1. Lose your pre-order key? Try using Humble's key resender. Also, please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/help/

Bug/Issue Starbound wont start up at all

Discussion in 'Support' started by montromising, Dec 28, 2018.

1. montromising

montromising Space Hobo

I hadn't played starbound in a while and decided to pick it up again and have found that the game wont start up at all, no window, though I can see it running in the background in task manager with the humble bundle version I own. (I've had this problem with both the steam and HB version) I give the game plenty of time to load (10+ minutes sometimes)

I have so far, reinstalled twice, turned off discord overlay, removed mods from the steam version, and nothing seems to be working, and the logs didn't show much info that I can decipher

I then removed the mods from the HB version as a last ditch effort, despite the fact that they were only cosmetic mods as far as I remembered, and it started, before I stupidly tried to play one of my characters, where it promptly crashed and would not start up again as before.

The first log file "starbound.log" is when it would not start up at all before I kill it with task manager
    The second log "starbounds.log" is when it started up after I removed the mods, before crashing

Thank you to whoever attempts to help me <3

Attached Files:

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Hoarder Forum Moderator

Remove the "unpacked" directory from your assets folder and see if the issue persists.