1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Starbound wont start since new patch - ERROR

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by EvilIntent, Jan 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clickbd

Clickbd Intergalactic Tourist

help me

2. rwmtiger

rwmtiger Void-Bound Voyager

FIX. thank you...

3. RvLesh

RvLesh Parsec Taste Tester

Démarrer une nouvelle discussion, envoyer votre starbound.log dans le nouveau thread.

Start a new thread, post your starbound.log in the new thread.

Clickbd likes this.
  4. Clickbd

5. EvilIntent

EvilIntent Tentacle Wrangler

Sorry if my last post was offensive due to language or anything but it really offends me that I would lie about something like that..... I bought my copy back when starbound first came out on steam as well as 5 copies for friends as gifts on steam.... .All I wanna do is play the damn game I payed for.

6. Clickbd

yes , me too i shop the game on steam
    and the game have eror

7. Moon Star

Moon Star Cosmic Narwhal

I'm having problems playing too. As soon as I try to play Starbound I get this error. I don't download mods for it. Upon clicking "Launch Starbound" from the launcher, I get this error.

EDIT
    I now remember that I downloaded a mod. I guess thats' the only problem! Gonna try to remove it.

Attached Files:

8. Cryoplazma

Cryoplazma Intergalactic Tourist

Ok. This is what I did. I went into my Steam folder and located my Starbound folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Starbound .... for windows 7 64 bit users)

I deleted my "Player" and my "Universe" folders. That got my game up and running again. Not sure if you have to 1 or both but, like always, you can make backups of your folders and test this for yourself. I only played for 1 hour between the big patch and the little "hotfix" patch that came out and this is all when it started.

I hope this helps you all too. This worked for BOTH my server and my single player games. Now my friends and I can play using my IP, just like we did before. Its a fresh start and fun!

BTW they "lying" thing. Dude come off the ill will brother (Directed at RvLesh). We are having problems and it only compounds them when we get a rude person on the forums. You can help or just don't post condescending post for others who are asking for help.

Good luck to you all!

Last edited: Jan 27, 2014
  9. Moon Star

Moon Star Cosmic Narwhal

Edit the whatever

Deleted the mod. Guess old mods just crash your game.

10. RvLesh

RvLesh Parsec Taste Tester

Yup.

Creative Mode was updated to support FK.

11. EvilIntent

EvilIntent Tentacle Wrangler

DUDE! THAT TOTALLY WORKED!!! Thank you Sooooo much for the help! It's much appreciated ^_^ also there's further proof that I never messed with or downloaded any mods.. .

12. Cryoplazma

Cryoplazma Intergalactic Tourist

My absolute pleasure. Space on my friend! :up:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.