1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Starbound won't launch

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by LillaNyckelpiga, Dec 30, 2019.

1. LillaNyckelpiga

LillaNyckelpiga Void-Bound Voyager

I have been trying for so long. My game stopped working about a year ago, shortly after i downloaded a few more mods mid-playthrough. I had just come to the Avian boss, and i thought it was weird, as he took no damage, and did not move at all... After attempting to kill him for the fourth time, i finally just cheated through that part. So when i came back to home base, nothing had changed. I could still fight the next boss, but there were no new people to find at the ark. So i continued to the Apex mission after gathering enough supplies and when i reached the boss, the health bar appeared... but he wasnt there! I cant remember what mods i installed, but a few plays later, when i started up starbound... it crashed right after the chucklefish logo. So, i tried a few more times and gave up. Then, about a month later i decided to do something about it. I needed to play SB, so i sadly removed all my mods, uninstalled and reinstalled SB and when i started: it worked! So i only installed about 4 mods and was done for the day. But, i forgot about the fix for a few days and started playing other games. A year later, i got the feel again, started starbound and it crashed right after the logo. Ive tried fixing it for about 10 hours in total, now... However, when i launched the unstable version, it started smoothly. i was relatively happy, and when i went to the mods page on steam using the ingame button, i saw that i was already subscribed to some mods like Frackin' Universe and weapon augmentation table. So i removed Frackin' Universe as i that was one of the mods i installed mid-playthrough, and it was large. So i tried starting normal SB a few times, and yet it did not work.

Now im sitting here, with a modded, unlaunchable Starbound, on a computer without NVIDIA graphics drivers or Microsoft Graphics Driver. What should i do? There is no log when it crashes either. What more information do you need to help?

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

I moved your post to it's own topic because the previous topic wasn't the same issue like you are encountering.

First as of all: Some mods mustn't be added or removed mid-playthrough like Frackin Universe because this will inevitably break your game.

Some additional info i will need in this case:
    So are you having problems with the unstable version or the stable version?
    What happens if you try with an empty storage folder (make a backup of the previous one).
    What are your specs?

If it crashes upon launch without any error message and no log it might indicate a permission problem.