1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Starbound wont start since new patch - ERROR

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by EvilIntent, Jan 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EvilIntent

EvilIntent Tentacle Wrangler

Since downloading the new patch through steam , I cant even start starbound now.....very frustrating!

Heres the error I recieve -

StarException: Mod 'Minimalize' is of wrong version 'Beta v. Angry koala' expected 'Beta v. Furious Koala' 0050D40B
    (/users/builder/starbound-slave/rekeasebuilder-windows/build/sorce/core/StarString.hpp:351) 0050ED93
    (/Users/builder/starbound-slave/releasebuilder-windows/build/sorce/game/StarRoot.cpp:67) ... (2) 00505D31
    (\SDL-1.2.15/./src/main/win32/SDL_win32/SDL_win32_main.c:318)

And when i click off of that error message, another comes up saying......

The application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the applications support team for more information.

Since release of starbound on steam I have had NO issues playing whatsoever.....please if someone could help me here I would be greatly thankful....I have no clue what I should do in order to even go about fixing this :(

2. EvilIntent

Also I run a high end gaming PC on windows 7 64bit intel core i7 - 2600CPU @3.4GHz
    8gb ram

3. EvilIntent

4. RvLesh

RvLesh Parsec Taste Tester

Code:
    Mod 'Minimalize' is of wrong version
    WHAT COULD IT MEAN?!

5. EvilIntent

I don't understand what your insinuating.... Are you trying to say I'm operating on the wrong version? Because if so, that's not the case...I checked to see what version I had installed and steam did in fact update everything to the new patch.... Still same issue...... Then I proceeded to delete any trace of starbound from my computer until it was fully uninstaled so I could have a fresh start for downloading again.... Once fully installed I go to boot up starbound and still the same problem continues to pop up and persist in giving me the same message I stated earlier. I tried opening starbound outside of steam and still the same error message would pop up.... I'm very eager to play the game so this error is really getting me down right now... Hopefully someone can give some constructive advice rather than a smartass insinuation with no explanation. It would be greatly appreciated.

6. Sergio Juarez

Sergio Juarez Tentacle Wrangler

Delete the "Minimalize" mod folder. On my linux there was a same thing, but without any messages.

7. EvilIntent

Thanks for the insight, I'll try that then report back immediately after.

8. EvilIntent

I deleted the folder and still same problem, should I uninstall again and once downloaded again delete the folder? IDK what else to do :-[

9. Sergio Juarez

You have the Steam version, right?

10. EvilIntent

Yes, I do.

11. Sergio Juarez

OK, so... Which folders do you have in your Starbound directory and Starbound/mods directory?

12. RvLesh

Get rid of all your mods. They are out of date.

I'm not sure how the error could be any more clear on this point.

13. Cryoplazma

Cryoplazma Intergalactic Tourist

I'm pretty much having the same problem. I can't play in Single or Multiplayer. I can't even launch a server. Every time I open open the game it crashes when I choose the character I want to play. I get a "Runtime" error report and the game shuts down.

Oh, btw, I have never ran any mods. I have none stored on my computer for this game.

14. EvilIntent

.... I don't use any mods, never have either

15. RvLesh

Ah, I see. Starbound must be lying.

16. Clickbd

Clickbd Intergalactic Tourist

lying ?

17. Clickbd

lying ?

18. RvLesh

The error message this thread is about says that one of the installed mods is out of date.

19. Clickbd

sorry i speak french

20. Clickbd

i utilise Google traduction

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.