Dev Blog Starbound's 2 Year Anniversary!

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Katzeus, Jul 22, 2018.

1. davoker

davoker Cosmic Narwhal

I would be content to say something from time to time in the blog, the progress they have, if the PC version is paused because they put all efforts in the port of xone, something, with which they said any news about it would be enough.

It is very fashionable in the indies companies to remain silent for long periods of time, it costs nothing to publish a small comment explaining how this progresses.

2. MidgetLover

MidgetLover Scruffy Nerf-Herder

i don't think there is a progress to report if they aren't doing nothing but prioritizing console port and the pc version has an already canceled update

Kumpel and HachiYakumo like this.
  3. Daikon Ocelot

Daikon Ocelot Spaceman Spiff

I think at least they need to communicate with us more often. So, people will not talking crap about Starbound. I read many terrible comments about Starbound outside this community.

4. 777JackOfBlades

777JackOfBlades Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yep the same thing is happening with Battlefront and they're in big doo doo, because they lost the trust of the ENTIRE community.

5. davoker

davoker Cosmic Narwhal

That is the worst thing that can happen to a small company, that their community loses confidence in them, at that point no matter how new game they develop, people will think that they will leave it out after 2 or 3 updates , leaving the promises in the past.

It will not be the first company that takes 3 or 4 games and they are forgotten, to other times, communication with their community is the most important, a good example is No Man's Sky, Hello games is leaving the soul to be fixed your past failures.

Result? their community grows nonstop and the game is currently a marvel, they listen to the community and almost every week they get fixes of the bugs that people report, they do not stop working, and they have another game on their hands, but that does not mean they can not continue working on the other, that's how things are done.

6. Daikon Ocelot

Daikon Ocelot Spaceman Spiff

Glad you guys think alike. I think we are the one who keep and make this community alive. I can't imagine the survival of this community without us. I guess I can say great job to us all for supporting this community.

777JackOfBlades likes this.
  7. HachiYakumo

HachiYakumo Phantasmal Quasar

One of the biggest problems with dev's leaving such huge gaps between updates without info or working on other projects, is expectations. When the update is finally released (if it doesen't end cancelled) is that peeps will have such high expectations that the update will be a shame for many as it happened with the stations update (I was so hyped and i got bored of it after my first space station). I'm waiting for this bounty hunter update and I'm afraid of happening again.

8. GameOwl

GameOwl Void-Bound Voyager

Today is my birthday, all I want is for Starbound on PC to get native, full controller support.

Since it is in active development for Xbox, which requires a controller, how likely or unlikely is this?

Been in love with it since early access but whenever I try to play it with KB&M I get frustrated so much that I have to stop playing...

Thanks!