Digital Starboundiness (Various Assorted Starboundy Art)

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Vurrunna, May 3, 2016.

1. Royal_Starlord

Royal_Starlord Big Damn Hero

... Ah alright. I might as well pitch into this, out of shear randomness.

BEHOLD MY SKETCH!

Attached Files:

2. Vurrunna

Vurrunna Giant Laser Beams

Hello there!

If you wanted me to draw your character, I most certainly can; however, if you just wanted to share your work, I'd suggest either finding a thread specifically made for group-sharing art, or starting your own thread to display your work (The intent of this thread was to show my own work; the pictures by everyone else were references so I could draw their characters).

Alkanthe likes this.
  3. Royal_Starlord

Royal_Starlord Big Damn Hero

'3' ... I'll uh... Keep that in mind.

4. Vurrunna

My first Starbound picture was good ol' Sir Fozzle here.
    Sir Fozzle.jpeg
    I drew 'im the old fashioned way; pencil to paper. Then, I took a picture, and outlined him with my mousepad on Krita. The whole process took a good few hours, and I was immensely satisfied with the result.

Now I can do this in a few minutes:
    Sir Fozzle 2.0.png
    A serious Sir Fozzle.

Improvement!

5. Vurrunna

Guess what happened a year ago today?
    New Laurence.png
    Laurence and Laura.png
    Ed and Amelia.png
    Jierik and Catherine.png

Yay for anniversaries!

I might make a couple non-question comic panels for Laurence, but Ask Laurence showed how good I am at keeping promises. :disguise:

Alkanthe, Firepaw Da Cat and rhomboid like this.
  6. Diamond Dog

Diamond Dog Guest

7. Vurrunna

Well, there was certainly an explosion, but with being of nigh infinite power and size, you can never be so sure.

Alkanthe likes this.
  8. Diamond Dog

Diamond Dog Guest

i think i might have accidently duplicated it as well

9. Vurrunna

Well, there's only so much that outsiders can do to affect the Box; in all reality, you probably just blew up the part with Laurence and crew. As for duplicating it, well, that defies what few laws of physics exist in that universe, which would require an alternate universe in which everything has gone to absolute chaos.

Still, that's a story for another day and another thread.

10. Vurrunna

Another non-Starboundy piece:
    Genevieve Ecouvoix and Friends.png
    These are some characters from a story I started writing a while back and recently picked back up. From left to right: Mordecai, Genevieve Ecouvoix, and Petichat.

Genevieve is just a little girl afraid of the rain; her friends, however, are a bit peculiar. There's Petichat, her raggedy little cat-doll that she thinks is her best friend, and Mordecai, the spirit that haunts her mind and offers her salvation if she only give herself over to him.

Oh the adventures they'll have...

rhomboid, Arra and Alkanthe like this.
  11. Arra

Arra The End of Time

Why does Genevieve have that " Its right behind me isn't it. " Look?

12. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

...Because it is?

Vurrunna and Arra like this.
  13. Vurrunna

Probably because he's always right behind her, isn't he?

But yeah, I was more going for the sickly child look. Straight from my writing: "The poor girl; terrified of rain and of water, yet living in the manor known only for storms and the sea and the general oddness besides. Her life had become misery--the days she spent walking about with a feeble and false smile, pretending that she was perfectly in her right mind; the nights she spent as she did now, sobbing and weeping and begging that something come to make the rain only end, for one moment, for one mere moment so that she might rest without fear." Trés plaisant, non?

I was originally gonna draw the "feeble and false smile," but it proved a bit difficult without making her look like a loon or actually appear content.

Alkanthe and Arra like this.
  14. Arra

Arra The End of Time

Wow. I really want to read whatever that excerpt was from.

15. Diamond Dog

Diamond Dog Guest

I defie all laws

16. Vurrunna

Whatever floats your boat and keeps you from sinking into the sea of insanity.

Alkanthe likes this.
  17. Vurrunna

Rosepetal and Redthistle.png
    Rosepetal: "Rosie is friendly Floran. Fishy find Rosie, and Rosie and Fishy become best friends! Rosie even learn speak good; no hissy. Hissy mean. Like... Stabby mean. No stabby. Just friends. Rosie has many friends. Like Thissy! Hi, Thissy!!"

Redthistle: *Angry Hissing*

Rosepetal is an odd Floran. All anyone really knows is that Niteni "found" him years ago, and they've been very close friends ever since. A lot of people mistake Rose for a slave, and pass off Niteni's story as pathetic excuses, but Rose and Niteni really are just good friends.

Redthistle is a typical Floran hunter; she comes from a tribe just off of Cogview Valley, and often moves into the valley to hunt new prey and spy on the residents. While most of the people of the valley never see her, there's one Floran that's been bothering her ever since that fish built his castle on the hill. Now the weed tracks her down with startling accuracy and cunning, but throws away whatever respect Thistle might have for his skills by being the biggest pain in the back ever conceived. Needless to say, she doesn't like him very much.
    --- Post updated ---
    What's this? Starbound 1.0?! I must do a thing!
    Silver.png
    Silver: "Everythayng might be fallin' apart at th'hinges, but Ah'm still here to do mah job!"

Novakid aren't well known for joining the Protectorate, and those that do generally have difficulty getting anywhere in the ranks due to their short attention spans (they're too busy hopping around to stay put long enough for any notice). Silver, however, is considered hyper-perceptive for a Novakid, and is willing to stay put for as long as is necessary to complete the task at hand. Unfortunately, she's often lacking in physical and combat training, which makes up a good portion of a Protector's job, but she makes up for it with beaming happiness and brief spurts of pure wrath.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

I often feel like Nova's get a bit too much attention, but I rather like Silver. I also noticed she's a bit too perfect, so I decided she's often bad at her job and gets easily frustrated (at which point she pulls out her trusty pistol and shoots in every direction).

I also tried a new non-color style with this one. I think I like it; it's easy and relatively pleasant to look at.

Also, here's another art-related thing I've started up (with Kobolds!): http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/kobold-adventure-an-interactive-journey.118656/
    --- Post updated ---
    Somethin' weird keeps happening with my posts...

Last edited: Jul 30, 2016
  18. Vurrunna

(Hopefully this posts properly...)

Isabella and Isaac.png
    It's September! Improper genders inbound!

To the right here is Isabella, a minor member of the Galactic Unification Underground who investigates extra-terrestrial and extra-dimensional beings on her industrial-level world and tries to either drive them off or help them settle down. To the left would be her male crossover, Isaac, who is probably more cynical and pessimistic (Isabella's mother is part of the Union of Western America's Mysandrist Party, which would go very poorly for dear Isaac).

Isabella's the protagonist of a story I've been stewing for a good while now, and has quite a few stories just scattered about in mah brain about fightin' aliens, exploring the galaxy, and regularly attending comic conventions (a hot-spot for those aliens that like to walk in the open every now and again).

Jareix Cryvix, Arra and Alkanthe like this.