1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Stardew Valley Android/iOS: Known Issues and Fixes

Discussion in 'Support' started by Katzeus, Mar 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnimeDroid_Chan

AnimeDroid_Chan Space Hobo

Good day!

Dear developers,
    Please fix the bug with black stripe at the top on the displays with resolution 22:10. Also this bug is most often found on MIUI, ColorOS, and EMUI shells. And another request, fill with something empty space on the display with "bangs". And please add support for Xiaomi Note 7 too.

My device: Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro 4/64
    OS version: Android 8.1.0, MIUI 10.2.2.0

Thanks!

DarKCoM likes this.
    • Knakriktsur

Knakriktsur Subatomic Cosmonaut

Sdv 1.29 for iOS is out
      Linus returns to town!
      Slimes can be hatched outside
      Other bugfixes

• ascagnel

ascagnel Space Hobo

On iOS, is it no longer possible to access save games via the Files app? It was at one point (I used it as a rudimentary way to sync my save between my phone & tablet), but Stardew Valley no longer appears in the “On My [Device]” section.

It should be relatively simple to expose the app’s file storage to Files.app/iTunes file sharing (literally adding a single line to the app’s info.plist, if you’re using the correct storage paths in the app).

• ClamsMaloney

ClamsMaloney Space Hobo

They've been inaccessible for several updates; Chucklefish just doesn't seem to care much about user experience.

Edit: I just checked and everything appears to be correctly implemented except for the omission of the
          LSSupportsOpeningDocumentsInPlace key. This is either intentional or pure laziness.

Last edited: May 3, 2019
          • ascagnel

ascagnel Space Hobo

It’s fixed as of this morning! SDV shows up in the Files app again.

Thanks, devs!

• Knakriktsur

Yes, sdv 1.30 for iOS is out and this fix is listed.

• OdinintheNorth

OdinintheNorth Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Just want to say a thank you to the devs for fixing the issue with Files app on iOS!

• bl1nk0rz

bl1nk0rz Void-Bound Voyager

Hello,

I've been playing a save on my iPhone 8. Transferred it to PC today (with iTunes), played for a couple of hours and transferred it back to my iPhone. Now it says 'No saved games found' :-(

Am I doing something wrong? Thanks!

I've included my savegame.

Attached Files:

• thmtrxhsu

thmtrxhsu Void-Bound Voyager

First of all, ty for all the controller work.
                    There are some serious performance issues with the game;some cpu bound, most gpu bound.
                    Bit of context, the latest version of Stardew Valley was installed on a factory reset RK3328 Android 8.1
                    So Stardew Valley Android works great on a Samsung Galaxy S8 with Android 8.1, BUT because the cpu is 800mhz faster and GPU 10x faster.

Mali-G71:

OpenGL® ES1.1, 1.2, 2.0, 3.0, 3.1, 3.2.
                    Vulkan 1.0*.
                    OpenCL™ 1.1, 1.2, 2.0.
                    RenderScript.

Throughput: 850Mtri/s, 27.2Gpix/s

Mali 450:
                    API Support
                    OpenGL ES 1.1/2.0.
                    OpenVG 1.1.

Throughput: 142Mtri/s, 2.6Gpix/s

Samsung Galaxy S8 CPU: Octa-core (4x2.3 GHz Mongoose (primary) M2 & 4x1.7 GHz Cortex-A53 (secondary)
                    RK3328 CPU (Quad core A53 up to 1.5 ghz)

So this is consistent with longer load times, slower screen transitions and lag because the cpu is 800 mhz slower, and the gpu is 10x slower.
                    Yet despite this, it can play 4K video.

So where the Android Police seem to have failed is in setting the proper baseline which should be the mali-450; everything older than that is a dinosaur while mali-450 is still widespread slower getting replaced by newer chipsets.

Which graphic API does Stardew Android use because that could account for massive slowdowns?
                    All the complaints of lag regarding stardew valley for android are true, and built into stardew itself.
                    Doesn't mean it can't be fixed or further optimized; I tell such optimizations are merited based on the prevalence of mali-450 on how many devices were built upon it; possibly hundreds of millions.
                    (For developers) The best way to see lag is by testing on a Large TV (which will magnify un-noticed lag say on a phone screen).

I hope you will take the initiative for further optimization. Really try to keep (142Mtri/s, 2.6Gpix/s) that figure in mind for knowing what would yield better performance increase. The CPU side of things is acceptable mostly, but a few extra optimizations couldn't hurt.

I should add, that the TV resolution was 720p

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2019
                    • bl1nk0rz

bl1nk0rz Void-Bound Voyager

SOLVED. Updated to the latest iOS version, retransferred the files with iTunes. Got it working.

• Nalicko

Nalicko Intergalactic Tourist

When using a Bluetooth external controller such as 8-bit N30 Pro 2, I cannot navigate or exit the inventory menu of opened chests. I can enter and exit the options menu and my personal inventory menu without issues.

• legastero

legastero Big Damn Hero

Devices: iPhone 6s, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 5
                          iOS versions: 12.2, 12.3
                          Stardew version: 1.30

The arms of shirts are noticeably disconnected from the body, showing the background behind the character.

This happens in the main game area and wherever the player character is shown in the UI. All poses seem to be affected, but most visible in direct front/back views, and side views where arms are raised holding an item.

IMG_0002.jpg IMG_0003.jpg IMG_0004.jpg IMG_0005.jpg IMG_0250.PNG IMG_2211.PNG

Last edited: May 14, 2019
                          • Skinflint

Skinflint Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thank you so much for bringing back Files support! Without it, creating a video walkthrough of my farm would be functionally all but impossible because of having no way to reliably anticipate the weather more than a day in advance, let alone troubleshoot my plantings to look just how I want without an entire new year. Also, it lets me plant the Greenhouse with Ancient Fruit punctuated by my desired seasonal design of other things and have it be ready reliably in time for my target season on good weather days for my video, otherwise each design would effectively require its own year unless the weather cooperated perfectly.

• Knakriktsur

I just updated from sdv 1.04 to 1.30 as most bugs seems fixed. But does sdv lose much performance? Everything seems to be slower like moving or using tools and so compared to sdv 1.04.

• KannaHayabusa

KannaHayabusa Void-Bound Voyager

Currently having some problems with crops not growing while the ground beneath them stays wet. This happens every few days. [​IMG]

• thmtrxhsu

thmtrxhsu Void-Bound Voyager

I've just discovered a bug, a rather interesting bug on latest ps4 version. On Spring 12 I harvest and shipped 54 kale...this alone should have been enough to bring my farming level to 3, yet when invested in the 13th (a festival day) I discovered my farming level was 1; ridiculous preposterous. This is a bug without a doubt, I just don't know if it is limited to the PS4 version or not. Now I feel like I have to restart all over again. Please look at this bug cross console.

• Ryina

Ryina Intergalactic Tourist

Device: iPhone XS
                                    Version: 12.2

At stardew valley fair during the fall, there are some glitches in the games. The fishing game doesn’t get any nibbles. I’ve tried playing the fishing game over 5 times, and even tried restarted the actual game, but did not even get ONE hit. The slingshot game works but I didn’t receive the star points that I was suppose to. I also played the slingshot game multiple times and each time it’ll say I’ve earned 17 star points, but in the end, my star points counter never went up. Please fix as the games are really the only way to get the stardrop! Thank you!

• Joceldust

Joceldust Space Hobo

I keep getting to Elliott's four heart event and when I try to choose what we're toasting to the app crashes every time.

Device: LG Stylo 4
                                      App Version: 1.25

Attached Files:

• FiftyFive

FiftyFive Tentacle Wrangler

Hello!

Xperia Z5 Compact
                                        Android 7.1.1
                                        Version 1.25

I don't think Pam's nine heart event can be triggered at all lol. I tried going to her house at Spring 25 when she's at her house but nothing happens.:(

• Xuu

Xuu Void-Bound Voyager

device: samsung galaxy s8
                                          android version: 9
                                          i was using a gen game wireless controller if that helps

i tried stardew valley on mobile today and i had to get a refund because the game was just non functional. everything became black boxes after a while, no character customisation was saved.. i couldnt get past the first seconds of the first day (the farm map was glitched). id love to see this issue solved, looking forward getting sv on mobile in the future
                                          Screenshot_20190603-134158.jpg Screenshot_20190603-134901.jpg

Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.