Stardew Valley Android Edition

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jakers_482, Aug 4, 2018.

1. jakers_482

jakers_482 Space Hobo

Hi farmers! I'd like to announce an unnoficial Stardew Valley for Android, it will be available for Alpha Testing on the Play Store in the next few months, I am not sure who would be interested, since the saving system as of right now isn't very good. Let me know if you're interested.

kathryndt and Byakuren like this.
    • Bork the Sloth

Bork the Sloth Intergalactic Tourist

How long will the Alpha Testing be? I only have iOS atm, but I will hopefully get an Android phone sometime before September. I definitely wanna try this out!

• Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

You shouldn't be using CA's intellectual property in this manner without his permission. It's nice that you've enjoyed the game so much that you want to see it on other platforms, but it's not your place to make that decision. I'd suggest dropping the project before you land in legal trouble.

• jakers_482

jakers_482 Space Hobo

Actually, regarding to that factor, I decided I'll either A: Get written permission B: Make it an APK for my brother and I to play, since we're both big fans. C: Cancel the project. Not entirely sure on which yet. It has been a while since I last looked at this, but I have been thinking about copyright, so I'll cancel it or just play it myself(or get permission). I am also not pretending to be CA or Chucklefish, I even said unofficial, because I don't want to be like that. All I really need to license are two things: the name, and the character design, everything else will be designed by me. You may not support me, but I can make a fan-made version, because It's not like I'm stealing game content. Also probably won't be publishing this, if I get permission, I might give some friends my APK download, but other than that it most likely will never be published.

If I get to know you, and if I get permission, you might get a download link. We'll just have to wait and see.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2018
          • Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

There's the thing; there's no 'probably' or 'likely' involved. You shouldn't be distributing illegal versions of the game, period. Before you got called out, you showed intention of obtaining permission to use CA's intellectual property. Call it 'unofficial' all you want, but distributing free, modified versions of the game amounts to piracy. And that's not getting into your plans to monetize the project for your own gain, denying CA profits for his work. That very much counts as 'stealing game content'.

I've already informed Chucklefish that you intend to distribute illegally modified versions of the game. As I said; drop the project now, or risk legal troubles. Promoting or facilitating piracy is a bannable offense, anyway.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2018
            • jakers_482

jakers_482 Space Hobo

I dropped the project anyway, too busy in life, And I got stumped with the coding

Also can I delete my account, I won't really be using it again.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2018