when I can :)

You're actually using the exact same controller I test with :D
                          There's a lot of things that still aren't possible with controller, this includes merging items into stacks.

I think the breaking items could be related to the recent 'cant tap' issue, I'll look into that...

The screen should definitely scroll, I can't reproduce that on my end, but the scrolling isn't 'hold and scroll' you have to tap the analog stick/d-pad each time.

Quest logs is Y.
                          The community centre should be bought up by pressing RB all the way to the right in the main menu, as long as you've unlocked it.
                          Let me know if this isn't working!

RipeFruit likes this.
                          • Staarshadow

Staarshadow Yeah, You!

I am playing on a galaxy s10. It has a front facing camera in the top right corner of the screen. Thankfully the toolbar is not blocked by this, but it does make the toolbar extra wide (looks like the screenshot NetherC7 posted above). The issue is that tapping on the toolbar ALSO counts as a tap underneath the toolbar, so my character goes running off to the side. It's a minor issue, but it ends up happening a lot.

Thank you!

• Knakriktsur

Fyi SDV 1.31 for iOS is out

Stardew Valley 1.31 for iOS was released on 19 Jun 2019.
                              Changes
                              • Enhanced gamepad support - now you can control most game functions and menus with a gamepad controller.
                              • Bug Fixes.

• RipeFruit

Thanks for the info!

I was hoping to get some clarification on the things you said regarding controller support. Does that stuff work on iOS v1.30 or was that part of the v1.31 update? I assume the latter because none of the info provided works on v1.3 on my iPhone X with the Nimbus, but it did seem to work after the update!

Regardless I am very happy to hear more controller support has come :D

Is there any update on breaking up stacks or merging stacks? Both of those things still don’t seem to work on the Nimbus and iPad Pro 10.5” and iPhone X.

Thanks again!

• RipeFruit

I’ve found a reproducible duplication bug using a controller in Stardew Valley on iOS
                                  Devices: iPad Pro 10.5” and iPhone X
                                  Controller: SteelSeries Nimbus
                                  Version: v1.31

Please see this video where I outline this

• oskay

oskay Yeah, You!

The slingshot behavior in 1.31 (iPad) is a severe downgrade.

It is extremely difficult to get it to fire the first shot, and once it does, it now requires a significant pause before each shot -- no longer usable for combat or mining.

Please, please, please, restore the previous behavior.

• Shubeans

oooooooh. Interesting!
                                      That's er. We should probably fix that! Thank you for reporting it!!

• NetherC7

NetherC7 Yeah, You!

the notch problem on Redmi Note 6 Pro persists after the last update

• Knakriktsur

Fyi SDV 1.33 for iOS is released.

Fix for gamepad / chest issue

Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.